2024 Fixture

Did the AFL actually compensate us in the fixture for last year's finals debacle?

• Sort of - Better difficulty, but commercial fixture as expected or worse

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Set to be released shortly

First Round spoiler. Please be a ie.

View attachment 1836393
Good to see we are being compensated with our yearly trip to Geelong, meanwhile Port get the first Friday night game of the year.

And anyone thinks after months of football that it’s a good idea to have only 2 games of footy on the opening weekend should be sacked.

Only going to be playing at big grounds this year.

checks round 1 roster.

Seriously, we better not start and finish the season away again. That was bullshit.

Crows are due to have round 1 at home in 2024 as it alternates every year with Port so that surely can’t be true.
We played round 1 at home for four years in a row from 2019-22, so it's not beyond the realms of possibility that Port get it again. It won't be an issue as long as we get the final H&A game at home.

In regards to playing at GHMBA, given where both sides finished, it's highly likely we'll play Geelong twice.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We played round 1 at home for four years in a row from 2019-22, so it's not beyond the realms of possibility that Port get it again. It won't be an issue as long as we get the final H&A game at home.
I totally forgotten that happened, to be fair I along with most have probably blanked those seasons.

I have no idea why the AFL changed it, it was always the fairest thing to do with non-VIC teams to just alternate 1st & last Home & Away matches every year.

Doesn't match other rumours that Carlton and Richmond will play in Queensland before their "traditional" MCG opener.

Those rumours also pointed to the teams playing in the first week playing the following weeks before having a bye a few weeks in rather than week 2 (which makes sense if the aim is to get a jump on the NRL while their teams are over in Vegas).

Back