Review Best GF Commentary

Remove this Banner Ad

For those of you who have listened to every commentary of the game, what was your favourite? For me;

Best: AFL Live - Rex Hunt, Billy Brownless - Rex called it beautifully. Went off Rex for a few years but it's clearly the best.

2nd Best - ABC - Tayg Kennelly and Mark McLure and Nathan Buckley - Second best because Kennelly is so pro Sydney it makes you laugh, especially considering Sellers tipped Hawthorn comfortably.

= 3rd Best - MMM - James Brayshaw, Garry Lyon - Always exciting to listen to, especially with Garry questioning Sydney for most of the game.

= 3rd - Channel 7 - Bruce and Dennis, Lethal, Harley, Tim Watson - Called a great game. Spent more time celebrate us than lamenting them.

= 5th - 3AW - Tony Shaw, Mathew Llyoyd, BT - Plenty of great comments from Lloydy. Lucky not to be second but was a great call.

6th - KRock - Mark Neeld, Tim McGrath - Boring as *.

Last - NIRS - Gilbert McAdam and Chris Johnson - Still a classic but they were forever and the day tipping Sydney to come back. Out of all the commentaries, I reckon this is the one that gave us the least credit, even though they gave us plenty.

Anyone uploaded the game to youtube with these commentaries dubbed over the footage? Haven't bought the premiership DVD or Victory pack yet as I've heard the footage quality is s**t and some disks glitch in the 3rd quarter. Have the channel 7 recording on my Foxtel IQ.

Really enjoyed the triple M dub of the 2013 PF that someone uploaded to youtube in HD.

For those of you who have listened to every commentary of the game, what was your favourite? For me;

Best: AFL Live - Rex Hunt, Billy Brownless - Rex called it beautifully. Went off Rex for a few years but it's clearly the best.

2nd Best - ABC - Tayg Kennelly and Mark McLure and Nathan Buckley - Second best because Kennelly is so pro Sydney it makes you laugh, especially considering Sellers tipped Hawthorn comfortably.

= 3rd Best - MMM - James Brayshaw, Garry Lyon - Always exciting to listen to, especially with Garry questioning Sydney for most of the game.

= 3rd - Channel 7 - Bruce and Dennis, Lethal, Harley, Tim Watson - Called a great game. Spent more time celebrate us than lamenting them.

= 5th - 3AW - Tony Shaw, Mathew Llyoyd, BT - Plenty of great comments from Lloydy. Lucky not to be second but was a great call.

6th - KRock - Mark Neeld, Tim McGrath - Boring as ****.

Last - NIRS - Gilbert McAdam and Chris Johnson - Still a classic but they were forever and the day tipping Sydney to come back. Out of all the commentaries, I reckon this is the one that gave us the least credit, even though they gave us plenty.

Where abouts is the Rex commentary available Amos?

Funny how all of your favourite commentary games are all games where Hawthorn have emerged as the victor. Biased anyone?

In all seriousness channel 7's commentary was good in this years grand final.

Funny how all of your favourite commentary games are all games where Hawthorn have emerged as the victor. Biased anyone?

It was, surprisingly. I've been s**t-canning Channel 7 all year - but the GF was certainly one of their better efforts.

What was 3AW thinking though!?!? I'm all for equal opportunity employment and all, but surely if you're thinking about giving a lobotomy patient a mic, you give him a trial first..? That was terrible.

6253294221_204f337d9b.jpg

Don't throw stones when you live in a glass house. You guys have constantly criticized Sydney for abusing the rules but you have done the same thing with Frawley. You aren't exactly in a position to criticize anyone

#justsayinmate

Don't throw stones when you live in a glass house. You guys have constantly criticized Sydney for abusing the rules but you have done the same thing with Frawley. You aren't exactly in a position to criticize anyone

#justsayinmate
Yeah, fair call, we wouldn't have been able to attract him without our extra 9.8% salary cap over the other 17 teams
:rolleyes:

Don't throw stones when you live in a glass house. They have more AFL flags than you do.

#justsayin
Troll post on Port thread

Don't throw stones when you live in a glass house. Your club has achieved nothing of significance since 1995 and yet your fans still bleat and sling crap at other teams. Even though your team has done nothing.

#thetruthhurts
Troll post on Blues thread.

You seem to have an obsession with this particular cliche. Did you learn it at kindy today, little fella?

Last edited:

#justsayinmate

Yes, all that free money from the AFL's charity in COLA & ambassadorial payments give us a huge advantage over the rest of the competition. We also obviously haven't lost any good players to any rival teams.

And don't forget the soft, easy fixture ...

Idiot

:eek:

Yes, all that free money from the AFL's charity in COLA & ambassadorial payments give us a huge advantage over the rest of the competition. We also obviously haven't lost any good players to any rival teams.

And don't forget the soft, easy fixture ...

Idiot

:eek:
He's trolling on all clubs boards and the account was online created today. Going for a new world record I think!

#justsayinmate
LOL that's not even a subtle troll

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I enjoyed the Channel 7 commentary.

The pro-Sydney/anti-Hawthorn regular programming that we're used to couldn't unfold. It was a smashing and they called it as such. They couldn't even manage a "there's still time for Sydney if they're good enough" and thank f*** Bruce didn't play the "brave" card.

I guarantee if the game was closer the barracking would be unbearable to listen to.

#justsayinmate

#howstheredcarddickhead

As cringe-worthy as Bruce can be - and gee he seemed to be barracking for Geelong in the 2013 prelim - he does get on our side quite well when we're on top.

I've only watched the 7 commentary - but Lethal has some subtle little digs at Sydney despite tipping them. He's partial, he's employed by the Lions - but you can tell where his heart is.

I haven't watched entire calls but fast forwarded to the highlights with MMM, 3aw and SEN. All pretty good but actually thought Bruce called it best. He's a pro.

Triple m quite funny but too much Sydney bashing. Liked sen, dermie so smug.

Would be keen to hear the Afl live and ABC highlights but they aren't on the DVD.

Anyone uploaded the game to youtube with these commentaries dubbed over the footage? Haven't bought the premiership DVD or Victory pack yet as I've heard the footage quality is s**t and some disks glitch in the 3rd quarter. Have the channel 7 recording on my Foxtel IQ.

Really enjoyed the triple M dub of the 2013 PF that someone uploaded to youtube in HD.

Fantastic dub by HawthornHighlights - quality work. Maybe if we ask them nicely they'll dub some of the other commentaries from the 2014 GF - pretty sure they post on here.

Would love to hear the ABC call Mark Macclure loves us, he is the Peter McKenna of the 80's and early 90's.
McKenna chose to admire our skill, fight and quality, Macclure has done the same instead of carrying the pain of watching us own their clubs at key times, eg.Gerard Healy, Roos, anyone from Geelong such us Dwayne Russell and from the 08 GF cast Tom Harley and Mooney, Lingy isn't bad unless we play Geelong.

Waiting for the victory pack so have only heard the Channel 7 commentary thus far and I have to say it was rather good. Loved Leigh Matthews comment when asked what Sydney could salvage from the game...'Nothing!'
Rex hunt screams out something like "It's been a comprehensive demantalization. They've been bent over without the vas. A real sandpaper job" hahaha.

I haven't watched entire calls but fast forwarded to the highlights with MMM, 3aw and SEN. All pretty good but actually thought Bruce called it best. He's a pro.

Triple m quite funny but too much Sydney bashing. Liked sen, dermie so smug.

Would be keen to hear the Afl live and ABC highlights but they aren't on the DVD.
It rhymes with horrent, but starts with 't'. Has afl live and abc and all the rest in one Avi of the game. Watch on vlc and just change audio channel. Gold.

Buckley was deadset cheering for Hawthorn in the ABC commentary. He loves us.
It's quite the contrast to his social comment of the 08 when with channel 7. At the beginning of the third he was going along the lines of .... If the Hawks keep chipping around like this, the floodgates will open up for the Cats'. But agreed, he was great this time around. Tayg Kennelly was very annoying tho.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back