VFL Grand Final - Footscray vs Box Hill Hawks @ Etihad

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey i thought Box Hill does not answer to Hawthorn, that's why clubs have gone stand alone because the affiliate side plays the players how they see fit. that's why the dogs did it, because they couldn't control where they played and how.

Nah. We stuffed Box Hill round naming Sewell and McEvoy and then pulling them out on game day. Plus Cyril not playing was clearly a message from Hawthorn's coaching panel. Hawthorn definitely control Box Hill

And it's not about our club winning anything in a while. It's another good step in the development of some promising kids who we are hoping will join the likes of liberatore, macrae, bontempelli et al as parts of our side going forward.

Guys like Talia, Jong, redpath, jones who may never be superstars but will play roles going forward

Hey i thought Box Hill does not answer to Hawthorn, that's why clubs have gone stand alone because the affiliate side plays the players how they see fit. that's why the dogs did it, because they couldn't control where they played and how.
I think the system is very flawed.

Bit ridiculous people criticising hawthorn for acting with self-interest in grand final week!

The dogs best players were either guys who are proven not be good enough at the next level or have severe question marks when it comes to making the next step. I know the club hasn't had much.to cheer about in it's history but I still don't understand their elation, it's vfl who cares.

Oh STFU, flog.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bit ridiculous people criticising hawthorn for acting with self-interest in grand final week!
No it shouldn't matter if its grand final week or not, box Hill is its own identity that Hawks use to have their players in that are not in the seniors. Its so unfair to Box Hill to have what they as a club in the V.F.L strive for all year to have it somewhat ripped away from them for Hawthorns needs, if they want more control of their listed players then get a stand alone side. Box Hill should have told them to shove it.

In the end, Box Hill didnt deserve to win. U cant play with 21 men. Well done dogs.

Would have been s**t for Cyril, sitting ion the bench while watching your fellow players tire. Think the Hawks hierarchy owe the players a big fat apology. but i guess that is the cut for being able to play AFL listed players in the finals(when they dont qualify). Worked out well for them for allowing Mcenvoy to play last week.not so much this week.

The dogs best players were either guys who are proven not be good enough at the next level or have severe question marks when it comes to making the next step. I know the club hasn't had much.to cheer about in it's history but I still don't understand their elation, it's vfl who cares.

Some people care about B Grade Ammos.
This is VFL. Correct.
Well done Doggies!

No one should be criticising Hawthorn, with a flag on the line you do what you have to do.

But yes, the system is very flawed and if I were involved with Box Hill I'd be asking how it was allowed to happen like this. Not a good look for the VFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back