Strategy Should we trade Dangerfield?

Should we trade Dangerfield?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't know anything at all except to say if a gun player who is out of contract next year had a coffee with another teams coach you can't tell me his current position was not talked about.

What he said on the footy show about meeting clarkson is an out and out lie. As if they never spoke about that and just the international rules. Honestly they think we are all idits!

I expect him to a sign with Port, if success is the only thing that he's after. They're a club going places and, he wouldn't even have to move house, either. The servers would melt hard in that case.

I'd love to see him come to the cattery, should he wish to leave Adelaide for whatever reason. If he wanted success, he'd go a long way to helping Geelong remain competitive, but I doubt that even he'd be enough. We've had our time and now we're on the slide.

The same applies to Hawthorn. I predict that they'll drop the GF to Sydney, drop off slightly in 2015 and start really sliding in 2016, the year that Danger would play his first year as a F/A. Like us, Hawthorn will have a huge bundle of cash as all of their ageing stars retire, but that'll mean they'll not be as competitive and, ergo on the slide.

No one should be any more certain that Danger will stay on the back of that Footy Show appearance. He certainly played it well, but he clearly hasn't made up his mind about what he's doing. For what it's worth, I think that he's a better than 50% chance of staying, so the talk of trading him now is madness. I get why people want to trade him, once bitten twice shy and all that, but he's worth risking losing for less than getting rid of him now when he may well stay for the duration of his career.

If that's all you could surmise from my post, then the joke's on you!

What else is there to say? If you honestly think a star of the AFC will ever go to Port (or vice versa) you're delusional. From the top of my head the only player that I can remember that's gone from one club to the other is Brad Symes? It would be a death sentence to do it and the only way Danger is leaving is if its a successful Victorian club.

Last edited:
I can't make up my mind on this. I wonder if sanderson did want to trade him to avoid the a tippet scandal? Who could blame him as it had massive implications. I'm purely surmising, but you can imagine a player revolt if Dangerfield wants to be one club player,but some still wanted him gone.

What else did you expect people say say?

"oh, good observation", "yet, we ezpect him to go to Port as well"

Maybe you should go strangle your cat.
Did Patrick not state that success, rather than money, would be the determining factor more than anything in where he'd end up when his contract ends? Name me a better placed club than Port right at this moment in time, if future success is what a prospective player desires.

Last edited:
What else is there to say? If you honestly think a star of the AFC will ever go to Port you're delusional. From the top of my head the only player that I can remember that's gone from one club to the other is Brad Symes? It would be a death sentence to do it and the only way Danger is leaving is if its a successful Victorian club.
There's a first for everything. If we're to take Danger on face value, he wants success, and Port Adelaide look like they'll be well placed to cater for his desire to achieve success in the near future. Patrick will look after number one at the end of the day, why should he close his mind to Port if they happen to offer him everything which he craves?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did Patrick not state that success, rather than money, would be the determining factor more than anything in where he'd end up when his contract ends? Name me a better placed club than Port right at this moment in time, if future success is what a prospective player desires.

Sucess can and is measuured in multiple ways.

Winning is just form.

Danger will sign on if he feels that we are on a winner with the new coach and the feel at the club.

He won't know that until next year some time.

Why would he sign now?

This is all that needs to be said right now.

If the new coach comes in and we begin to fly, or become more consistent, he'll stay

If we do what we did this year, he's gawn

What else is there to say? If you honestly think a star of the AFC will ever go to Port (or vice versa) you're delusional. From the top of my head the only player that I can remember that's gone from one club to the other is Brad Symes? It would be a death sentence to do it and the only way Danger is leaving is if its a successful Victorian club.

Matty Bode?

Certainly no stars.

This is all that needs to be said right now.

If the new coach comes in and we begin to fly, or become more consistent, he'll stay

If we do what we did this year, he's gawn

I don't think winning and losing is the issue as he knows injuries and other issues can hinder those aspects of the game. I think he is looking for the things the club does and doesn't do to control those issues.

If we kept Sando for 2015 and went 12 and 0 but his behaviour or forms of communication didn't change, I think he was gone. However, if we look at all the veribles that inflence winning and we were still losing, i think he would be happy and stay as he knows the club is doing everything in it's control to change that culture and winning will come.

As I said, sucess is measured in many different ways and winning is jusy one formn. I don't think he is silly to overlook a number of things if we are simply winning.

And winning games is the success which all players crave. Winning games of football in September, I suspect, is what Patrick alludes to more so than anything else.

And yet GAJ left geelong and has won less games since then he did in one year at Geelong.

And yet GAJ left geelong and has won less games since then he did in one year at Geelong.
He was bloated from success, so he decided to fatten his wallet instead. Had he not already won two flags, and should Geelong have been in the same position as say Port are now, on the cusp of a Premiership, I suspect that he may have not desired a "new challenge" as much.

Am I the only one who finds it incredibly hard to believe that Clarko would meet Danger in the middle of the finals series (which you battle all year to get to) just to discuss the international rules series (which would probably be the last thing on his mind)?

It's bizarre.

Back