All Australian thread 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

What page is the AA team named?

Thanks

Backs: Cale Hooker (Essendon), Daniel Talia (Adelaide) and Nick Smith (Sydney Swans)

Half-backs: Nick Malceski (Sydney Swans), Alex Rance (Richmond), Brodie Smith (Adelaide)

Centres: Nat Fyfe (Fremantle), Josh Kennedy (Sydney Swans), Dyson Heppell (Essendon)

Half-forwards: Robbie Gray (Port Adelaide), Nick Riewoldt (St Kilda), Luke Breust (Hawthorn)

Forwards: Hayden Ballantyne (Fremantle), Lance Franklin (Sydney Swans), Jarryd Roughead (Hawthorn)

Rucks: Aaron Sandilands (Fremantle), Joel Selwood (Geelong), Gary Ablett (Gold Coast)

Interchange: Jordan Lewis (Hawthorn), Scott Pendlebury (Collingwood), Travis Boak (Port Adelaide), Tom Rockliff (Brisbane Lions)

Backs: Cale Hooker (Essendon), Daniel Talia (Adelaide) and Nick Smith (Sydney Swans)

Half-backs: Nick Malceski (Sydney Swans), Alex Rance (Richmond), Brodie Smith (Adelaide)

Centres: Nat Fyfe (Fremantle), Josh Kennedy (Sydney Swans), Dyson Heppell (Essendon)

Half-forwards: Robbie Gray (Port Adelaide), Nick Riewoldt (St Kilda), Luke Breust (Hawthorn)

Forwards: Hayden Ballantyne (Fremantle), Lance Franklin (Sydney Swans), Jarryd Roughead (Hawthorn)

Rucks: Aaron Sandilands (Fremantle), Joel Selwood (Geelong), Gary Ablett (Gold Coast)
You forgot the best part of the whole team

The bench.

Surprised anyone would question Sandilands - he's clearly the most influential ruck in the comp and it's not even close.

I'd be looking at Parker to replace one of the 33 midfielders if we were trying to get him in tbh. Ballantyne kicked 50 goals this season so I would have him in for sure (as much as I hate him).

Except Ballantyne and Bruest should be competing for the same spot (and if we really want to talk about it, you could take Roughhead out of side, Bruest to other pocket, Jacobs to bench, and Parker/Harvey to HFF.

Bruest was not a better HFF than Harvey or Parker, but he should walk into the FP position.

Riewoldt is my favourite selection this year. I felt lonely pushing for him when discussing the team with others but he was easily the best CHF this year. Was far more dominant than Hawkins. Hawkins didn't kick many more goals than Roo yet Roo was up the ground for most of his time trying to inspire his young troops. We should always acknowledge those who excel in lower teams.

And on a more biased note I still reckon Paddy Ryder and Hibbo were very unlucky. I had Sandi and Ryder as my SC rucks all year and therefore followed them closely and tbh Ryder was the better player while Sandi just gets first tap more often. It all depends what you prefer in a ruckman I guess. And Hibbo averaged most disposals of all defenders, missed just 4 games and causes damage with most of his kicks. Neither in top 40 is mind-boggling really.

Overall though it's a great side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How many times during the announcement was it stated that they picked players due to where they played during the year?
How many games has Franklin played CHF instead of FF?
Buddy played as a Hybrid CHF/FF he changed position a lot in games.

Roo played CHF all the time and was the best at it. Roughead was chosen as the 3rd tall.

Why are people even saying things like "Sandi is the best ruckman in the comp "he's the most influential ruck in the comp" It's about the 2014 season not who is better than someone else overall FFS

North finish final four with no AA representatives. When was the last time this happened?
Not a bad thing, Harvey stiff but it's blokes like Gibson, Wright and Swallow, who missed a lot, that makes you a good TEAM at the moment.

North finish final four with no AA representatives. When was the last time this happened?
In 2007 Collingwood didn't even have one player in the 40 man squad.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back