Opinion Our 2015 Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

What a terrible last game. I thought we were playing Essendon at the G.

Looks like I can start planning a round 2 trip to Melbourne. :)

Once again, as per usual, the dreaded Kardinia Park trip. Honestly if we haven't played there at least 20 times out of our 25 years in the comp I would be shocked.

edit: just checked, next year brings up 18 seasons out of 25 that we've had to play in Geelong

I like the draw. Majority of the tougher teams at home, and some good timeslots. Bring on 2015

Once again, as per usual, the dreaded Kardinia Park trip. Honestly if we haven't played there at least 20 times out of our 25 years in the comp I would be shocked.

You're close. We've played there 17 times in 24 years for a 3-14 record.

Geelong have come over 19 times for a 5-14 record.

R1: v North Melbourne Sunday day (H)
R3: v Melbourne Saturday day (H)
R5: v Port Adelaide Sunday twilight (H)
R7: v St Kilda Saturday day (H)
R9: v Fremantle Saturday night (H)
R11: BYE
R12: v Hawthorn Thursday night (H)
R14: v Geelong Sunday (H)
R17: v Gold Coast Saturday day (H)
R19: v Richmond Friday night (H)
R21: v Brisbane Saturday night (H)
R22: v West Coast Sunday day (H)

Good to see the AFL propaganda machine still not living up to what they said they would do when it comes to Friday night games at the AO. The scheduling is no better than what we were getting at AAMI.

Other than that it is a pretty reasonable draw, H & A.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our draw is fine from a football point of view, no complaints. But commercially we are just filling in and boosting numbers in poor time slots. We could go undefeated, win a Grandfinal and the AFL would just be like "now they will definitely attend, give them all the Sunday Twlights and unwanted public holidays"

R1: v North Melbourne Sunday day (H)
R3: v Melbourne Saturday day (H)
R5: v Port Adelaide Sunday twilight (H)
R7: v St Kilda Saturday day (H)
R9: v Fremantle Saturday night (H)
R11: BYE
R12: v Hawthorn Thursday night (H)
R14: v Geelong Sunday (H)
R17: v Gold Coast Saturday day (H)
R19: v Richmond Friday night (H)
R21: v Brisbane Saturday night (H)
R22: v West Coast Sunday day (H)

Good to see the AFL propaganda machine still not living up to what they said they would do when it comes to Friday night games at the AO. The scheduling is no better than what we were getting at AAMI.

Other than that it is a pretty reasonable draw, H & A.
Yep, way way better than I was expecting. Pretty happy.

Our draw is fine from a football point of view, no complaints. But commercially we are just filling in and boosting numbers in poor time slots. We could go undefeated, win a Grandfinal and the AFL would just be like "now they will definitely attend, give them all the Sunday Twlights and unwanted public holidays"
We got ONE Sunday twilight game. :rolleyes:

Yep. We're being shunted to the unpopular slots because our people will turn up.

We need our own tarps ... and to reprogram our supporter base to abandon ship when things start to look average.

Well going to have to have a chat about our return from Europe. We were originally coming back 8 August. Seeing as how we will be away for all of July, I so don't want to miss a Friday night game at Adelaide, even if I feel like falling asleep during the game!
Im going to Europe for my parents 25th wedding anniversary and I miss the Melbourne and Port Adelaide games. At least Ill be back for the St Kilda game, Parents wont be though.

First and foremost from a making the finals perspective it's a decent draw.

Away games in Melb 3x Saturday games which is much better, especially 2 on Sat afternoon which is an excellent time slot.

Only one trip west - big tick

2x Fri and 2 x Sat night home games - big tick + a Sat night away game

No Thurs night games - very strange

Only 2 Sunday twilight - phew.

Overall ok. Yes Port have some things better - 5 night games at home and 5 night games away. Strangely this includes 2 x Thurs night games, the very experiment we were trying for but missed out completely.

At this stage we are the no2 team from SA in terms of love from the AFL and we just have to turn it around.

Edit - sorry I see the Hawks game is a Thurs night.

At this stage we are the no2 team from SA in terms of love from the AFL and we just have to turn it around.

I think it's deeper than that. If we turn it around, our attendances might go up 5%-10%.

If Port turns things around, they go up 150%.

When your whole business model is based on growth, even if we go 22-0 and beat Hawthorn by 200 points in the Granny, we're still going to get whatever the AFL wants to give us because our crowds are usually there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back