Brenton Sanderson sacked , Who will be the new Adelaide coach ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Hope Sando gets another chance to be a senior AFL coach
When was the last time a sacked senior coach got a head coaching gig afterwards? Not including Sheedss, who was pretty much there for marketing purposes...

This is a surprise. Sando not that bad, didn't have much Tex to play with and danger obviously carried niggles through the year. They performed as expected, the loss to WC really hurt him.

Didn't even save Malthouse.
Still baffled at Eddie having that stupid change over coach plan . I like Bucks now days, but Eddie made a blue on that one. And poor old Mick well he's there at the poor old mangled blues, who the AFL assassinated several years ago.
And have a sniper waiting around for the word, to hit Essendon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would Tudor leave for a senior gig?

I would assume anyone serious about being a senior coach would. I know Tudor didn't apply for the Melbourne job, was just asked to interview for the Essendon position and he did that, so not sure what he is after career-wise long-term.

If you wanted to be a senior coach you would take almost any senior job you would think.

I for one welcome Patrick to the Cattery
Said this a few months ago will just dust it off again.
847284465.jpg
Danger doesn't wear gloves!

Club is up s**t creek if the players are making the calls.
I can see where you're coming from, however if Dangerfield, Walker and Talia went to the CEO and said it's either him or us, I can understand why the club would panic and make a cut-throat decision. At the end of the day it's the players who will bring the club success.

That's where you need a strong administration to sit the players down and tell them where they belong. Happened at Essendon in 1998. Peter Jackson and Graeme McMahon smacked them down and the players who had issues were moved on.
If that happened it's rare. In cases of major player dissatisfaction, coaches are invariably the ones to go. Much easier to replace Sando than Danger, Tex, Thompson, van Berlo, Talia, Jacobs et al.

Have no idea whether there was dissatisfaction or if so who the players might be. Just saying it's way easier to replace a coach if he's perceived as the problem than replace half a dozen key players.

Adelaide have to be the most overrated team in the league. They aren't top 8 lock ins like everyone seems to think.

I'm sure they'll get handed another easy draw next year and their new coach will look like a God, and the cycle will start all over again.

2 years left to run on a contract with over 50% win/loss record. Players and a commentator knifing their coach. Shambles.

Not the most overrated team but certainly the most overrated midfield.

Also I'd say we're due for a tough draw.

If that happened it's rare. In cases of major player dissatisfaction, coaches are invariably the ones to go. Much easier to replace Sando than Danger, Tex, Thompson, van Berlo, Talia, Jacobs et al.

Have no idea whether there was dissatisfaction or if so who the players might be. Just saying it's way easier to replace a coach if he's perceived as the problem than replace half a dozen key players.
Giving the playing group that much power is just as dangerous as a walkout.

What mistake was that?

If Roo has just tossed the "outsider" Sando for Goodwin, then I can't see Bickley going anywhere.
Even if it's not Goodwin, I still can't see them tossing Bickley. He's the board's "man on the inside".
More or less kept the whole old assistant panel...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back