Which of your club's 2014 games are worth rewatching?

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 2 vs the Bulldogs. Seriously, put aside two and a half hours of your day and just watch it.
You're the devil. And this sentiment has nothing to do with my team losing.

round 15 - brisbane v north melbourne

probably biased but jonathan brown had just retired...lions on paper fielded about half a team with less than 50 games..were expected to show fight but lose to an experienced finals-bound north melb side.

lions players played with some ticker and showed glimpses of the future...nth melbourne fell asleep then clawed their way back...then the two side fought it out in the wet in a tense last qtr ...well-deserved tribute to a club great.

footage post-game is entertaining as well incl. brown's farewell, the whimsical fracas between rockliff-harvey-b.scott, and then scott trying his best not to implode at post-game presser

Rd 21 against hawthorn was very good footy.

Thought the semi was a very good game as well, despite the result.

R3 v Richmond - got out to a reasonably big lead, Richmond pegged it back, but we won by 2 points.
R13 v Collingwood - Everything seemed to come together, aside from letting Cloke off the chain. Exciting, fast footy.
R15 v Melbourne - a couple of moments of magic from Bontempelli, Honeychurch's debut and a tight finish.
R17 v Gold Coast - an inexperienced side belted the Suns (who admittedly were missing Ablett), with almost all of the young boys performing well.

While they weren't wins, I thought both of our games against Essendon were fantastic value - particularly the second game, which featured an 8 goal special from Jake Carlisle and a couple of Bontempelli specials.

As far as non-Footscray games go, I went along to both North Melbourne finals at the MCG and enjoyed them, but the Hawthorn-Port Adelaide preliminary final was something else. Moreso the whole experience than just the result - the Port Adelaide turnout was greater than I'd expected, and they made plenty of noise.
I was going to wrote my own post, but it would just be the same as this. All very good games.

For Freo games:
Round 1 v Collingwood - if you want to see the Pies get absolutely demoralised
Both derbies - they're always top notch hard fought games
Round 20 v Geelong - even though we lost it was epic
Round 21 v Hawks & Round 23 v Port - both finals-quality matches

for other teams:
Round 1 GWS v Sydney - everyone likes to watch Sydney lose.
Round 16 GC v Collingwood - especially for that last quarter. I've never seen a team want to win more than GC that day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the most entertaining of a mediocre season.

I can't remember too many spectacular marks this year. Understanding the evolution of our game, the imminent death of the bump & shirtfront has also impacted the spectacle. Having said that, Roughead's bump on Hannebery in this years grand final was the best highlight of the game for me.

both Carlton vs Geelong matches were great despite being at the first only whilst holidaying in Melb. I pissed myself laughing at Carlton vs Port in R22 best match I've ever seen live

Your loss and the comeback of Carlton was a greater game than all of those
No it wasn't, it was a poor game up until the last quarter. Poor skills all round.

The Adelaide game was far better.

Well there aren't many but;

St Kilda vs Freo
St Kilda vs Essendon

both teams who were being talked up as top 4 at the time of our games and 1 game was an absolute shellacking (Freo, oh so sweet) and the other saw some really good games by youngsters (Essendon).

Aaaaaand that's about it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back