Non-AFL chat thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly never really liked Dragon Age Origins. It feels like a poor throwback to a much better series (Baldurs Gate) which is plagued with the usual Bioware problems. Give me RPGs from Obsidian anyday as those have a tendency to have amazing writing.

Yeah Man. Just catching up on some Destiny crap i missed out on last night. Haven't had a chance to play it yet. How's the online??
Only played for about an hour last night but seems cool. First person mode is awesome.

Igloo and I are about to jump on and I think Tupps is going to as well. We'll be on 'til late.

Only played for about an hour last night but seems cool. First person mode is awesome.

Igloo and I are about to jump on and I think Tupps is going to as well. We'll be on 'til late.

2 more Nightfalls and i'll jump on.

I honestly never really liked Dragon Age Origins. It feels like a poor throwback to a much better series (Baldurs Gate) which is plagued with the usual Bioware problems. Give me RPGs from Obsidian anyday as those have a tendency to have amazing writing.
Fall out new vegas?

yeah, trying to finish off one
Stuck in the Deep Roads 3/4 into the storyline, totally forgot how hard the games was.

Same here, gotta get that xp.
I'm at level 16
I'm using exploits ;)

Fallout NV, Fallout 2, Planescape Torment, Neverwinter Nights 2, Knights of the Old Republic 2, Alpha Protocol. All of these games have amazing writing especially NWN2 Mask of the Betrayer.
Y no kotor 1?

Y no kotor 1?

KOTOR 1 was Bioware. Also I found KOTOR1 to be severely overhyped when the sequel executed everything so much better. Seriously, the subtle evil of Kreia is fantastic as she disapproves if you're a puppy kicking villain or a typical good guy. It's refreshing.

KOTOR 1 was Bioware. Also I found KOTOR1 to be severely overhyped when the sequel executed everything so much better. Seriously, the subtle evil of Kreia is fantastic as she disapproves if you're a puppy kicking villain or a typical good guy. It's refreshing.

WTF. You must be high. Kotor 2 is considered the worse of the two due to it's rushed development time.

I don't understand how Kotor 2 is better.....
******* Revan and Malak

WTF. You must be high. Kotor 2 is considered the worse of the two due to it's rushed development time.

That's because they were given almost a third of the development time that Bioware got for the original. Development started in 2000 for the original and it came out in 2003. Development for KOTOR2 started in July 2003 and finished in about October the following year. LucasArts also forced them to rush the release for Christmas which forced them to cut a massive amount of content.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's because they were given almost a third of the development time that Bioware got for the original. Development started in 2000 for the original and it came out in 2003. Development for KOTOR2 started in July 2003 and finished in about October the following year. LucasArts also forced them to rush the release for Christmas which forced them to cut a massive amount of content.

I know why it happened, but they still released a sub-par game as a result. FWIW, I still enjoyed 2, but 1 is an all time classic.

Paid for the Special Edition today and Gamespot says it takes 85 hours to do majority of side quest and main quest
**** yeah

Wow that world looks awesome.

Although I'm still playing through Borderlands 2... Haven't even got on to the pre-sequel yet. Doh.

My back catalogue of games is immense !

If you guys didn't catch catalyst the other night, i would highly recommend "Low carb diet, fat or fiction". I pretty much changed my diet along similar lines 2 years back, dropped 10kg's and lost about 5% body fat in about 10 weeks, and have never put it back on, despite doing minimal exercise recently.

http://www.abc.net.au/catalyst/

Well done! Where'd they take you for your test?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back