Recruiting Targets Summary

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd like to see Butcher at Sydney, their player development is second to none. If he can't develop there he won't anywhere.

Yeah, if we could somehow make a deal to trade Butch for Tippet.. It would be worth it as a massive troll towards the Cows!

I keep hearing that we are talks with someone about getting a forward and a deal is advanced, also keep hearing about Jeremy Cameron but I cannot see Cameron ever leaving the Giants.Who knows really enjoy the possibilities of this time of year so see what happens really

Would cost us our first round and a player like Young/Moore at least.

After Saturday's performance if we had to do that and the players agreed I'd do it.

Not even thinking about getting him as I can't see him leaving the Giants.Have heard the whispers from a few people but nothing concrete about it anywhere so me thinks the Cameron stuff is the usual end of year gossip nothing more

as a ruckman i am definitely sold.

i think as a ruck he has the athletic ability , great size and shape , and natural tap ruck nous to become a very good ruckman. i think he would become a better tap ruckman than lobbe by a decent margin.

i think there are 3 question marks with gorringe

1. can he get on top of his injuries. there is always a window where if a player is injured too long he falls too far behind in his development and never catches up. i cannot tell which way it will go with gorry. a real risk.

2. forward game. as much as people see his agility , speed, height and athleticism and just assume he can become a very good forward it is not as simple as that. no 1 for a forward is this almost unteachable trait. where they know how to work the forward line and read where the next contest will be and make it and draw the ball and know where and when to lead. its why there is always a thousand promising forwards who seem to have the tools (ie d.stew) but never seem to make it. with gorry it is a real unknown at this stage. sure he kicked a great goal against us , but we havent seen enough of him up forward to know how well he will do in that role. in my own opinion he might be serviceable but im currently doubtful it would be a strength.

3. his ability around the ground. i rate him highly as a tap ruck , ive seen nothing to suggest he couldnt be a ruck who can present at contests around the ground but havent seen enough to know if he will be very good at it. one of lobbe's failures as a player is he doesnt change the game outside of ruck duels. i think gorry may have more hope in this department.

if we can get gorry for cheap enough it may be one of those win big or lose big situations. i just wouldnt bet on him becoming a great forward , but if he can stay fit i reckon he would make a very good number 1 ruckman.
Only watched him live once and that was the game here against us last year looked a forward there so maybe he's got it. His injuries normal perhaps pushing to hard with an immature body he's certainly not as bad as Hammer was and doesn't seem to be anything chronic? There's no back injury is there?
Still would like

AA just reported Sammy Day was spotted at Alberton today having a Medical, Rooch also quoted that were DEEP in talks with a key forward!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lobbe has only just got his body right. I still think in a premiership team, that lobbe has to improve his forward line skills and become the second ruck. he is a top second ruck, but we just don't dominate enough in the middle from his tap work. its his second efforts that make him good.

what do gcs need most? id say experienced tough bodies, or draft picks. they have a tidal wave of players in early 20's gettin real close to breaking free of the potential tag.

Ryder or Day? I think I'll take Day. purely based on years of service ahead and no penalties looming.

A part from the obvious need for a Key Forward and ruckman is the need for more elite ball users. I've been going on about this since the dark days that our skills are not up to scratch and even this year our strength was in our running ability but quite often our lack of skill let us down. It was quite obvious during the Preliminary final how much of discrepancy there is between us and the hawks in terms of ball use.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back