Which of your club's 2014 games are worth rewatching?

Remove this Banner Ad

specq

Senior List
Aug 6, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Packers
I've finished rewatching all the Hawthorn games, but I'm still in the mood to perhaps see some games I missed during the season.

So which of your team's games from the last season are worth a rewatch?

Big comebacks, 4 quarter efforts, upsets, total dominations...

Which would you take another look at?

Collingwood vs Port Adelaide
and
Collingwood vs GWS

If its big come backs you want then none better than the EF when we kicked just 2 goals to half time then turned it on in the second half.

Roos v Tigers where we were 6 goals down at half time and then went berserk in the third as they wilted.

Roos v Port in round 3 was a great high quality for 4 quarters

Not necessarily big comebacks only.. but those are fun to watch. I'd even settle for a few "moral victories."

Just curious what other folks think.

This is a good start. Thanks.

From a neutral perspective:

Round 2 vs Carlton.
Round 3 vs bulldogs
Round 17 vs Port
Round 20 vs Bombers (I didn't see this one but it was supposedly a good game)
Round 21 vs Crows (May have been boring for the first three quarters but the tightness and context of the game made it interesting)
Round 23 vs Swans

North fans could watch the North-Richmond game over and over.

We didn't end up winning it - sadfaces from all I know - but the first half of the Eagles-Port game was absolutely ding dong stuff.

The build up and the occasion of the first Showdown was pretty special, and of course I enjoyed watching our win in the return fixture.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

v North Melbourne
v Geelong
v Collingwood
v West Coast for the last quarter

R3 v Richmond - got out to a reasonably big lead, Richmond pegged it back, but we won by 2 points.
R13 v Collingwood - Everything seemed to come together, aside from letting Cloke off the chain. Exciting, fast footy.
R15 v Melbourne - a couple of moments of magic from Bontempelli, Honeychurch's debut and a tight finish.
R17 v Gold Coast - an inexperienced side belted the Suns (who admittedly were missing Ablett), with almost all of the young boys performing well.

While they weren't wins, I thought both of our games against Essendon were fantastic value - particularly the second game, which featured an 8 goal special from Jake Carlisle and a couple of Bontempelli specials.

As far as non-Footscray games go, I went along to both North Melbourne finals at the MCG and enjoyed them, but the Hawthorn-Port Adelaide preliminary final was something else. Moreso the whole experience than just the result - the Port Adelaide turnout was greater than I'd expected, and they made plenty of noise.

Geelong/Hawthorn (second halves)
North Melbourne final
West Coast rd 21

why can't this team just play more than 2 great quarters?

Some of Norths were
Vs Port
Vs Freo
Vs Richmond
Vs Hawthorn
Vs Essendon (Final)
Vs Geelong (Final)

Round one, Freo vs Collingwood. About the perfect first game back after losing the grand final, some good some bad afterwards but not sure Freo ever really matched what they brought to rd1.

Some (read: a lot of) Port games worth watching:
Round 1 - Carlton (Fairly close game)
Round 2 - Adelaide (First showdown at Adelaide Oval - pretty special)
Round 3 - North Melbourne (One of the few games we were outworked/ outrun in the fourth quarter all year)
Round 6 - Geelong (Comfortable win - Port announces itself as contenders)
Round 8 - Fremantle (Absolute arm wrestle till the fourth quarter where Port ran away with it)
Round 10 - Hawthorn (Absolute cracker between 1 vs. 2)
Round 13 - Sydney (Close and heartbreaking loss. Buddy kicking 5 from the car park)
Round 16 - Essendon (Another close loss)
Round 22 - Carlton (Absolute crushing and amazing football when people were already ruling a line through Port's premiership tilt)
Round 23 - Fremantle (Prelude to the fantastic Semi Final)
Elimination Final - Richmond (Made a mockery of Tiger Time)
Semi Final - Fremantle (Amazing comeback - classic tale of two halves game)
Preliminary Final - Hawthorn (Do I need to explain why?)

That should keep you busy. :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back