HDFL PreSeason 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Heard yesterday that Barnes isn't over the line to be going to North. Has put a price tag of $1,800 per week and this is out of Norths Budget. Who would pay this money?

Rumors are strong around the local footy scene that Nth Bendigo seem to be in a bit of bother with finances,

But I guess these rumors start with all the high end talent they accumulated last season.

It really dose make people wonder how they can afford and be sustainable the amount of player wages they be putting out each Saturday.

But after getting close to a premiership twice now clubs and committees do tend to make rash decisions.

Mounts recruiting rumours very quiet.... thoughts?!

Also what are Huntly up to? #LostCause

Huntly appointed Jamie Hogan as Coach, after spending 10 years at Golden Square coaching the u/18 and reserves,

You would think he be able to drag a few from square with him to the Hawks.

Be interesting moves in the HDFNL in next few months as do the clubs like white hills and Huntly just tread water or do they break the bank to catch up to the big spending North Bendigo.

Huntly appointed Jamie Hogan as Coach, after spending 10 years at Golden Square coaching the u/18 and reserves,

You would think he be able to drag a few from square with him to the Hawks.

Be interesting moves in the HDFNL in next few months as do the clubs like white hills and Huntly just tread water or do they break the bank to catch up to the big spending North Bendigo.
Wouldn't have thought he would have great pulling power just because he has coached Golden Square U18's for 8 years, he coached Huntly U17's for 7 and they were never any good during that period. Square have a super successful junior program, Huntly couldn't field sides in U17's or U16's. Good luck Jamie

Wouldn't have thought he would have great pulling power just because he has coached Golden Square U18's for 8 years, he coached Huntly U17's for 7 and they were never any good during that period. Square have a super successful junior program, Huntly couldn't field sides in U17's or U16's. Good luck Jamie

I thought he Coached Huntly Under 17's to a Premiership before he went to Golden Square. I think he will go decent enough theyve got a decent core so if he can pull a few handy ones and keep most they will be a chance to play finals.

Seems to be a comparison with the AFL and even our poxy levels of district football. Loyalty becoming a thing of the past, dollars demanding where blokes can and will go, players blaming coaches for their own inefficiencies, and in some cases playing groups even having coaches removed.

It's always the coaches fault .... now I'm only 38 but not so long ago players would cop whatever the coach thru at them because afterall a coaches job is to fix the errors, and improve the shortfalls. Being able to handle constructive criticism or being questioned surely is (or was) part of the gig - especially from your leaders.

Some relationships don't work I know that - but (especially) at our level unless you train every night, do the extra stuff, do the right thing from Thursday night until the end of gameday, then players blaming coaches and committee's is weak as Pi$$

The stuff players can do well, we as coaches take for granted ..... but sadly it seems modern day footballers are wired completely differently these days and when it gets hard, or the finger comes in your direction its easier to walk away :(

I thought he Coached Huntly Under 17's to a Premiership before he went to Golden Square. I think he will go decent enough theyve got a decent core so if he can pull a few handy ones and keep most they will be a chance to play finals.
Pretty respected bloke at Square and with the dynasty seemingly over for now and still obviously a lot of talent being kept out of the senior team, don't be surprised if he gets a few blokes out there

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rumors are strong around the local footy scene that Nth Bendigo seem to be in a bit of bother with finances,

But I guess these rumors start with all the high end talent they accumulated last season.

It really dose make people wonder how they can afford and be sustainable the amount of player wages they be putting out each Saturday.

But after getting close to a premiership twice now clubs and committees do tend to make rash decisions.

I'll put it out there but player payments will be around $13K a week ($235K) for 2015.
I'm not on the committee but if some lame ar5e gets on here and tells me they are all playing for next to nothing ( inferring free) you know who is right and wrong. "He is mates with the core playing group so playing for less.
Just work out the core group they already have and what you think they would have been getting at a BFL and now NCFL club. They wont leave to get less money so increase this say $100-$400 a game. Go through the GF team and it adds up pretty quick. Recruits get it to another level for next year.

I'll put it out there but player payments will be around $13K a week ($235K) for 2015.
I'm not on the committee but if some lame ar5e gets on here and tells me they are all playing for next to nothing ( inferring free) you know who is right and wrong. "He is mates with the core playing group so playing for less.
Just work out the core group they already have and what you think they would have been getting at a BFL and now NCFL club. They wont leave to get less money so increase this say $100-$400 a game. Go through the GF team and it adds up pretty quick. Recruits get it to another level for next year.

I see you are on here talking a different version of bullshit to that on the GVFL forum. Where have you been mate because where would the rest of us be without your genius?

Seems to be a comparison with the AFL and even our poxy levels of district football. Loyalty becoming a thing of the past, dollars demanding where blokes can and will go, players blaming coaches for their own inefficiencies, and in some cases playing groups even having coaches removed.

It's always the coaches fault .... now I'm only 38 but not so long ago players would cop whatever the coach thru at them because afterall a coaches job is to fix the errors, and improve the shortfalls. Being able to handle constructive criticism or being questioned surely is (or was) part of the gig - especially from your leaders.

Some relationships don't work I know that - but (especially) at our level unless you train every night, do the extra stuff, do the right thing from Thursday night until the end of gameday, then players blaming coaches and committee's is weak as Pi$$

The stuff players can do well, we as coaches take for granted ..... but sadly it seems modern day footballers are wired completely differently these days and when it gets hard, or the finger comes in your direction its easier to walk away :(

Ryan Griffen says hello!

Spoke with a fella who has been involved with North for past three years, he said they didn't even have pies at the last game because they hadn't paid for the pies. The directive from the top was pay the players and don't worry about everyone else. His understanding is 10k per game in player payments this year and that has risen to 13k for 2015. Be an interesting annual report to have a look at. Supposed 27k loss 2013 and this year will be closer to 40k. Its all very well to make a loss as long as you have money in the bank to cover the shortfall. If you don't have money in the bank to cover the shortfall you really are playing a dangerous game

Spoke with a fella who has been involved with North for past three years, he said they didn't even have pies at the last game because they hadn't paid for the pies. The directive from the top was pay the players and don't worry about everyone else. His understanding is 10k per game in player payments this year and that has risen to 13k for 2015. Be an interesting annual report to have a look at. Supposed 27k loss 2013 and this year will be closer to 40k. Its all very well to make a loss as long as you have money in the bank to cover the shortfall. If you don't have money in the bank to cover the shortfall you really are playing a dangerous game

Haha this is laughable! Is your source Caroline Wilson? Feel free to pm me and I'll fill you in champ and let you know if your source has any credibility.

I remember eating several pies each week at the north games. Maybe cause we were winning we had good crowds and people were buying pies so they ran out! Some of these comments on here absolutely crack me up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back