All Australian thread 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

I think the forward line should have been something like this:

Gray - Franklin/Riewoldt - Harvey/Parker
Breust - Roughead - Ballantyne

No his statement was the only thing Jacobs bests Sandi in was Uncontested Disposals.
So was showed what Jacobs actually bests Sandi in

2 thumbs up for you, Jacobs blew him out of the water with those stats.

Now what makes your convenient stats even more meaningless though is that he has more clangers and his disposal efficiency is less than Sandilands.

Brodie Smith inclusion is an absolute joke, did they make the call after round 13 or something? Barely touched the ball in the second half of the season.

Riewoldt also a joke, 5 good games at the start of the year, went on holidays when the saints played decent teams and had a couple of good games at the end

Hawkins straight in for reiwoldt, and im not sure who to replace smith in light of the whole playing people in positions thing. Are there any other HBF in the squad? But Smith does not deserve it

I'd also drop one of Ballantyne/Breust, move the other to the pocket and put Dustin Martin on the half forward flank

Move Heppel to the bench, drop boak and put Parker in the side.

Except Ballantyne and Bruest should be competing for the same spot (and if we really want to talk about it, you could take Roughhead out of side, Bruest to other pocket, Jacobs to bench, and Parker/Harvey to HFF.

Bruest was not a better HFF than Harvey or Parker, but he should walk into the FP position.

I'd also be open to that. Breust into the pocket for Roughead, Parker into HFF but then who does Rough replace on the bench as the obvious utility in the team?

Also note we only have one ruck. Rough is the obvious resting ruck in this case up forward if we want to play semantics.

Bottom line, Roughead was the second best key forward this season, so he must be in the team.

Last edited:
Except Ballantyne and Bruest should be competing for the same spot (and if we really want to talk about it, you could take Roughhead out of side, Bruest to other pocket, Jacobs to bench, and Parker/Harvey to HFF.

Bruest was not a better HFF than Harvey or Parker, but he should walk into the FP position.

There's not even an alternate universe that doesn't have Roughead in the side.

Why bc Im not part of the lovefest? Hes a very good player but any decent accumulator can do what he does from the rookie list ie barlow and Miles. Players like parker, Boomer and martin are game breakers, kick goals and break the game open.

He shouldn't be named on the wing anyway - hes more inside and competing against Ablett, Selwood, Kennedy, rockliff, pendles, he's not better than any of them.
I had him on my bench and Rockliff on the ground. Pendles was no better than Hep this year, in fact he struggled a bit without the release that Swan gives their midfield. And while I'll give you Barlow, who is routinely underrated, Miles is a bit of a Richmond piss-take on your behalf. Sure, the kid impressed but he has some catching up to do yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's nothing

Hawks won the 1991 Premiership by a truck load and had no AA reps.

Not a bad thing, Harvey stiff but it's blokes like Gibson, Wright and Swallow, who missed a lot, that makes you a good TEAM at the moment.

I wasn't complaining, it was a genuine question. Just a bit unusual for a final four team not to have an AA rep.
Couldn't be happier with the way we have performed as a team this year :)

Riewoldt is my favourite selection this year. I felt lonely pushing for him when discussing the team with others but he was easily the best CHF this year.

I'd argue Franklin has that mantle and has actually been selected out of position in the AA team.

Brodie Smith inclusion is an absolute joke, did they make the call after round 13 or something? Barely touched the ball in the second half of the season.

Riewoldt also a joke, 5 good games at the start of the year, went on holidays when the saints played decent teams and had a couple of good games at the end

Hawkins straight in for reiwoldt, and im not sure who to replace smith in light of the whole playing people in positions thing. Are there any other HBF in the squad? But Smith does not deserve it

I'd also drop one of Ballantyne/Breust, move the other to the pocket and put Dustin Martin on the half forward flank

Move Heppel to the bench, drop boak and put Parker in the side.

Riewoldt was number 1 in the league for marks and score involvements. That is exactly the role of a CHF and he did it the best.

I'm not ok with it, because you've currently got 23 players in a 22-man team, because it's a lot easier to say he should have made it than to knock someone out for him.
Deal with it sunshine, or are you still a tad peeved with the result last Friday night. :p

I think the forward line should have been something like this:

Gray - Franklin/Riewoldt - Harvey/Parker
Breust - Roughead - Ballantyne

Yeah, like this although would definitely have Franklin ahead of Riewoldt. And the only other change i'd make would be Jacobs in ruck over Sandilands.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back