List Mgmt. 2014 Free Agency, draft and trades news and discussion **Not the trade hypotheticals thread"

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Melbourne to lose frawley and Clark,
Freo dealing with the retirement of McPharlin
Dogs losing jones from an already poorly stocked cupboard
Adelaide need to find someone to fill rutten's shoes

Reckon key position players are at a premium.

What's the latest with jacks and frost from GWS? And is there anything to the Schoenmakers to adelaide rumour or is that just people forming hypotheticals?

In my opinion this is our best 23 without our 30+

FB Litherland - Spangher - Duryea
HB Birchall - Stratton - Suckling
CE Smith - Langford - Hill
HF Gunston - McEvoy - Rioli
FF Puopolo - Roughead - Breust
RU Ceglar - Lewis - Shiels
IN Anderson - Woodward - Hartung - Schoenmakers

What this says to me is Frawley is a must. It also says 'Dear opponents don't bring bandages for next year bring body bags'.

All this talk about Ryder and Carlisle - what about the big ban hammer? Is this just a forgotten thing or are people expecting the hiring clubs to have an escape clause?
I think there is an assumption that turning their backs on Lord Albert and the rest of the *FC there is a higher probability of reduced sanctions.

IN Anderson - Woodward - Hartung - Schoenmakers

What this says to me is Frawley is a must. It also says 'Dear opponents don't bring bandages for next year bring body bags'.

WhiteX would be there I would think. But definitely highlights the need for another key back.

IN Anderson - Woodward - Hartung - Schoenmakers.

Nice work. Pretty clear we are two KPDs short. Schoe is not a lost cause for mine and should be able to hold down CHB, not a certainty but a realistic chance. Brand is similar, in terms of being speculative. When he bulks up he may very well be a 200 game FB or he may not. Frawley slots in perfectly.

To be honest if we sign Frawley i dont see shoey making our best 22. If he was he would have been in the granny team.......what do you think we could get for him?

Running back with the flight of the ball---- tick.

Frawley chasing down a rat over 150 metres. - tick

Frawley chasing down Franklin out the back.....biggest tick of all.

How are you made to look good playing as a KP defender in a poor side.

Its easier to look good playing as a KP defender in a good side when you have a midfield backing you up.
Frawley when playing as a KP defender was playing in a position with a non existent midfield, who were turning the ball over at will and were conceding ridiculous numbers of inside 50's per match. so it was basically Frawley against a KP forward + 10 rampant midfielders flooding his back 50.

Lake can't kick either, as long as he gives it off to the players that can kick...then he's playing his role.

If the price is right according to our structure and if he really wants success...he will come to us. Its that simple. If not, on to the next target.

Don't let the facts get in the way of a good story

What's going to get the O"Rourke deal done?
probably only O'Rourke himself.

Says he wants our of GWS because he isn't getting a chance to play. The two clubs showing interest are Hawks and Saints.

From O'Rourke's perspective, he is a better chance to get games at Saints, at least in the short term. But his manager also mentioned, he was looking at where he could "develop". Where better to develop than Hawthorn????

From GWS perspective, they want a "first round pick".....so hardly any difference between Saints and Hawthorn because they aren't giving up Pick 1 and then we have 1 pick before them in every other round. We have 18, they have 19.

So i think it is all up to O'Rourke.

Question is: "is O'Rourke worth pick 18?" Was taken pick 2 two years ago, but hasn't developed and injury prone.

I

Says he wants our of GWS because he isn't getting a chance to play. The two clubs showing interest are Hawks and Saints.

From O'Rourke's perspective, he is a better chance to get games at Saints, at least in the short term. But his manager also mentioned, he was looking at where he could "develop". Where better to develop than Hawthorn????

From GWS perspective, they want a "first round pick".....so hardly any difference between Saints and Hawthorn because they aren't giving up Pick 1 and then we have 1 pick before them in every other round. We have 18, they have 19.

Question is: "is O'Rourke worth pick 18?" Was taken pick 2 two years ago, but hasn't developed and injury prone.
I thought N Melbourne were in the race to

What's going to get the O"Rourke deal done?
First rounder will get the conversation started. They'll ask for our first and a player.

Hope we tell em to get f#?!d if that's the case.

Realistically I think he's worth either our first by itself, or our second and a fringe players like Feta maybe Lowden.

He's done nothing as of yet to suggest he's worth anything close to the pick he was taken at in the draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pick 19*, Melbourne's compo will come before our first pick. It'll take more than 19, and obviously so. Would you have traded Hodge for pick 17 two years into his career?

Pick 19*, Melbourne's compo will come before our first pick. It'll take more than 19, and obviously so. Would you have traded Hodge for pick 17 two years into his career?
Not the same even the slightest, Hodge didn't want out, Hodge was playing regular AFL, Hawthorn weren't flooded with first round draft picks and being forced to cut their list down in size.

Last edited:
Poor comparison really. The facts of both cases don't line up at all. And the landscape has changed completely.

FWIW, i think 19 will get it done. I think him choosing St Kilda will be the bigger hurdle.

O'Rourke is who again? First round pick? Nah! Second rounder and no more. We can't lose the likes of Hallahan, Woodward or Lowden for a nobody! Prove yourself then be rewarded I say.

Really hope the O'Rourke rumours are true and the trade happens (happy to give first rounder). He sounds the exact kind of player you can't have enough of in modern football, the comparison to Hodge is a great one. Two years of injuries doesn't change the talent that had you selected in the top couple originally. Mostly, every trade we have made is gold. If the club wants him I assume they are right.

On Frawley, if a guy is a good KP defender in a rubbish team he would be phenomenal in a strong team. His speed is a major plus and in his AA year he played on all types, talls and smalls. Clarkson loves flexibility. If we don't pay overs (which I can't believe we would pay top dollar) we don't even lose anything to get him, no brainer.

Is it really fair to look at O'Rourke as a previous pick 2? He was in a compromised draft with the GWS mini draft. Crouch and O'Meara would have gone before him and Daniher probably would have as well which makes him more like a pick 5.
Of course I don't know if that changes anything...

Says he wants our of GWS because he
isn't getting a chance to play. The two clubs showing interest are Hawks and Saints.

From O'Rourke's perspective, he is a better chance to get games at Saints, at least in the short term. But his manager also mentioned, he was looking at where he could "develop". Where better to develop than

M Hawthorn????

Question is: "is O'Rourke worth pick 18?"
Was taken pick 2 two years ago, but hasn't developed and injury prone.

We have pick #1. Of course we're not offering pick #1 for him alone, but it's very likely GWS are going to throw him up as part of a package deal for pick #1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back