Player Watch Levi Greenwood (Retired 2021)

Remove this Banner Ad

100212-nb_-spirits-scotch-glass.jpg
I like your quote at the bottom Demonalke
Levi Greenwood, this is dizzy stuff folks!

Greenwood was spawned and raised in bay 13. He would've been at the pies if it weren't for the thugs in the scallop industry.
Well, he is just a fat kid from Mordialloc High School, too busy rolling fat cigarettes and being a Nickelback liker. Luckily someone handed him a business card - the address was the Netherlands.

I've just been watching anything I can find of him on North's YouTube channel.

He's very similar to Beams imo except he runs both ways and is less polished.
He also has the 'jam it on the boot around the body out of clearances' kick that Beams possess'.
Yeah second sentence sums it up extremely well.

Best of luck to you guys for picking him up. Hope he goes well for you.

I'm hurting that he's leaving North. My young kids are hurting - they way he played his football was one of the main reasons they got into it and really enjoyed their footy this year. When we had our big win over Fremantle over here about round 6, two players came out and spoke to the Perth-based supporters after the game - Levi and Aaron Black. My kids never forgot it.

But it shits me how some people at our club suddenly hate the guy and have no time for him anymore. s**t we all make big decisions, get some right, some wrong. Who knows whether he has made the right decision or not? He's still the same bloke beneath it all.

I've just been watching anything I can find of him on North's YouTube channel.

He's very similar to Beams imo except he runs both ways and is less polished.
He also has the 'jam it on the boot around the body out of clearances' kick that Beams possess'.

Agree - Bit I seen his is a Real Hard-Nut that tries to be in everything. Kicking is not a Strength but he just wants the Ball keep going forward towards the Goal and will do anything to help the Team out

But it shits me how some people at our club suddenly hate the guy and have no time for him anymore...
Same here, suddenly some of our fans have discovered Beams is a one-way hack. I think North has plenty of grunt, and felt they needed some polish (which explains Higgins, he's class) and/or flair (which explains Waite, he's made of arse).

Do you take any pleasure in the ex-North blokes? I always keep a soft spot, even if they left in complicated circumstances like Mal Michael.

Same here, suddenly some of our fans have discovered Beams is a one-way hack. I think North has plenty of grunt, and felt they needed some polish (which explains Higgins, he's class) and/or flair (which explains Waite, he's made of arse).

Do you take any pleasure in the ex-North blokes? I always keep a soft spot, even if they left in complicated circumstances like Mal Michael.

All teams do that when they lose a very good player. The player you loved now is someone that most fans Hate and they start looking for hole's in Players that they never looked at before

I never really liked Mal at Collingwood, and especially not afterwards especially in 2 grand finals afterwards

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Always had time for Hamish McIntosh as a player and bloke. He constantly struggled with injuries and that's how it's continued for him at Geelong. Class player though.

But he and Goldstein could never manage to work it out when they were on the park together. Goldy has really gone from strength to strength as the sole no 1 ruckman at North. He has his critics at the club (believe it or not) but a better tap ruckman you will struggle to see. Sure, he is no Gary Dempsey in terms of marking capacity but he sure does bleed blue and white, does Todd.

And big Hamish has stayed a top bloke. As I believe has David Hale. Some people have a major problem with Josh Gibson since he joined Hawthorn but I'm buggered if I know.

But as for ex-North blokes really carving it up for other clubs, struggling to think of too many. Maybe Levi is your man. And as I was saying, if he can keep it going on this year's form, good luck to him and to you blokes a far as I'm concerned.

Higgins, yeah, as one of your posters said, class player - no one who has seriously watched AFL could deny that. If he can stay on the park could give us a real extra dimension.

I really liked his enthusiasm today

Remove this Banner Ad

Back