Round 15: TBCWerribee vs FootscrayTBC
Round 16: TBCFootscray vs CarltonTBC
Round 17: TBCGeelong vs FootscrayTBC
Round 19: TBCFootscray vs CaseyTBC
Round 20: TBCFrankston vs FootscrayTBC
Round 21: TBCSwans vs FootscrayTBC

COACH: Stewart Edge (TBC).

STAYING: Footscray: Kai Stretton;

ARRIVING: Footscray: Tommy McRae (Casey Demons), Rhett Montgomerie (Essendon AFL);

DEPARTING: Footscray: Hugo Bromell (Coburg), Joel Garner (Richmond VFL), Ewan Macpherson (Brisbane Lions VFL); Caleb Lewis (Casey Demons)

TO BE CONFIRMED: Angus Bade, Jamieson Ballantyne, Josh Chatfield, Cooper Craig-Peters, Nathan Drummond, Jarrod Gilbee, Luke Goater, Ned Harris, Ethan Hunt, Josh Kellett, Cameron Kizan, Will Lewis, Charlie Macisaac, Cayden Maki, Daniel Orgill, Josh Patullo, Jay Rantall, Connor Smith, Riley Smith, Lachie Sullivan, Daniel Tallariti, Sam Willoughby, Bailey Young.

COACH: Stewart Edge (TBC).

STAYING: Footscray: Kai Stretton;

ARRIVING: Footscray: Tommy McRae (Casey Demons), Rhett Montgomerie (Essendon AFL);

DEPARTING: Footscray: Hugo Bromell (Coburg), Joel Garner (Richmond VFL), Ewan Macpherson (Brisbane Lions VFL); Caleb Lewis (Casey Demons)

TO BE CONFIRMED: Angus Bade, Jamieson Ballantyne, Josh Chatfield, Cooper Craig-Peters, Nathan Drummond, Jarrod Gilbee, Luke Goater, Ned Harris, Ethan Hunt, Josh Kellett, Cameron Kizan, Will Lewis, Charlie Macisaac, Cayden Maki, Daniel Orgill, Josh Patullo, Jay Rantall, Connor Smith, Riley Smith, Lachie Sullivan, Daniel Tallariti, Sam Willoughby, Bailey Young.

Queensland fans screwed over again

Brisbane in Melb and no Gold Coast

With so many teams, why are we playing a few teams twice as opposed to once across the rounds?

)

Why so many to be confirmed? Is VFL different from AFL in that most of the players are on short term contracts only? Because players and clubs want to keep options open? Pay is equivalent to local leagues so financial security ( at that level) is not key?

Why so many to be confirmed? Is VFL different from AFL in that most of the players are on short term contracts only? Because players and clubs want to keep options open? Pay is equivalent to local leagues so financial security ( at that level) is not key?
This article is from Dec last year

Stand-alone clubs like Dogs keep their information to themselves till the March deadline list requirement

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Best of luck to Sullivan but sucks that we're losing him. I do wonder who will be the next captain, I've heard that Chatfield was highly rated for his leadership qualities as a junior so I suppose he's next in line.
Hopefully he has a good start to the year and we get him in the mid season draft.

Best of luck to Sullivan but sucks that we're losing him. I do wonder who will be the next captain, I've heard that Chatfield was highly rated for his leadership qualities as a junior so I suppose he's next in line.
If Orgill and Rantall is still around, they were in the leadership group last year.

Picking up Trent Bianco could be a possible choice as well. Those former AFL lads are usually solid leaders.

Less than a month till season and Dogs still haven't finalised their list

With a practice match on Saturday, I would expect that to be the last game before submission

It feels like that each time we build a strong squad our depth takes a hit. Local footy I guess.
Downside of limited draft selection and no VFL to AFL pathway.

If AFL brought in a ruling to assist clubs in taking more VFL-listed players, you would see a stronger league IMO

Edit: This a very out-there opinion

But for Standalone clubs, you could have a bidding system for players instead of taking them in the draft

Allow those clubs to get better talent and get financial reward

So I'm just looking at the 2024 fixture and it doesn't look like there's a game vs Gold Coast.

edit:

No Southport
No Gold Coast
No Bullants
No Coburg
No Sandringham

Baffling stuff to not have every team play each other. Especially when any team that gets Coburg and the Bullants have a guaranteed 8 points and huge bonuses to percentage.

Last edited:
So I'm just looking at the 2024 fixture and it doesn't look like there's a game vs Gold Coast.

edit:

No Southport
No Gold Coast
No Bullants
No Coburg
No Sandringham

Baffling stuff to not have every team play each other. Especially when any team that gets Coburg and the Bullants have a guaranteed 8 points and huge bonuses to percentage.
Yet we play Giants Sydney and Casey twice.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back