Golf Ryder Cup

Remove this Banner Ad

^ Agree on all fronts.

I put "get in the water/bunker" down to just the general un-intelligence of most Americans, or perhaps the amount of Ryder Cup bandwagoners just looking to be overly-patriotic about something, without realising that Golf is actually a gentleman's game.

That said, I thought "Cen-tral time-zone" for Rory was quite good lol.

Didn't mind it off the first tee. Found it funny that they didn't find they fairway every time they did it though.

What i didn't like was Keegan Bradley revving up the crowd every time he holed a 2ft putt.

The calls of "get in the water", "plug in the bunker" and cheering every time Team Europe had some misfortune was unnecessary as well.

Other that the atmosphere was great.

i also found the poor calls disturbing. not only were they not funny, the laughter of some of the crowd was also vomit inducing. cant believe people find that s**t funny. one cockface told a euro to hit a 3 iron from 150 yards out. hur hur. said player put in onto the green. shouldve turned around and shoved his 3 iron through the spectators skull. i know metta would've done it.

^ Agree on all fronts.

I put "get in the water/bunker" down to just the general un-intelligence of most Americans, or perhaps the amount of Ryder Cup bandwagoners just looking to be overly-patriotic about something, without realising that Golf is actually a gentleman's game.

That said, I thought "Cen-tral time-zone" for Rory was quite good lol.

sledging needs to be intelligent so that everyone including the target can have a laugh about it. otherwise it really is useless and probably contributes to our carbon footprint.

agree with ur water/bunker talk. the usa chant is mind blowingly cringeworthy.

must drink after every keegan bradley fist pump.

must drink every time the commentators complain about the crowd.
me and a couple of mates tried this yesterday, ended up pretty sauced.

christ he's a twat acting like he'd just won the masters after sinking 4 foot putts to halve the hole. Total Moo

article-0-1541EDD9000005DC-322_468x518.jpg

i wish bad things on him

In.

Can only hope that it's half as good as the last one was.

Tough to top!

I think the Europeans will get the job done comfortably.

For those that like a punt, you'll find some good value if you watch and monitor results. For some reason the bookies tend to get the markets quite wrong on Matchplay golf. I recall in the 2011 President's Cup, Robert Allenby hadn't won a point and was playing horribly, yet started favourite against David Toms in the singles. Needless to say Toms whipped him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Course is set up as a usa style course, not a traditional European course.
Might the yanks a glimmer of hope

The lowest European ranked player is 44 and that's Lee Westwood. It's their strongest team in years, Luke Donald can't even get in! USA hasn't won in Europe since 93 and their players aren't in form. The guy who just won the FedEx Cup is staying home! Europe by 4 points plus for mine.

The lowest European ranked player is 44 and that's Lee Westwood. It's their strongest team in years, Luke Donald can't even get in! USA hasn't won in Europe since 93 and their players aren't in form. The guy who just won the FedEx Cup is staying home! Europe by 4 points plus for mine.

billy horschel wasnt pick.

this man.

poulter-yay.gif

And yet the yanks lowest rank is 30 something.
European average rank 18
Usa 16

Agree the euros in much better form and deserve to start favs.
Hopefully its a cliff hanger result

And yet the yanks lowest rank is 30 something.
European average rank 18
Usa 16

Agree the euros in much better form and deserve to start favs.
Hopefully its a cliff hanger result

Yes, but the yanks have always had a strong term based on rankings.

Usually the bottom 3 Euro's are outside the Top 50.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back