Speculation Jack Martin

Remove this Banner Ad

Kreuuuzeurns

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 25, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Some reported interest from a few clubs as Carlton look towards Hayward and other similar forwards.

OOC, 29yo, AFL quality and a match winner at his best but obviously has his trouble with injury and fitness. Has not played more than 15 games in a season in his time at Carlton.

Can’t imagine he’d be worth too much if anything in a trade. Any takers?

He is a very good player when fit. It just hasn’t happened enough.

Would WCE be interested in this transition period? He is from WA and would be quite cheap especially if it gets him home.
Would think he is too old and had never shown any leadership ability so they shouldn't want him even as a freebie.

On SM-A125F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I would be vaguely interested if he's basically free and the contract is back down at reasonable rates. Seems like him moving on might a big part of the Hayward pick-up

I would think you’re right, seems like we may be moving on a few of our injury prone guys if we can replace them with free agents or low pick/cost type trades. We can’t keep carrying all the talented but injured guys as it’s testing our depth year after year. Martin will likely be gone if we secure Hayward. His contract was very heavily front-ended from what has been reported.

Some reported interest from a few clubs as Carlton look towards Hayward and other similar forwards.

OOC, 29yo, AFL quality and a match winner at his best but obviously has his trouble with injury and fitness. Has not played more than 15 games in a season in his time at Carlton.

Delisted Free Agent if anything

Always been injured mainly with soft tissue stuff and will be 30 years old in january
managed just 148 games in 11 seasons . Soft tissue injuries will get even more common and would doubt he ever gets to 200 games.

Maybe good for a team in a premiership window as depth

Anyone word what clubs are into him?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I bet several would be willing to look at him for the trade that Carlton obtained him on. West Coast could just take him in the PSD.... but how many would be willing to trade for him. OOC Whats he worth on trade .. an R2 pick to help with the Campo twins?

A pick within the first two rounds? Carlton couldn’t move him on quick enough for that price.

I think a club like Melbourne or Port will take a swing for a pick upgrade. I don’t think he will be DFA, Carlton will more than likely offer him a contract.

He won’t be delisted but if you offer him a significantly better deal than what Carlton offer he’ll be functionally free.

Could he be thrown behind the ball? There is often something magic about turning injury prone player into a less injury prone player with a switch to defence

Jack Martin is a gun - unfortunately for him his body let's him down.

DFA, but that won't happen. Someone will take a punt on him. Trade value is zero. Swap of picks in the 3 digits.

Definitely worth the punt. Would happily have him at Collingwood. You get him fit for a season and you have a match winner.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back