Jack Trengove to Tigerland

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Roos said he wouldn't do that for Dangerfield, why would he do it for Beams?

This goes against everything Roos has said since he got here, I call bullshit.
Beams is what you need.
Melbourne needs to take risks and in a round about way trading pick 2&3 for a star is less of a risk than drafting unproven kids?

Needed a reason to push me to cancel my recurring payment for my membership and this is it. Guy sticks around through the shit years and we're prepared to trade him away. This is half the reason we're in the shit anyway, ditching blokes before their time just for draft picks. No loyalty from the club to even consider it. Feel sorry that Jack even has to get put in this position.

Beams is what you need.
Melbourne needs to take risks and in a round about way trading pick 2&3 for a star is less of a risk than drafting unproven kids?

Beams wants Brisbane, we aren't Brisbane.

Also 2 and 3 is massive overpay for Beams.

He's a number 2 draft pick (and former captain!) with 5 years in the system and his best football ahead of him. It's only daylight robbery in the event that his foot is truly stuffed, and if that's the case then I'm not sure why Richmond would be so happy to make this trade.

It may well be right that he isn't worth pick 12 to other clubs, but we're a club in need of ready-to-go midfielders, not speculative draft picks! If he was playing at another club, he's exactly the kind of player that we'd be looking to trade into the club right now. We need him much more than we need pick 12. If there isn't something more to this trade than what's been reported (as I said, that we're looking to trade in another player or that we're confident his foot is truly stuffed) then I - and all other Melbourne supporters - will be seriously pissed off if it goes through.
O'rourke was a top 2 pick, and he got traded for pick 19. Trengove has lost a heap of value. His injuries have played a big part, but he's also slow and isn't a great kick. Still has time to be a gun, but pick 12 is overs for him IMO.

O'rourke was a top 2 pick, and he got traded for pick 19. Trengove has lost a heap of value. His injuries have played a big part, but he's also slow and isn't a great kick. Still has time to be a gun, but pick 12 is overs for him IMO.
Pick 12 is a bit overs but getting pick 23 back in a even draft helps

Not happy with sending 23 over as well but maybe 12 to be used on Gaff? Or 3 and 12 on a jet? Got a feeling trade week is only just warming up!

For most clubs, you might be right. I'm not qualified to debate Trengove's worth on the open market. In Fremantle's case, for example, I don't think it'd be in your interests to trade 12 for a player like Trengove given you already have many mids of a much higher quality. But having said that, value is relative to need. And we need a player like Trengove more than we need pick 12.

He's an overrated player who is over hyped due to the #2 pick and crazy Neeld's captaincy appointment.

Any unbiased MFC supporter with a pair of eyes will tell you he's very vanilla.

If Roos and Taylor have something planned be it trade wise or draft wise with pick 12, id happily pull the trigger.

As much as I like Trengove I don't think he has an ideal position or attributes that see him being a top player. More just part of a team and able to play forward, wing and in the middle. Good tackle, hard at it (without being great at clearances), good endurance, solid overhead.

But I'm not taking an 11 pick upgrade unless it comes with a very good player to trade for on the end.

We need depth and we need loyal committed players. I'd rather trade him for 2 pick 30's and use one for a replacement and another in the draft.

We are in a position where we should be aiming for more depth and trying to boost our list that way rather than giving up 2 assets for a pick that isn't really that much better.

Dees are stocking up on picks to potentially give to GWS so they can facilitate the griffen trade. Hopefully its something like pick 3 for Shiel or Greene etc

Good deal for the Tigers if true but not sure he's what they need. Bit of a fall from grace for Trengove (even though he didn't request the trade), no.2 draft pick and captain at a very very young age to be traded for a minor pick upgrade.
I would be disgusted if this trade goes through... The sub par medical care and poor player development at the dees are to blame for the halt in Trengove's career... If they make this trade, then they can get ****!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im not sure what to think of this so im on the fence about it, If we take the deal tho tells me Melb dont think he can make it into a good football player cause if they did no way would we make that trade just for a 11 pick upgrade unless we have something else in mind.

Not happy with sending 23 over as well but maybe 12 to be used on Gaff? Or 3 and 12 on a jet? Got a feeling trade week is only just warming up!

You'd be paying a lot more than 12 for Gaff I am afraid. Anyway he aint going anywhere

At 12 alone Id say no, but with pick 23 coming back I think its a good get if it happens, shoukd still be able to snag another good mid at 23 and if Trengove can stay fit we will get a bit out of him. A tag wouldnt go near him with guys like Martin, Cotch, Deledio and Ellis in the side. Would carry a lot less load than he did at the Dees, wouldnt need to be in the leadership group either.

Im not sure what to think of this so im on the fence about it, If we take the deal tho tells me Melb dont think he can make it into a good football player cause if they did no way would we make that trade just for a 11 pick upgrade unless we have something else in mind.
I'm guessing you have something else in the pipeline like trading pick 3 and 12 for another player?

Round 9 was enjoyable
I'm glad one win brings a smile to your face....
When a team wins 10 games in 3 years compared to a team that won 9 in a row.....every little win counts I suppose.....
Keep your chin up buddy. One day your club will work out that you need to actually take the best kid available at the draft.

It's sad but he's foot isn't responding well, the club is worried that he'll never recover :(
Source? If that were true he wouldn't have got to a medical at Richmond and he wont be traded for a 11 pick downgrade in the first round. He'd be a 4th round pick at best. I reckon you've made that up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back