Bulldogs Players That Went To Your School/local footy club etc etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Wiggins won a best and fairest for us in the mid-2000's after being delisted.

Simon Cox also played in our league until he retired last year. Now coaches one of the local reserves teams.

Early seventies I think , I fear I have a few more K's on the clock than you Fossie.

One more thing on "sheepshead" Brown. He won the FDL B & F in both the U 16's and U18's in the the same year.
Hate to think how many B & Fs he won in his junior days ?
Did you get my PM?

Sorry Fossie , but what does PM mean ?
Personal message. I taught you about these a while ago, KH :p

Under the "inbox" part on the top right of the screen is where you can find them.

I played/went to school with few players from other teams too.
I went to school with Cameron Guthrie and played footy with him throughout our juniors. He was a really quiet kid, footy dominated his life. Sadly it's gone to his head and has a huge ego.
I also went to school with mark blicavs, he is a really nice guy.
I got tagged by jono o'rourke in our u14s grand final.. he is a really nice kid too, was a gun back then, I hope it works out for him.
Taylor hine from norf, absolute w****r!

Bump for anyone else who wants to share which Bulldog players went to their school or came from your local footy club.

Bit of a case of "who?" but I played against David Round when he was playing for Southport, here in Queensland.

He was on the WB list for a couple of seasons in the late 90s before getting delisted. Son of club great, Barry Round.

He went on to win 2 Grogan Medals up here in the QAFL, playing as a ruckman

I was taller than him at 201cm (he was 192), but the bloke was just about impossible to move and was a beast.

Kind of depressing that this guy was rejected at top level football, yet was dominating the league I was in. Reality check :eek:

Also, another case of who?? But Shannon Corcoran (Footscray mid in the 90s) worked for my Dad as a sales rep when he moved up to QLD to play for the bears. Back in the days when AFL players had second jobs.

Was a cracking bloke, I think he went to the Swans after his stint at Brisbane.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I believe Kieran McGuinness was from around the Wantirna area but not sure what school he went to - may of been Wantirna College.

Kieran went to Emmaus College years 7 - 10.

Got a footy scholarship to Carey Grammar for VCE.

Bit of a case of "who?" but I played against David Round when he was playing for Southport, here in Queensland.

He was on the WB list for a couple of seasons in the late 90s before getting delisted. Son of club great, Barry Round.

He went on to win 2 Grogan Medals up here in the QAFL, playing as a ruckman

I was taller than him at 201cm (he was 192), but the bloke was just about impossible to move and was a beast.

Kind of depressing that this guy was rejected at top level football, yet was dominating the league I was in. Reality check :eek:

Wonderful name for the medal :rolleyes:

I did my VCE at Essendon Keilor College in 2000-2001 which had a Calder Cannons program. About 30 boys in my year level thought they were going to be AFL stars - arrogant as hell. From that group, only Andrew Welsh, Brent Reilly, Ryan Crowley and maybe a couple of others made it to the AFL.

I played footy at Carey with jack macrae, and Nathan hrovat came to the school later on when I was no longer allowed to play with boys.
Kristian jaksch, jack viney and Jason Ashby (from essendon) were also in my team.

In the same class as Grant Simmons, who played about 40 games in the 1970s.
Leigh Matthews almost killed him in 1975 at Waverley (he stopped breathing, had to be resuscitated). Matthews talked about it in his book...

Doug Hawkins was in year 7 when I was in year 12. Wow - how old am I? :D :eek:
I remember that, i was there that day..........closest I've ever been to thinking a footballer was dead.

Grew up down the road from Jonno's family house, and almost went to the same school (Decades later) - My aunt's brother and his wife are best friends with him and his wife, to the point of babysitting their kids when Jonno was playing.

Dad had the misfortune of having Rohan Smith line up on him years ago.

My cousin's girlfriend is childhood friends with Hrovat - Reckons he was a freak even as a kid.

I'm related to Dipper somewhere down the line (Third or fourth cousins? Can't remember for sure.)

Have a cousin that played for Hawthorn but never made a big impact, Dario Dellesandro.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back