Retired #8: Jason Winderlich

Remove this Banner Ad

148300.jpg

So let me get this straight:
Hird 'sacked' and we hear that Howlett and Winderlich are 'looking elsewhere'
Hird confirmed 'safe' and Howlett re-signs and Winderlich is 'staying'

Well played boys. Well played. That is EXACTLY how you get rid of a coach you hate and refuse to play under..

I think it is a case of Quayle being 'right'... I have no doubt that the events did occur.. but perhaps (and I did post this earlier this week) it was more a 'public message to the EFC board'...

Now just waiting on Fletch to do the same.

My biggest concern would be scenario two (which I said on Tuesday) where the club waits for players to sign up.. members to sign up and then knifes Hird to avoid the backlash...

I am hoping, for once, we can trust the Board to do the right thing.

Good news for both clubs IMO

As I posted earlier in the week, I always thought he was worth more to you guys than he would to us. With his injuries and longetity questions, we fairly would see him as a rookie to upgrade before r01 (to make sure the bod is right and in good nick after the pre-season). For you guys, he proves more in terms of leadership and team morale, a no brainer to remain on the main list for you.

If he and Howlett have been talked round though, from your discussions I'm guessing this means they must have been given some assurances on Hird (if you're right his departure was a key reason for their consideration)

I'd still be concerned about others potentially wanting a fresh start, but thats a discussion for another day on another thread. Been a good two days for you guys, enjoy

So let me get this straight:
Hird 'sacked' and we hear that Howlett and Winderlich are 'looking elsewhere'
Hird confirmed 'safe' and Howlett re-signs and Winderlich is 'staying'

Well played boys. Well played. That is EXACTLY how you get rid of a coach you hate and refuse to play under..

I think it is a case of Quayle being 'right'... I have no doubt that the events did occur.. but perhaps (and I did post this earlier this week) it was more a 'public message to the EFC board'...
what was damos quote about caro? its hard to report when the facts change?

Good news for both clubs IMO

As I posted earlier in the week, I always thought he was worth more to you guys than he would to us. With his injuries and longetity questions, we fairly would see him as a rookie to upgrade before r01 (to make sure the bod is right and in good nick after the pre-season). For you guys, he proves more in terms of leadership and team morale, a no brainer to remain on the main list for you.

If he and Howlett have been talked round though, from your discussions I'm guessing this means they must have been given some assurances on Hird (if you're right his departure was a key reason for their consideration)

I'd still be concerned about others potentially wanting a fresh start, but thats a discussion for another day on another thread. Been a good two days for you guys, enjoy

Considering we are one week away from a 'trade deadline'.. there aren't going to be any last minute surprise 'fresh start' announcements. So what you see is what you get.

EFC playings looking for a fresh start:
Ryder (contracted, will trade or remain a Bomber)
Hardingham (delisted if he doesn't find a new home)
Jetta (mutual delisting)
EKav (contracted, will stay if no offers forthcoming)

So ummm.. yeah I'm not too concerned to be honest. Had it not been for the Board based 'Hird sacking' decision last week.. and Bomber Thompson making a goose of himself at the Crichton.. it would have been a very quiet off-season. In reality we have one 'required' player looking for a fresh start.. not ideal but also not that rare..

As one could say "rumours of our death have been greatly exaggerated"

The EFC 'crisis' ended the moment the Board saw sense and retained Hird as coach.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now just waiting on Fletch to do the same.

My biggest concern would be scenario two (which I said on Tuesday) where the club waits for players to sign up.. members to sign up and then knifes Hird to avoid the backlash...

I am hoping, for once, we can trust the Board to do the right thing.

If the board has given any player any level of assurance of Hird, then change their mind and axe him post list submissions, I think its safe to say the board has officially lost the plot

I'm inclined to guess its set in stone now, but given everything that has happened in the last two weeks, I'm reluctant to bet my right ball on the sun setting in the west right now :D

I think you'll find that there isn't a single player at Essendon who hates Bomber.

Not one.

Considering we are one week away from a 'trade deadline'.. there aren't going to be any last minute surprise 'fresh start' announcements. So what you see is what you get.

EFC playings looking for a fresh start:
Ryder (contracted, will trade or remain a Bomber)
Hardingham (delisted if he doesn't find a new home)
Jetta (mutual delisting)
EKav (contracted, will stay if no offers forthcoming)

So ummm.. yeah I'm not too concerned to be honest. Had it not been for the Board based 'Hird sacking' decision last week.. and Bomber Thompson making a goose of himself at the Crichton.. it would have been a very quiet off-season. In reality we have one 'required' player looking for a fresh start.. not ideal but also not that rare..

As one could say "rumours of our death have been greatly exaggerated"

The EFC 'crisis' ended the moment the Board saw sense and retained Hird as coach.

As mentioned, I don't wont to derail the thread, its a good day for you guys. Also 100% agree on the death of the club claim - even if you lost 5-6 players the talk of relocations, mergers with Melbourne, or being Norfificated are massively overblown.

what was damos quote about caro? its hard to report when the facts change?
I think a couple of us posted at the time that it seemed 'highly suspicious'.. smelt like a 'planted story' from the beginning.. same with the Howlett tweets etc..

I hate Caro as much as anyone.. but in this case I do think she was sold up the river... I have no doubt that Hird was told he was gone and the AFL was told he was gone.. and probably Thompson as well.. in fact I seriously think that Thompson was told he would be installed as coach when he returned from Holidays..

So I don't agree that she should have reported 'Hird Sacked'.. but as we saw with the McCartney thing today.. how often does a coach end up 'not sacked' after the jungle drums start??? So she went early and ended up with egg on her face. Mainly because she continues to under-estimate (as did our Board) how much love and support Hird has from the players and members.

By the same token.. if Hird is fired on Monday.. then I equally have no doubt that right now Howlett and Winders are both looking for new homes still.. along with a couple of others.

I think you'll find that there isn't a single player at Essendon who hates Bomber.

Not one.
I was being sarcastic..

Like Caro suggested that all the players 'hate' Hird.. so was being ironic.. like how maybe if Howlett and Winders hated Hird so much they wouldn't be staying..

I wasn't referring to Thompson in ANY way shape or form.. at all. Sorry you read in that way.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back