List Mgmt. Blair Hartley Project 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a question:

How would our strategy this off-season have differed if we lost 3 of the best games we won from the final 9 H&A games?

Say:

Adelaide - LOSS
Essendon - LOSS
Sydney - LOSS

Here's a question:

How would our strategy this off-season have differed if we lost 3 of the best games we won from the final 9 H&A games?

Say:

Adelaide - LOSS
Essendon - LOSS
Sydney - LOSS
Lose those 3 games and we probably end up with pick 8 in the draft. That might have been a bit more useful in attracting say Armitage or even a GWS kid wanting to come home. Then again it might not have made any difference to our trade period as it seems that we were much more inclined to stick to the draft.

Ok back on topic. Hampson is s**t let's delist him
Recruiting Hampson has set the club back two years IMO . When you make a mistake that big you lose confidence in your ability there fore Blair went missing this trade period . We should all support Blair by getting behind him and giving him our total support because everyone makes mistakes but first Blair should get Hampson off the list so we can have another pick in the draft.

Lose those 3 games and we probably end up with pick 8 in the draft. That might have been a bit more useful in attracting say Armitage or even a GWS kid wanting to come home. Then again it might not have made any difference to our trade period as it seems that we were much more inclined to stick to the draft.

I'm undecided on what is best:

1. Stick to the same long-term plan regardless of team performance
2. Have a more dynamic long-term plan according to performance

I always thought we were 1, but this year I think we were 2.

Or are we option 3: In the early phase of rebuilding stick to 1, then as your goals shift from being competitive to sustained success, employ 2.

The difference between early-rebuilding and where we are now is that our A-graders and spine are set for the next 4-5 years. This is a unique position... what is the best way to capitalise on our list profile?

I'm seeing merit in the conservative approach when considering the age of our A-graders. The last 2 years we've made modest but safe gains. I believe this year we could have found a low-risk, cheap option like a Houli, but our poor season scared them off. Are we then required to take a big risk at some point? Or should we ride the next 4 years with solid draft picks and never risk a crash?

You've got a lack of knowledge about Port Adelaide, give it a rest. You ask me how I speak for "most" when you said "most said Port had a good list". Very few football supporters said that, the media didn't say that, supposed football experts weren't saying that and many (yes many) of their own supporters thought it would take a number of years to rebuild. If you don't believe me then you can go and view their forum and what was being said in those times. They were a rabble on field and off before Hinkley took over. They went from getting smashed most weeks, losing to GWS to getting within a few kicks of a Prelim in 2013. In 2014 they were one kick away from playing in the big one.

Who said Hinkley was the only applicant? When you make things up or try to twist words it makes you look bad. I repeat, if everyone knew how good Port could become in basically no time then a number of good coaches would have jumped at the chance to have a crack over there. Instead they had Terry Wallace offering his services and a stack of untried coaches (which Ken was at the time). Never said Hinks was the only applicant. You've got issues if you think Koch walked in and decided who was going to be coach. They did have a process and selection panel. Are you Port's financial adviser? How do you know they're spending money they don't have :D

Where the hell have you pulled this from? What's with this "rocks in your head" rubbish. It's obvious to anyone reading who really lacks a clue on this subject. Go back and read it again. First I said a lot of good coaches weren't lining up for Port's gig despite your claims that "most" said they had a quality young list. Then you said good coaches weren't lining up for it because they were a rabble off field. I rebuttled by mentioning we got Hardwick (who you highly rate) despite being a rabble off field at the time. Did not once ever say no one applied for either job. Again, don't make things up. Just makes you look like an ass :thumbsu: You're not one of those types who jumps on here and proclaims to have inside info are you?

Oh get your hand off it, please.

Hinkley was a applicant mate in the sense he applied for the job or are you saying the interview process was just a lot of s**t and they gave him the job with out him applying ? As from what i know, in the real world someone who applys for something equates to being a applicant. As to lack of knowledge about Port, when have I claimed by voicing my opinion that I had some inside opinion on that minnow club ?

Also what the hell are you on about with me saying that Hinkley was the only applicant ? Mate READ my post as you, again, are just flying off on a tangent. You even bloody quoted my post when I said "Port did not have a lack of coaches that applied for there position". So how you read that i am saying, somehow that Hinkley was the only applicant leaves me amused :p.

Again and remember IN MY OPINION Port was a badly run club from the coach and admin. AS AN OUTSIDER looking in that is how it APPEARS to me. I am glad you are so confident with your inside knowledge of Port to speak for all media and footy experts that apparently all agreed with your view but mate, I dont. It is simple really. I thought Port had a good list, those I talk too thought the same. They were s**t off field in a major way and Koch did a lot right when he got the right people to the club. I have no idea why you are arguing that point.

You speak about Port getting smashed repeatedly, well so did we. That wont stop elite talent applying for the job as there is only ever 18 jobs available. In your second Post you said "Yeah, I'm sure you were on here crowing about their list when they were getting pumped every week in 2011/12. And now coaches weren't willing to have a crack because Port were poor off field." How the hell is that me twisting your words, that is what you wrote! I simply stated you have rocks in your head if you really believe coaches were not applying for the Port as they were a rabble as again there is only 18 jobs ever available.

Maybe with your inside knowledge you know who applied, when they appied and how many ? frankly could not give a s**t. I just dont appreciate you trying to brow beat a bloke that has a differing opinion to you. So for the record to make it clear to you for the last time...

1. Hinkley has done a great Job
2. Koch has done a great Job
3. I believe from what I read and hear that coaches applied for the position when Primus got the ass which disagrees with your esteemed statement that nobody was lining up as they were not willing to have a crack.

last thing, if you want to have a crack at me for claiming I have inside info and I proudly yell that on these boards then have the boards and character to just *en come out with it. YOU just jumped into this thread and started mentioning s**t I was not even talking about ffs.

Its not like I would end this post saying, you would not be the type of bloke to mention to people you worked for Port would you ? :p

Reallly, its bloody simple.

Last edited:
Stop embarrassing yourself. Yes I worked for Port and I now work for Richmond, I'm Chocco Williams.

lol /golfclap

Have not embarrassed myself at all mate. I have an opinion I share it, regardless if that means people will disagree, that is what a footy forum is for. You have acted like i claimed I had Inside goss on port ffs. All i did was voice an opinion. Also and just for the record brother, you are the person that decided to go attack the man, not I.

I just dont agree with you, man up and move on :)

Not many would have, but it's amazing what happens when you put a coach with a clue in charge of a list that obviously had some talent given they have gone from a rabble to a genuine top 4 contender inside 2 years.
Kinda similar to how Alistair Clarkson turned around Hawthorn so fast to win a flag in 2008 after he took over at the end of 2004
Most of the players in that premiership team were on the list when he took over and just topped up with some young talent
When Hardwick took over, our core was our young talent, its only now that are list is fairly balanced age wise

Kinda similar to how Alistair Clarkson turned around Hawthorn so fast to win a flag in 2008 after he took over at the end of 2004
Most of the players in that premiership team were on the list when he took over and just topped up with some young talent
When Hardwick took over, our core was our young talent, its only now that are list is fairly balanced age wise

Spot on. That is why 2015 is so important. If we fail or just tread water..ie make finals but get bundled out then the coach would have to be seriously looked at if he needs to be replaced.

Oh get your hand off it, please.

Hinkley was a applicant mate in the sense he applied for the job or are you saying the interview process was just a lot of s**t and they gave him the job with out him applying ? As from what i know, in the real world someone who applys for something equates to being a applicant. As to lack of knowledge about Port, when have I claimed by voicing my opinion that I had some inside opinion on that minnow club ?

Also what the hell are you on about with me saying that Hinkley was the only applicant ? Mate READ my post as you, again, are just flying off on a tangent. You even bloody quoted my post when I said "Port did not have a lack of coaches that applied for there position". So how you read that i am saying, somehow that Hinkley was the only applicant leaves me amused :p.

Again and remember IN MY OPINION Port was a badly run club from the coach and admin. AS AN OUTSIDER looking in that is how it APPEARS to me. I am glad you are so confident with your inside knowledge of Port to speak for all media and footy experts that apparently all agreed with your view but mate, I dont. It is simple really. I thought Port had a good list, those I talk too thought the same. They were s**t off field in a major way and Koch did a lot right when he got the right people to the club. I have no idea why you are arguing that point.

You speak about Port getting smashed repeatedly, well so did we. That wont stop elite talent applying for the job as there is only ever 18 jobs available. In your second Post you said "Yeah, I'm sure you were on here crowing about their list when they were getting pumped every week in 2011/12. And now coaches weren't willing to have a crack because Port were poor off field." How the hell is that me twisting your words, that is what you wrote! I simply stated you have rocks in your head if you really believe coaches were not applying for the Port as they were a rabble as again there is only 18 jobs ever available.

Maybe with your inside knowledge you know who applied, when they appied and how many ? frankly could not give a s**t. I just dont appreciate you trying to brow beat a bloke that has a differing opinion to you. So for the record to make it clear to you for the last time...

1. Hinkley has done a great Job
2. Koch has done a great Job
3. I believe from what I read and hear that coaches applied for the position when Primus got the ass which disagrees with your esteemed statement that nobody was lining up as they were not willing to have a crack.

last thing, if you want to have a crack at me for claiming I have inside info and I proudly yell that on these boards then have the boards and character to just ****en come out with it. YOU just jumped into this thread and started mentioning s**t I was not even talking about ffs.

Its not like I would end this post saying, you would not be the type of bloke to mention to people you worked for Port would you ? :p

Reallly, its bloody simple.
Somebody has their knickers in a knot. Best to stay on topic and keep the personal insults to a minimum .

lol /golfclap

Have not embarrassed myself at all mate. I have an opinion I share it, regardless if that means people will disagree, that is what a footy forum is for. You have acted like i claimed I had Inside goss on port ffs. All i did was voice an opinion. Also and just for the record brother, you are the dick that decided to go attack the man, not I.

I just dont agree with you, man up and move on :)
Very good example of not playing the man T71. Deep breathes it's only a game

Recruiting Hampson has set the club back two years IMO . When you make a mistake that big you lose confidence in your ability there fore Blair went missing this trade period . We should all support Blair by getting behind him and giving him our total support because everyone makes mistakes but first Blair should get Hampson off the list so we can have another pick in the draft.

What are you on?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Somebody has their knickers in a knot. Best to stay on topic and keep the personal insults to a minimum .

No mate. I was simply having the right of reply. Something you obviously forgot to highlight in your quoting of post is that I was not the first to go down the road of going the man. Obviously you missed that as you seem to have only quoted myself. ;).

Anyway, done with it as its not worth the time :p

Yeah read he was delisted today or maybe yesterday, can't remember. Pretty sure he was looking for a new club anyway. I like him as a bloke who can play at either end.

Maybe a good rookie list option if he's still available.

Can somebody with Photoshop skills please do a Mitch Robinson in a Richmond Jumper

He is the only retread player i want in this draft as he gives us reasonable pace with some kamikazi desperation and might just become a good get for #77

Also would have got a mid 20's pick. Think it would have given us a fair bit more leverage for trading, but we also would have more options for the draft i.e. Weller, Ahern, Lavarde and been less likely to trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back