All Australian thread 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

I wasn't complaining, it was a genuine question. Just a bit unusual for a final four team not to have an AA rep.
Couldn't be happier with the way we have performed as a team this year :)

Yep. Your guy's team performance has been nothing short of outstanding.

Some of the Richmond supporters are not Kanga fans, to say the least, but I'm hoping you guys go all the way! Good luck!

There are people actually questioning Heppell's selection? Dear God. He would surely have been one of the very first picked.

His year was absolutely sensational, by any stretch.

It's simply ludicrous (and extremely biased and/or ignorant) to argue otherwise.

I would say a lot of people are trying to justify there ridiculous comments about him at the start of the season, he is an absolute star and this will be the first of multiple all australian awards.

I would say a lot of people are trying to justify there ridiculous comments about him at the start of the season, he is an absolute star and this will be the first of multiple all australian awards.

I don't get the angst at his selection. He's a gun and deserves his spot. Predicting multiple AA awards is not unreasonable, IMO.

I'd argue Franklin has that mantle and has actually been selected out of position in the AA team.
As a floating forward who does a lot of his best work at ground level I disagree with you here emphatically. Roo is a hard leading, marking CHF and that is his position. Franklin is by no means out of position in any of the 6 forward spots. I don't think this can be in dispute.

I had him on my bench and Rockliff on the ground. Pendles was no better than Hep this year, in fact he struggled a bit without the release that Swan gives their midfield. And while I'll give you Barlow, who is routinely underrated, Miles is a bit of a Richmond piss-take on your behalf. Sure, the kid impressed but he has some catching up to do yet.

Fair post - yeh I threw in Miles cheekily. Think Pendles first half of the season is undersold/forgotten a bit, did drop off towards the end.

Hep was definitely in the mix for mine has had a brilliant season but if we were going to go the full monty with players in proper positions I wouldnt have him on the wing, I'd have him just missing out on the inside mid quota to the players I named in my previous post and would've found room for parker. That's not a slight on the kid

I don't get the angst at his selection. He's a gun and deserves his spot. Predicting multiple AA awards is not unreasonable, IMO.

But don't you know the Big Footy logic? If you have different hair you cant possibly be any good :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair post - yeh I threw in Miles cheekily. Think Pendles first half of the season is undersold/forgotten a bit, did drop off towards the end.

Hep was definitely in the mix for mine has had a brilliant season but if we were going to go the full monty with players in proper positions I wouldnt have him on the wing, I'd have him just missing out on the inside mid quota to the players I named in my previous post and would've found room for parker. That's not a slight on the kid

How many genuine wingers are there these days though? they are all just a part of midfield rotations, Heppell has a perfect balance of inside and outside play.

There are people actually questioning Heppell's selection? Dear God. He would surely have been one of the very first picked.

His year was absolutely sensational, by any stretch.

It's simply ludicrous (and extremely biased and/or ignorant) to argue otherwise.
There's one extreme of saying he shouldn't be in, and there's the other extreme of him being one of the first picked.

Neither is true. He absolutely deserves AA selection, but wouldn't have been one of the first picked.

lol @ your delusion - what does Heppell do better than a priddis, miles, barlow, libba? they are essentially all the same type of player.

You have just lost all credibility putting Miles in there, give me a ******* spell

But don't you know the Big Footy logic? If you have different hair you cant possibly be any good :rolleyes:

So it's all about the hair do? Might explain why Dusty didn't get in! :p

Personally, I think it has more to do with the colour of the gurnsey.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back