VFL Grand Final - Footscray vs Box Hill Hawks @ Etihad

Remove this Banner Ad

Feel sorry for Bello.

Hands tied- has Cyril on bench in tight game- but unable to use him.

Poor bugger- but obvioulsy understands his role.

Will put on united front- but seriously- how pissed off would you be if you were him.

Great game- and well done Dogs.

Like the look of Sisily.(sp??)

I know the club hasn't had much.to cheer about in it's history but I still don't understand their elation, it's vfl who cares.

Because we have passion and don't give up. Why we rejected the merger with your mob in 89 and why we are still a football club.

Because we have passion and don't give up. Why we rejected the merger with your mob in 89 and why we are still a football club.

This. Maybe if royboys compadres were more like us he'd still have an AFL side to support.

Last quarter of the grand final and the Hawks best player can't get off the bench... uninjured

**** the VFL is a joke
His team mates probably asked the coaches not to let him on to the ground, really poor showing with his body language and intensity, really harsh that Box Hill had to carry him.

Not Cyril's fault of course, but if I was a Box Hill player, I'd be dirty that he was left on the bench for the last quarter. I realise why they did it and all that, but I'd still be pissed.
What about the Box Hill supporters. It wouldn't make you exactly feel like running out and getting a Box Hill membership

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Furthermore, it's a really good return for us supporters to get this flag. Many of us, myself included, donated a good amount of money specifically to fund the creation of our standalone side.

It has brought football back to the Whitten Oval and re-energised some generations of supporters who are used to barracking for the scray. A good win for football in Melbourne's west.

It's not Cyril's fault but this GF means a lot to a lot of players out there. Doing this to them, and to the bloke who Cyril replaced, is just really poor IMO.
Who ever gave the Rioli order should have been told to fu@k off. Its not their side. To do that to them Box Hill players would have them wondering why did we bother all year

Absolutely nobody should blame Cyril himself, it's not his call.
Agree its not his fault.
But that's a horrible thing to do. I know they're the reserves but they have played and worked all year together.

Disgraceful. At the very least they should return the GF to next Friday night to stop that sort of s**t happening again.

His team mates probably asked the coaches not to let him on to the ground, really poor showing with his body language and intensity, really harsh that Box Hill had to carry him.

yeah. did absolutely nothing in his limited time on the ground. judging by the form we saw he wouldve been barely more helpful than he was on the bench..

Went to the game. Great stuff - very happy for the Doggies fans.

Gotta feel sorry for the Box Hill boys were cruelled by injury and first team priorities - but so much to look forward to from a Hawks perspective.

yeah. did absolutely nothing in his limited time on the ground. judging by the form we saw he wouldve been barely more helpful than he was on the bench..

You reckon? I only saw the 2nd half but I thought he was pretty influential in that 3rd quarter.

The dogs best players were either guys who are proven not be good enough at the next level or have severe question marks when it comes to making the next step. I know the club hasn't had much.to cheer about in it's history but I still don't understand their elation, it's vfl who cares.
at least we have an 'operating' club to cheer about

The dogs best players were either guys who are proven not be good enough at the next level or have severe question marks when it comes to making the next step. I know the club hasn't had much.to cheer about in it's history but I still don't understand their elation, it's vfl who cares.
Are you kidding? Crikey a GF is a GF whether it be AFL or the under 10's. It means a lot to many people.
If the AFL is the only flag that matters, a lot of people are playing footy for nothing!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back