Analysis Reykjavik's Law

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 15, 2009
The Devil's personal coke roadie
AFL Club
Collingwood
Having watched the board in recent times, I have come to a stunning conclusion.

We now have a new law of internet discussion to add to Godwin's Law and Poe's Law. It reads as follows.

"As any discussion thread on the Collingwood Bigfooty board grows longer, the probability of it coming down to a Malthouse versus Buckley slapfest approaches 1. That is, sooner or later, any Collingwood topic, if discussed long enough, becomes another opportunity to rehash the comparison of MM and Buckley and the thread will be effectively derailed."

In infinite modesty, which depending on your affiliation you can liken either to Mick or Bucks, I have named it Reykjavik's law.

I await internet immortality. Or someone proving me wrong. Both are equally desirable as far as I'm concerned.

It's what MM did to the culture of the club on his way out - make it about him and Bucks- why not take on a similar culture here.

Hopefully we are helping prove your law in this very thread!!

The longer a conversion goes for the higher chance of anything being brought up increases

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Although I know this is meant to be a light-hearted discussion, there is a reason for this Buckley-Malthouse thing happening again and again.
It's because there is no established basis of facts that everyone agrees to..... so the discussion just goes off in different directions.

So here are some established facts:
1. The players play for Malthouse but not for Buckley
2. Malthouse is expert in getting teams in the finals, while Buckley is the opposite
3. Buckley wants Leading Teams to make robots of the players, while Mick hates LT and wants them to keep their individuality
4. Buckley stuffed up the team
5. Mick should have been retained post 2011
6. Buckley knows how to talk in media conferences but cant coach
7. Malthouse is the opposite of No.6
8. We will never win a premiership under Buckley.

There are others but these are the accepted facts that everyone can agree on. The rest is open to discussion using these groundrules.

Op is spot on and it really is getting tiresome. The same conversations rehashed over and over again on every thread. It's like a broken record player.
Thread titles have no meaning any more. How these people don't get bored of saying the same things over and over and over and over again amazes me.

Having watched the board in recent times, I have come to a stunning conclusion.

We now have a new law of internet discussion to add to Godwin's Law and Poe's Law. It reads as follows.

"As any discussion thread on the Collingwood Bigfooty board grows longer, the probability of it coming down to a Malthouse versus Buckley slapfest approaches 1. That is, sooner or later, any Collingwood topic, if discussed long enough, becomes another opportunity to rehash the comparison of MM and Buckley and the thread will be effectively derailed."

In infinite modesty, which depending on your affiliation you can liken either to Mick or Bucks, I have named it Reykjavik's law.

I await internet immortality. Or someone proving me wrong. Both are equally desirable as far as I'm concerned.

As much as I respect you it should be named THATSGOLD 's Law. Simple cause and effect.

Can the mods start banning anyone who makes an unrelated post about MM or Buck's. This would sole a lot of issues

Remove this Banner Ad

Back