List Mgmt. Blair Hartley Project 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
so how do you become a potential GF team?You've got me stumped there? Isn't it by pulling out the weeds and bringing in more talent to improve your list??
Sir Kenneth Hinkley did it in one season.Dimma midseason was still pulling the compromised draft furphy and he was in his fifth season:p
Excuses excuses and more excuses
Aaron Young
Alipate Carlile
Andrew Moore
Brad Ebert
Cameron O'Shea
Chad Wingard
Domenic Cassisi
Hamish Hartlett
Jackson Trengove
Jasper Pittard
Jay Schulz
John Butcher
Justin Westhoff
Kane Cornes
Matthew Broadbent
Matthew Lobbe
Paul Stewart
Robbie Gray
Tom Logan
Tom Jonas
Travis Boak

The above 21 were players on Ports list before Hinkley took over that played a part in their push for finals the last 2 years. No wonder Hinkley was able to turn Port around so quickly.

Aaron Young
Alipate Carlile
Andrew Moore
Brad Ebert
Cameron O'Shea
Chad Wingard
Domenic Cassisi
Hamish Hartlett
Jackson Trengove
Jasper Pittard
Jay Schulz
John Butcher
Justin Westhoff
Kane Cornes
Matthew Broadbent
Matthew Lobbe
Paul Stewart
Robbie Gray
Tom Logan
Tom Jonas
Travis Boak

The above 21 were players on Ports list before Hinkley took over that played a part in their push for finals the last 2 years. No wonder Hinkley was able to turn Port around so quickly.

I would not worry about it EAD...it will fly over his head :p

Aaron Young
Alipate Carlile
Andrew Moore
Brad Ebert
Cameron O'Shea
Chad Wingard
Domenic Cassisi
Hamish Hartlett
Jackson Trengove
Jasper Pittard
Jay Schulz
John Butcher
Justin Westhoff
Kane Cornes
Matthew Broadbent
Matthew Lobbe
Paul Stewart
Robbie Gray
Tom Logan
Tom Jonas
Travis Boak

And would anyone on here have traded our list at the time for their list? Absolutely not.... now look where they are and look where we are. One coach is able to bring an effective gameplan and bring the best out of a list, the other coach has NFI sorry to say. Simple as that.

And would anyone on here have traded our list at the time for their list? Absolutely not.... now look where they are and look where we are. One coach is able to bring an effective gameplan and bring the best out of a list, the other coach has NFI sorry to say. Simple as that.
I find it amazing that a coach with NFI can get a team from a 3-10 record to a 12-10 record.

The 3-10 start should be a clue
2013-2014 Coaching Records
Hinkley 49 games 29 wins 20 losses or 59.2% of his games are wins.
Hardwick 46 games 27 wins 19 losses or 58.8% of his games are wins.

If Hardwick has NFI as you suggest then it's fair to say that Hinkley doesn't have much of a clue either.

2013-2014 Coaching Records
Hinkley 49 games 29 wins 20 losses or 59.2% of his games are wins.
Hardwick 46 games 27 wins 19 losses or 58.8% of his games are wins.

If Hardwick has NFI as you suggest then it's fair to say that Hinkley doesn't have much of a clue either.

How many finals wins? The only stat that matters.

How many finals wins? The only stat that matters.
But but but...... face it Hardwick isn't as bad as you and others like to make out, if he was we wouldn't have played finals this year, it's that simple.

I think Hinkley is a better coach than Hardwick, but I also think Hinkley got kissed on the d*** with the list he took over.

Would you have said that at the time he took over at Port? They were a rabble until he got on board.
Not many would have, but it's amazing what happens when you put a coach with a clue in charge of a list that obviously had some talent given they have gone from a rabble to a genuine top 4 contender inside 2 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't like the Richmond and Dimma bashers but you can't argue that Port had a talented list and therefore Hinkley was lucky and then say Dimma is equally good....who knows what the real talent/potential lies on either lists. It's hard to evaluate. Without Dimma perhaps we are pushing for a grand final....without dimma perhaps we are missing finals....who knows. It's all speculation!! I did miss a lot of footy this year being overseas but I still see a few battlers on Ports list....it must be just me!! :(

^^ True that but finals wins earn you respect in the eyes of the football world. Our two finals appearances have left us a laughing stock.

^^ True that but finals wins earn you respect in the eyes of the football world. Our two finals appearances have left us a laughing stock.

St Kilda, Bulldogs, Essendon, Melbourne, Carlton, Gold Coast, Adelaide = current league laughing stocks

at least that's the case at my kindy

What about the article released by the club the morning after our capitulation against Norf stating we are cashed up and ready to tackle this years ( not next years ) free agency and land a big fish. That article was ridiculous on so many levels and the club should slap itself for sending that message to the fans and most of all the playing group. Quick fix bullshit on a global scale IMO .
How bout realising where we are at and building for a premiership and not to scrape into finals to appease the masses.
The article was just as funny as the Free agency thread on this board which started on page 1 talking about players like Mundy and ended on page 94 talking about Jason Winderlich a 29 year retread that has had 50 operations for his outside pace. You simply have to wonder why some of us get a bit disinchanted by the direction the club is taking . Players like that are not free if they cost us a spot for a kid on our list especially when we already have so much dead wood on our list .

You and I read two very different articles... or maybe you just read what you wanted into and didn't actually look at the content.

"I won't go into figures, but the bottom line is we've got room to recruit and we'll be active in that regard, whether it will be this year or whether it will be the end of next year, (which) was probably more the timing that we were planning for.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-06-09/tigers-go-to-market

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back