All Australian thread 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

For once we get a year when they pretty much nail the small/med forwards instead of loading it up with mids and we think they should change it?

Parker goes in for someone else IMO, I don't know who but not to replace the small forward playing in his position.

Bruest should be in Ballantyne position, Parker to HFF, problem solved.

Harvey isn't even close to making it.

I'd argue 26 touches a game, 28 goals and countless score involvements is a pretty handy season from a high half forward, especially in a top six side and getting a tag most weeks. He's had a sensational year.

when are people going to realise that its not just about stats?

Don't get me wrong Heppell is a fine player, but his hurt factor is zero, cant kick over 45, cant break lines, its always the simple ball and whilst there is nothing wrong with that, you have game breakers like Parker missing out. Come on..
Heppell's game-winning goal against Port and second halves against the Doggies and Eagles say otherwise.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolutely despise everything Essendon, but what I saw of Dyson Heppell this season, deserving of his spot.
Blinkers off, people.:p

I love how many people think player x should be in over player y and ignore the fact that Joel Selwood had a worse season than like 10 midfielders this year.

I too am curious although have no stats and he is one of the brownlow faves. The games I have seen on tv he has been only ok in most and has been effectively tagged. Wonder if anyone has stats on his year.

when are people going to realise that its not just about stats?

Don't get me wrong Heppell is a fine player, but his hurt factor is zero, cant kick over 45, cant break lines, its always the simple ball and whilst there is nothing wrong with that, you have game breakers like Parker missing out. Come on..
You sir, have no idea. The boy is a star and has matured into a player who can carry a midfield. Parker was stiff but come back to me when he is the key midfielder when surrounded by no other A-grade mids.

Bruest should be in Ballantyne position, Parker to HFF, problem solved.

I'd be looking at Parker to replace one of the 33 midfielders if we were trying to get him in tbh. Ballantyne kicked 50 goals this season so I would have him in for sure (as much as I hate him).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back