List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Just say we did get a big chunk of money, with draft capital to burn.

The two people I’d target would be Sam Taylor from GWS and probably Harley Reid.

If we had to target more mature players you’d have to look at bigger bodies or stronger/dynamic runners. Big bodies: Tom Green/Clayton Oliver/Matt Rowell
Runners: Zac Butters/Sam Walsh/Petracca
IMG_6740.gif

Just say we did get a big chunk of money, with draft capital to burn.

The two people I’d target would be Sam Taylor from GWS and probably Harley Reid.

If we had to target more mature players you’d have to look at bigger bodies or stronger/dynamic runners. Big bodies: Tom Green/Clayton Oliver/Matt Rowell
Runners: Zac Butters/Sam Walsh/Petracca

No no no, we did that in 2017, 18 with kelly, martin, gaff. Throwing big money only makes us look unprofessional.

There is no shortcut, get a bunch of bluechip palyers and another dozen support players.

Ben Keays is out of contract for Adelaide this year. He’d be the perfect mature ager to bring in who can provide some immediate physicality around the ball or across half forward.

Nah, Ben signed a contract extension to the end of 2027 earlier this year. He’s very happy in Adelaide FWIW.

You know, we overlook modern draftee BFNAAK's experience as a BFNAAKer.

We have this fossilized idea that these kids have some romantic ideas of Archer, Boomer, maybe their folks even showed them vision of Carey.

Reality is any 2022+ BFNAAK draftees highlights of the club would include:

Beating Richmond in 2019 and 2022 in dead coach bounce games.

Beating a WAFL side in 2023.

Losing to a WAFL side in 2023.

The palpable excitement of enjoying the idea of Harley Reid as a North Melbourne player for 6 days.

Curtis Taylor's Instagram.

Jaidyn Stephenson acruing his entire NM career stats in one game in 2021.

Getting violated on Good Fridays.

You can probably excuse them for not feeling the magnetic draw of Arden Street.

You forgot the time we almost lured Josh Kelly home but he already had a dog or something

That’s one of my highlights barracking for North as a teenager

Berry - free agent give us height in midfield

Go after gws reserves players
Fahey
Gruzewski
How Josh Fahey is not getting a game leaves me bewildered. Comes in for one or two games then axed back to the reserves. Good player this kid, straight to the backline , half back, he must be sick of not getting a regular game, will come cheap, I would be going after him and one or two more players in the next trade period.

Gun is often a misused term, he wasn't too much better than andrew swallow but they both played similar type roles.
Brownlow medal 2018 runner up 2017 premiership player All Aust multiple times only player to have over 50 touches more than once 825 touches in one season still a record i believe Multiple B-F winner. And just to top it off the Leigh Mathews Medal in 2018 Not a bad resume, Swallow was a very great player for us not quite as good as Tom in my opinion anyway.

How Josh Fahey is not getting a game leaves me bewildered. Comes in for one or two games then axed back to the reserves. Good player this kid, straight to the backline , half back, he must be sick of not getting a regular game, will come cheap, I would be going after him and one or two more players in the next trade period.
Yes plenty of talent i think he maybe was an academe draft pick for them if i remember correctly. Would definitely be asking the question

Remove this Banner Ad

Back