Premier League Greatest Ever Players List

Who do you think is the Greatest Premier League Player Ever?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

You need to read my first line carefully, too, whoosh

He was responsible for 80% of our goals in either assist or goal for the first half of last season, to some ridiculous degree, and he was carrying the whole side the season before when he had even less of a support cast, but anyhow, people have already made their own minds up, facts don't matter

Yeah nah, just another player playing in another great side. Wasnt prolific in front of goal either. But Cantona has managed to build up this revere from fans, I think mainly from that one goal celebration where he scores an excellent goal and just turns and looks around. He was Zlatan before Zlatan.

He shouldnt be that high though. Probably around 20th.

jaguars-fan-gif.gif

Ronaldo had 3 amazing seasons and you could make a case that he deserves it based on being the only PL player to win the Ballon d'Or (2008) but Suarez only had 2 outstanding seasons in England (which for mine, doesn't put him in the top bracket of greatest ever PL players).
I knew somebody had said that but I didnt fact check.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just you then. PFA voted Bale better one season. Since then Suarez has upped his level to super beast mode. Suarez is easily the better player. Everybody knows this. Stop trolling bro.

Bale has won PFA award twice. Suarez has never won an award over Bale while in the same league.

So me, the PFA guys and the dude who voted Bale in this thread. Yeah I'm sure its just us. Oh and Real Madrid who rejected Suarez for Bale.

Bale has won PFA award twice. Suarez has never won an award over Bale while in the same league.

So me the PFA guys and the dude who voted Bale in this thread. I'm sure its just us.
Did he win a young player award which is anyone like 27 and under lol.

As I said, Bale won one award which was highly debated at the time. Since then Bale is still the same bloke. Suarez kicked on several more levels approaching Ronaldo/Messi levels.

But good for you and your opinion :)

Did he win a young player award which is anyone like 27 and under lol.

As I said, Bale won one award which was highly debated at the time. Since then Bale is still the same bloke. Suarez kicked on several more levels approaching Ronaldo/Messi levels.

But good for you and your opinion :)

Its not my opinion that he won 2 PFA player of the year while Suarez was in the league.

Bale is still the same bloke? Lol he scored the winning goals in the CdR and Champions League final.

Oh and according to Wikipedia he did??

Derp! I forgot he was still at United in 2008.

But yes Owen did win it as well.

Henry should have won it in 2003 or 2004 but was cheated out of it by UEFA bias against English clubs.

32 goals 24 assists then 39 goals 14 assists

I'd take Suarez over Bale, but to suggest Bale was not outstanding in his last season at Spurs is absolutely ludicrous. He scored 21 goals from the wing/midfield. That isn't exactly easy to do.

He was carrying them like Suarez was Liverpool. You take both of them out and both sides would have had much poorer seasons.

And Suarez of last season is nearly on the level of Henry, for some seasons anyway.

Henry's numbers are ridiculous

99/00 - 17 goals, 9 assists
00/01 - 17 goals 3 assists
01/02 - 24 goals 5 assists
02/03 - 24 goals 23 assists
03/04 - 30 goals 9 assists
04/05 - 25 goals 15 assists
05/06 - 27 goals 7 assists
06/07 - 10 goals 6 assits

The 02/03 season is just incredible numbers wise.

Yeah nah, just another player playing in another great side. Wasnt prolific in front of goal either. But Cantona has managed to build up this revere from fans, I think mainly from that one goal celebration where he scores an excellent goal and just turns and looks around. He was Zlatan before Zlatan.

He shouldnt be that high though. Probably around 20th.

Cantona was a winner, he scored big goals and he made those around him play like champions. As good as Suarez was he's not a winner, and I'm not just talking about trophies.

Henry has to be the best though, what he did was just unbelievable, Ronaldo was arguably on his level at one stage, as was Suarez possibly, but they didn't stick around long enough to definitively stake a case that they deserve to be ahead of him IMO.

There's nothing at all even remotely unreasonable about that FFS, I'm not saying he's a better player I'm disputing jod saying he was part of a great team, when anyone associated with the team will confirm that he was what made that team great. Cantona had a winning mentality like Keane did, he lifted those around him and was what made his team a winning team.

Suarez' season is better than anything Eric produced but he was not a leader and he didn't have the heart and love for the team that Cantona did, that's not comparing them as players but IMO that's the reason he's rated higher on this list.

Back