List Mgmt. 2014 Trade and Free Agency Targets Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

All dealings with essendon players are fraught with danger.......he could have a 2 yr holiday coming up on the cards.
I don't think any current or former Essendon player with a show cause for stupidity notice will get the maximum 2 years. It will be a slap on the wrist penalty when it's all said and done. :stern look

I don't think any current or former Essendon player with a show cause for stupidity notice will get the maximum 2 years. It will be a slap on the wrist penalty when it's all said and done. :stern look

If one of them wants out I heard they can take a 3 month off season suspension if they co-operate.

exactly my thoughts as well, Majak is Petrie's replacement. Our job as a club now is to make sure when that time comes, Majak is primed.

FF is his best spot, but for mine Brown is the ideal Petrie replacement.

Next year id be looking at 2 of either Brown, Petrie or Waite. With ideally Waite and one of Brown or Petrie (together we're in danger of being exposed on the rebound). Waite has pace and ground skills while being a strong mark. Of course he'll have to earn his stripes as well.

Then theres Black, Tarrant and Wood for the 3rd tall spot and/ or forcing Waite out. Plus Curran who we must persist with, the kid is still only 21, we're gone to great effort to get that foot right and has enormous potential.

Daw has an huge leap when allowed a run at it, but despite all the muscles isnt great when bodied. Clearly lacks understanding of the game at this level and can not snap a ball to save himself. So cant drift out into the pockets at all. For mine he's well behind all of these guys.

Im not against trying Tarrant at FB for a year, and leave Black, Wood and Curran battle it out. As another poster highlighted he has turning circle like the titanic. He has no currency atm so we dont risk anything trying. Happy for him to battle out for KD spot with Tippett and even recruiting for it as well.

All of the above guys are above Daw imo.

Im also not against giving Daw another year btw, he has more upside than Curry. But less than the others as key position players. However Curry is the better ruck back up if Goldie has a long term injury. Daw could get away with it for a few weeks maybe.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FF is his best spot, but for mine Brown is the ideal Petrie replacement.

Next year id be looking at 2 of either Brown, Petrie or Waite. With ideally Waite and one of Brown or Petrie (together we're in danger of being exposed on the rebound). Waite has pace and ground skills while being a strong mark. Of course he'll have to earn his stripes as well.

Then theres Black, Tarrant and Wood for the 3rd tall spot and/ or forcing Waite out. Plus Curran who we must persist with, the kid is still only 21, we're gone to great effort to get that foot right and has enormous potential.

Daw has an huge leap when allowed a run at it, but despite all the muscles isnt great when bodied. Clearly lacks understanding of the game at this level and can not snap a ball to save himself. So cant drift out into the pockets at all. For mine he's well behind all of these guys.

Im not against trying Tarrant at FB for a year, and leave Black, Wood and Curran battle it out. As another poster highlighted he has turning circle like the titanic. He has no currency atm so we dont risk anything trying. Happy for him to battle out for KD spot with Tippett and even recruiting for it as well.

All of the above guys are above Daw imo.

Im also not against giving Daw another year btw, he has more upside than Curry. But less than the others as key position players. However Curry is the better ruck back up if Goldie has a long term injury. Daw could get away with it for a few weeks maybe.

I am not that sure Majak is that far behind the rest, I am not sure if you understand where I stand, I don't look at Majak as being the savour for 2015, I look at 2015 with a strong pre-season (fingers crossed) as been his final year of learning the caper and gaining the missing ingredient (footy nous). Drew has another 12 months and then it is Majaks time to prove he can or he can't.

I would love to see a practice match next year with Brown Majak and Black/Wood as our key forwards.

I may be dreaming, but without dreams we may as well give it away.

Apparently O'Rourke was one of the more speculative top-three picks, and he's really done nothing yet, but if our recruiters believe in his talent—and they would have studied every GWS reserves game—he should be our first priority. His type, age, and supposed level of talent would make him perfect for our list considering the age of Wells, Dal Santo, Boomer, Gibson.

Apparently O'Rourke was one of the more speculative top-three picks, and he's really done nothing yet, but if our recruiters believe in his talent—and they would have studied every GWS reserves game—he should be our first priority. His type, age, and supposed level of talent would make him perfect for our list considering the age of Wells, Dal Santo, Boomer, Gibson.

Not really that speculative. O'Rourke dominated in the U/18s and was always going to be one of the first 5 picked. He just hasn't come along as expected. Perhaps he might be developing more slowly or might just be low on confidence. It would be an interesting trade negotiation as he was such an early pick, but can hardly manage to get a game. I would be all for taking a look at him - he could be anything or nothing.

When do they normally anounce the de-listings?

Everything else is pure speculation before that happens.

Someone needed to watch the country leagues to find us a monster defender. I reckon our back six will have Buddy Nightmares for years after last Friday's touch up.

Move Atley onto a wing and de-list Jacobs would be my priority over the off-season.

Bring Mason Wood in for round 1 and forget about Tarrant, except as depth. His body just doesn't cut it at AFL level before breaking down.

Which probably explains why I am not the coach.

I think the go with Maj is quite simple, he's quick, good leap, and strong grab, he has to play out of the square, my worry is he's an awful lot like Brown. Petrie when he was younger was like that but has learnt how to play CHF, out of Brown and Maj, I don't think Maj can learn and I'd be nervous about moving Brown up there so quickly. Having said that, Brown is a worker, this is no doubt. If Brown can spend next year learning from Petrie, Maj can spend next year in the VFL dominating out of the square, he could end up offering something. I still believe Brown, Maj and Wood will be our future three and if all go to the heights their potential says they can, then that is a bloody scary forward line.

I haven't seen much of him but purely on physique wise, can we train Wallace to be our monster FB? Obviously he'd need help back there but there is no way that man will get out muscled by anyone.
Sydney on Friday played an extra man back at all times, if we can put Wallace (I'm not talking next year, definitely long term) at FB, J-Mac, and Thompson pick up the other two talls, Lukey Mac off half back with Mullet, a lock down defender in one of the pockets, and Grima in the other, with Hansen floating and rebounding/covering when Lukey and Mullet go on some runs. That could really work. With Wallace I do get that this is a year or two proposition though.

Also I really know very little about O'Rourke, can someone explain how he plays and where he would fit in to our side? I know nothing but his name.

Also I really know very little about O'Rourke, can someone explain how he plays and where he would fit in to our side? I know nothing but his name.
Outside classy Mid. Bit like Nick Dal Santo as a kid. Not sure why he hasn't come on.. worth a chance look at dom tyson or miles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back