Bulldogs Players That Went To Your School/local footy club etc etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Lame compared to most of these, drawing a long bow, but Tom Boyd went to the same primary school that my son now goes to

For myself, no doggies out East that I can remember, but Paul Salmon went to my high school. Perhaps Gary O'Donnell too (don't quote me on that)

The only other complete random that I can come up with is former Port Adelaide premiership player Matty Bishop used to play basketball with my group of mates before he was drafted

I was in the same year level as Christin Macri who played a handful of games for us in 99/00?? as a mature age recruit.

Nathan Brown was the year below us - I was also meant to play in his tennis team but he pulled out the day before the comp started. Must have been unimpressed with who he was named to team up with!! This would have been 1991/1992?

Leigh Colbert was also in my year at school and a great fella. Brilliant at all sports but quite humble about it.

Paul Sharkey another who played a few for Collingwood (and one or two for Hawthorn)

Catholic College Bendigo....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I used to kick a paper football around in the street with Vern Banbury, you know, in the "olden days", but all that kid ever wanted to do was bet on games...

Then there was that time Roy Park and I were playing cricket in the street, and Roy hit the ball into the Mayfields' bedroom window, and I climbed up to find it and... well, it's a good thing Mr Mayfield was at work!

Charlie Sutton
Seaholme Primary School. Came to see his kids in school a few times. Met him in the school-yard. Must have been in 1955 as his daughter told me that her father was captain Coach of Footscray and they had just won the premiership. It didn't mean much to me at that stage.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back