Jack Trengove to Tigerland

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Source? If that were true he wouldn't have got to a medical at Richmond and he wont be traded for a 11 pick downgrade in the first round. He'd be a 4th round pick at best. I reckon you've made that up.

I won't revel my source so believe what you want.

I really like Trenners and I hope he can fully recover.

Give us pick 12 for Ryder. If his body is good thats a steal for richmond.
Get your legalese to look at your penalties.
You should be entitled to 13 and not 21 for Ryder.
They've said that your pick has been moved to the end of the first round. That is not correct. Pick 13 exists but you are not allowed to "exercise" it. Pick 20 is a grant.
Atm they are basing your compo pick on a grant and not on your actual first rounder. That is not the correct thing to do.

The question is if Ryder had left last year would have they based it on your third rounder as you weren't allowed to exercise your first two picks? Doubt it.

http://www.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL Tenant/AFL/Files/AFL-Chairman-statement-27-August-13.pdf

Last edited:
And as usual threads degenerate into garbage slanging matches between supporters from both teams.

Not really keen on this trade at all. I wish I had the ability to see the future to see if this would be advantageous for us, but it just feels like we're banking on drafting/luring some big fish and as a result, shooting ourselves in the foot a bit. Trengove is at his lowest point in terms of value, seems bizarre to not even give him a year post injury to see what he can actually do.

I can see how Richmond supporters would be really wary of this too - a bloke who's not shown a lot in the last few years for your top draft pick (especially considering you need to continue to draft quality youngsters) - would definitely make me a bit nervous to say the least.

Good deal for Melbourne. If you base it off what he has done in his career and not what number he went in the draft it's a very good upgrade for them. He is just **** on a bull imo and not a player I would want on my list. Seems like a poor man's Sam Gibson or Brent Stanton to me

Good deal for Melbourne. If you base it off what he has done in his career and not what number he went in the draft it's a very good upgrade for them. He is just **** on a bull imo and not a player I would want on my list. Seems like a poor man's Sam Gibson or Brent Stanton to me
His development has been stalled by injury, taking on too much too young (leadership terms) and a club which has a poor recent record for developing first round picks.

Change of scenery and more support could see him flourish, could well be a win-win trade.

The point is you think you're streets ahead. You're not. If you were, Ricky Petterd wouldn't be a regular. I'd rather be shit and get access to quality talent than be mediocre and get access to Conca
But for the last 6 years you have had access to the best tallent and over and over you have messed it up.
Drafting, coach appointments, captain appoitments....all terrible decisions.

His development has been stalled by injury, taking on too much too young (leadership terms) and a club which has a poor recent record for developing first round picks.

Change of scenery and more support could see him flourish, could well be a win-win trade.

Yeah could end up working out well if he lives up to the hype. For what Richmond are offering it can't back fire too badly so may be worth a throw at the stumps. I wouldn't be thrilled about having him on my list still though

Foot injuries do tend to slow you down, especially when you try to play through them.

He's also a good kick and no his foot isn't stuffed.

Foot injuries (especially Navicular) are horrible things and it's obviously given him some trouble for the past two years. Croad and Egan never made it back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watts, Blease, Cook, Scully, Toumpas and an injury plauged "saviour" Hogan.........
Who is the recruiting manager at the Deamons?

That era is long gone. And Toumpas has nothing to do with that list. Goes to show how much you know about the team.

And lets not point fingers about drafting. Tigers have managed to royally **** up plenty of picks.

That era is long gone. And Toumpas has nothing to do with that list. Goes to show how much you know about the team.

And lets not point fingers about drafting. Tigers have managed to royally **** up plenty of picks.
Era long gone?
Watts is the oldest out of those players at he was drafted in 08?
That's not long ago.
We have nailed our top picks since Jack in 06.
06 Riewoldt
07 Cotchin
08 Vickery-I'm a fan
09 Martin.....you passed on twice.......
10 Conca
11 Ellis
12 Vlaustin

Only Conca and Vickery are yet to really dominated...Vlaustin is still young but will most likely be our next captain.
Reiwoldt, Cotchin, Ellis and Martin have all be All Australians or made the squad

Yes but only for a second rounder tops, maybe a player trade (Lyons, Kerridge etc.). Injury would be a major risk.
he's what? 21/22?
not sure it was debilitating.
former pick 2 who is a pretty decent midfielder.
Added to the likes of Danger, Sloane, Crouchy's, Thomson, Van Berlo, Douglas, cracking midfield.

he's what? 21/22?
not sure it was debilitating.
former pick 2 who is a pretty decent midfielder.
Added to the likes of Danger, Sloane, Crouchy's, Thomson, Van Berlo, Douglas, cracking midfield.
If it came off sure we'd look like geniuses but if he were to never get back to his best that would really hurt us given our sanctions.

If it came off sure we'd look like geniuses but if he were to never get back to his best that would really hurt us given our sanctions.
risky. but he'd be high reward if it comes off.
He looked like the perfect feeder for outside class (i.e Scully).
Tackles hard, clean hands under pressure. Surprised he didn't go before Scully (not that it mattered).

pick 10 is a massive price though. Durdin is likely to be there at 10, and another tall forward at the crows would be quite handy.

a

Yeah...talk is the Tigers have pick 12 on offer o_O
Pick for Trengove and pick 23 is the deal and has been agreed upon I belie and just waiting for Trengove to decide if he wants to move clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back