Official Team Thread Gold City Royals - Season 18 Team Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

ROUND 5 V WEST COAST WONDERS

Royals 11.11.77 Def Wonders 11.6.72

Goalkickers: okeydoke7 4 Dirty Bird 3 Continstar, VitalDread, Son of God, Easty 1

Best: bomberlegend2007, Dirty Bird, Son of God, Easty, Wise Guy Sam

The Royals saw themselves back on the winners list after a nail biting 5 point win over The West Coast Wonders, courtesy of okeydoke's 4 goal haul up forward, and some individual brilliance from Son of God through the midfield. Co-Captain Marlowe even deemed it worthy to watch the frantic finish to the match from the bench such was his confidence. Maybe he just isn't used to being a part of winning festivities on the ground when the final siren sounds, and decided to put the team first. Regardless, he made the right choice in the end.

bomberlegend proved to be a recruiting masterstroke as he arguably played his best game for the club with 28 disposals, playing predominantly through the middle of the ground. Opposition captain PVF was at a loss as to how his side has fallen so quickly, thus he decided to retire. Another feather in the Royals cap.

Round 5 – Wonders
9 – Son of God (25 disposals, 2 tackles, 1 goal, 28 posts)
5 – okeydoke7 (4 goals, 32 posts)
5 - bomberlegend2007 (28 disposals, 7 marks)
4 – Easty (17 disposals, 8 tackles, 1 goal, 12 posts)
3 – NathanMJ_WB54 (18d, 4m, 1ff, 16 posts)
3 - Dirty Bird (17 disposals, 7 marks, 3 goals)
1 – Wise Guy Sam (18d, 6ho, 5t, 29 posts)

Unlucky – sverik25 (15d, 6m, 13 posts), Tommycash (17d, 9m, 2t, 5 posts), Marlowe (7d, 4m, 1t, 34 posts)

Courtesy of some great work by The_Reaper again.

Round 6 - Roys FFC v Gold City Royals
Brunswick Junction Oval

Pre Game

The battle of Roy/al supremacy had been onesided in the past but the Royals were set to spark their season and finals push with a big win over the Boer War veterans. The Roys brought in their typically unusal pre game entertainment with some L.A. Style James Brown is Dead and the Rugrats themesong.
Discredited bookies Betwgs.com offered odds of 1.09 for a Roys win.

What looked like an ordinary match become set for a bloodbath when it was revealed that Marlowe had crushed, Royals No1 ticket holder and Roys stalwart 3KZ is Football 's bicycle.

The Royals made many changes
Official Team Sheet:
B: NTRabbit - The_Reaper - 5 GB USB
HB: Pogba - Marlowe - Igloo
C: Easty - NathanMJ_WB54 - VitalDread
HF: sverik25 - Dirty Bird - Tommycash
F: Bipolarbear - okeydoke7 - The Old Dark Navy's
R: Wise Guy Sam - Son of God - bomberlegend2007

Int: Fitzey - Continstar

And the Roys made none.

Quarter 1

In warm conditions, NathanMJ_WB54 warmed the harts of all with some champagne footy leading to the first goal of the match. The empire struck back through Cheetah but young sverik25 led the quick response. In a high scoring quarter the Royals marched on with goal after goal but to their credit the Roys stayed in touch. Volta showed the sensitive side he developed in his old age with a happy dance.
Roys 4.1 (25)
Royals 6.0 (36)

Quarter 2
Okeydoke8 and Freakie traded early goals to keep up the status quo while a rushed behind marred the Royals perfect record. Okeydoke8 started to break the royals whilst Continstar sprayed the posts. The Quick Brown Dog kicked a goal as part of a Roys fightback just as it looked like the Royals could build up a good lead.
Roys 9.3 (57)
Royals 10.5 (65)

Quarter 3
It didn't look like it mattered when TODN kicked a goal to start the second half. But the Quick Brown Dog jumped over the lazy Gengar to again lead the fight back and with Dicky Fitzwell put the Roys in front. The Royals were left reeling until Continstar finally managed to kick straight with a much needed goal. And while Wise Guy Sam lost the ability to tie up his shoelaces, Bipolarbear did not and kept the Royals chances of a much needed victory alive.
Roys 13.8 (86)
Royals 13.5 (83)

Quarter 5
As Marlowe read the story of the tortise and the hare during the break a new a tactic emerged, to get the lead through points. Easty , bomberlegend2007 and NathanMJ_WB54 missing as the Royals tied the scores. As 3KZ is Football gave it straight to the lovely lady behind the goals, the Roys broke the shackles and led by 13 points with ten minutes to go. Bipolarbear and Fred traded goals but it was apparent that time was the Royals worst enemy. Continstar struck back but so did the Roys and with only minutes to go the lead was unchanged. 3KZ avenged his bicycle with the sealer.
Roys 19.10 (124)
Royals 17.11 (113)

Round 6 – Roys FFC
9 – NathanMJ_WB54 (26 disposals, 2 tackles, 1 goal, 39 posts)
7 – Wise Guy Sam (18 disposals, 17 HO's, 2 tackles, 1 goal, 20 posts)
7 – Easty (30 disposals, 2 tackles, 6 posts)
3 – okeydoke7 (6d, 2t, 4g, 1b, 30 posts)
3 – Son of God (12 disposals, 11 tackles, 6 FF, 9 posts)
1 - bomberlegend2007 (16 disposals, 7 tackles, 1 goal)

Before I post the round 6 leaderboard, I'd like to give out another award. This one's for the best post of the year.

Again, okeydoke7 is presented with another award for this stellar effort.

Righto. A few things to sort out here.

Firstly, learn to multi-quote. I mean that seriously. Match threads can become unbearable enough without someone posting 8 times in 3 seconds. Occasionally, no problems. Frequently, no way.

Secondly, if I did somehow manage to s**t a brick, my arsehole would still be less torn than yours by the end of this match thread. Presuming that's what s**t brick even means.

Third, as one of few Warriors with SFA experience, surely you can lead by example a little better than you have in this thread.

Fourth, my name is okeydoke7. From now on, you will address me as such. I usually accept Okey, OkeyJoke, Okeydoke, even JokeyJerk. But only from people I respect. You have not earned that right.

Fifth, my post referring to the multi-layered "s**t" at the Warriors was tongue in cheek. At least it had some merit. Don't refer to me as s**t unless you are willing to back it up with some facts.

Sixth, I am your superior in every way. I am a better poster, I am a better player. I started in S09, I have missed a couple of seasons in between. I have kicked 319 goals from 124 games. I'm about to moves up to 7th on the all-time goal kicking and should be in the top few by the end of the season. I won an Alf Andrews Medal. I am a 3-time All SFA member. I have won the club goal kicking at 4 separate clubs. I have been a club captain and am now the admin of the league. I have helped to develop the media side of the SFA and am still, in the eyes of many, the best media performer in the competition.

Seventh, you and your team have a lot to learn. There is hope, there is potential. Not all is lost. You can maintain your style, but I highly recommend that you take note when experienced clubs bury you into the dirt. There is a standard that you will be expected to meet.

Eighth, post counts do not matter. If you have 186 posts without saying anything, i'm not interested. Do you even know what Qooty is?

Ninth, how did you come up with your username? Do you mean you are on fire in a metaphorical sense? Because that hot streak has apparently come to an end. I suggest a change of username. Or were you on fire once? Or is Alex someone else? Was Alex on fire? Is he available for the Warriors? I hear they need posters. Or could Alex be a female? Is Alex a female that you set on fire? Why do you set people on fire you sick individual?

Tenth, I have nothing else to add. 10 is just such a nice figure. I will kick 10 goals this week.

Congrats okey.

Round 6 Leaderboard

Code:
LEADERBOARD

41 - NathanMJ_WB54
36 - Son of God
21 - Wise Guy Sam
15 - bomberlegend2007
12 - okeydoke7
11 - Easty
10 - sverik25, VitalDread
7  - Marlowe, Igloo
6  - Dirty Bird
2  - Fitzey, The_Reaper

ROUND 7 v LAS VEGAS BEARS

Bears 19.13.127 Def Royals 14.6.90

Goalkickers: okeydoke7 4 NathanMJ_WB54, Son of God 2 Easty, Bipolarbear, Dirty Bird, NTRabbit, The Old Dark Naveys, Wise Guy Sam 1

Best: Son of God, bomberlegend2007, NathanMJ_WB54, Easty, sverik25

Stop the press, that was downright embarrassing. How the * can the Royals lose to a team without a solitary win to their name...a solitary ******* win. The Bears were a rabble...they still are, but strike me down with a bolt of lightening. That was disgraceful.

We lost through the midfield, we lost down back and the forwards were terrible. We were accurate for a change and still friggin lost. Even DemonJim found plenty of the ball, who was on him...s**t that was me, sorry guys.

We'll wipe that from our memory and continue on to round 8 where the timtamWB showcase commences.

Round 7 – Bears
10 – Son of God (27 disposals, 5 tackles, 2 goals, 29 posts)
7 – NathanMJ_WB54 (20 disposals, 5 tackles, 2 goals, 35 posts)
5 – bomberlegend2007 (29 disposals, 5 posts)
3 – okeydoke7 (5k, 2m, 1t, 4g, 1b, 27 posts)
3 – Wise Guy Sam (19 disposals, 14 HO's, 1 goal, 25 posts)
2 - Easty (21 disposals, 3 tackles, 1 goal)

Round 8 is proudly brought to you by timtamWB

Let me paint the scene for you:

Picture it: Round 8 of Season 18. The Royals, while having blooded some good young recruits in sverik25 and NathanMJ_WB54, were still fighting to remain in the finals race. They had won 1 of their last 5, and only barely scraped by the cellar dwelling West Coast Wonders. They were desperately crying out for a hero against the dominant Fighting Furies. The whole qooty world laughed at the Royals, proclaiming them "no hope" and "a bunch of freaks" and "less than satisfactory in the bedroom."

Enter: timtamWB.

Sure, he talked a big game. He proclaimed himself the messiah. Some were skeptical, others fell in line behind their new leader as they should have. But even they had their doubts.

But then came game day. Instantly, he was involved in the play, dishing off a deft handpass to create space where there was none before, leading to a goal which he can claim as his own:

1 : .55 {CHF} - Not enough pressure on timtamWB.
1 : .59 {CHF} - A slick handpass goes to Wise Guy Sam.
1 : 1.01 {CHF} - Long handpass to the running NathanMJ_WB54.
1 : 1.05 {CHF} - tigland lined up NathanMJ_WB54 and missed. NathanMJ_WB54 just laughs and takes a bounce.
1 : 1.09 {CHF} - Don't tell me he's kicked it.
1 : 1.13 {CHF} - NathanMJ_WB54's kick is close. A goal!
What a great opportunity created by timtam. Pure class. He followed this up with a destructive tackle and a beautiful burst through the middle of the pack to show his grunt:

1 : 22.52 {CHB} - Great tackle by timtamWB.
1 : 22.55 {CHF} - timtamWB weaves through the congestion.
Obviously in his debut game, he already had the head of a veteran, knowing when to cool off a bit and shift the balance back to his team.

2 : 15.47 {CHB} - But chipping in front is timtamWB.
2 : 15.51 {CHF} - timtamWB slowing down the play.
He also showed his marking prowess with a mark of the year nomination, casually fending off his opposition to take a huge diving one handed grab:

3 : 14.33 {CHF} - His kick is hurried - in the direction of timtamWB.
3 : 14.37 {CHF} - timtamWB holds off rfctigerarmy with one hand and takes the mark with the other.
As he surveyed the goals in the final quarter, the crowd waited with bated breath. Unfortunately, his first two kicks were slightly off line, although even the great Chris Grant would have struggled to slot these.@okeydoke7 would have probably sprayed them out on the full:

4 : 4.46 {CHF} - Finds timtamWB with a handball.
4 : 4.49 {CHF} - This will bring the house down if it goes through.
4 : 4.54 {CHF} - Off line - one behind to timtamWB.
Gold City Royals : 16.7.103
Fighting Furies : 15.3.93
4 : 5 {FB} - BILC has it.
4 : 5.04 {rHBF} - He chooses the sensible option - to kick it long.
4 : 5.09 {rHBF} - okeydoke7 intercepts the kick and marks.
4 : 5.1 {CHF} - timtamWB has it. What can he do with it?.
4 : 5.15 {CHF} - That's a massive kick from timtamWB.
4 : 5.19 {CHF} - Just a minor score to timtamWB.
Until finally, he got his chance. After an earth shattering tackle that put rfctigerarmy in the infirmary, he lined up from outside 50. He surveyed the capacity crowd, began his run up, and kicked. The crowd knew as soon as it left his boot that it was through, and not only through, it cleared the top of the goalsticks and flew out of the stadium! THe crowd roared their approval, finally accepting the newest star of the competition.

4 : 14.12 {CHB} - Great tackle on rfctigerarmy.
4 : 14.16 {CHF} - timtamWB wants to get on with proceedings.
4 : 14.21 {CHF} - timtamWB from just outside the fifty ...
4 : 14.22 {CHF} - timtamWB loves any chance to rub rfctigerarmy's nose in it. What a goal.
Then just to showboat, he showed off his tricks with a snap from outside the boundary line.

4 : 20.04 {FF} - rfctigerarmy gives up the chase as timtamWB bounces again.
4 : 20.08 {FF} - A quick snap from timtamWB.
4 : 20.11 {FF} - Terrible kick off the boot... six points for effectiveness though.
And so it was, my friends, that timtamWB in his debut game sealed victory for the Royals against the eventual runners-up, with an impressive 25 disposals, 8 marks and 2.2 for 98 exie points. A truly outstanding performance.

Although he was not alone in the Royals win that day (purely because the league said he couldn't play with only one player on his team). Wise Guy Sam dominated the ruck as per usual, and @NathanMJ_WB54destroyed the Furies with 17 bone-crunching tackles, and continued his status as umpires pet with 3 frees for. But he ain't got nothing on Soggy's 7 frees.

This was Soggy's main contribution.

Oh and Continstar kicked 7 or something like that.

Bests: timtamwb, NathanMJ_WB54, Wise Guy Sam, Continstar, VitalDread, Easty

Goals: Continstar 7, Wise Guy Sam 4, timtamwb 2, NathanMJ_WB54 2, Tommycash, VitalDread, Dirty Bird, okeydoke7, Bipolarbear, The Old Dark Navy's, Son of God

He'll be a little disappointed when he sees the votes, but we won so he'll get over it fairly soon.

Round 8 – Furies
10 – Wise Guy Sam (27 disposals, 3 tackles, 19 HO's, 4 goals, 23 posts)
8 – NathanMJ_WB54 (21 disposals, 17 tackles, 2 goals, 19 posts)
5 – Easty (33 disposals, 6 posts)
4 – timtamWB (23 disposals, 8 marks, 2 goals, 14 posts debut)
2 - Continstar (7 goals)
1 – Son of God (23d, 4t, 7ff, 1g, 1b, 3 posts)

Unlucky – bomberlegend2007 (23d, 2m, 4t, 6 posts), Marlowe (10d, 8m, 16 posts), VD (25d, 9m, 2ff, 6 posts)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Round 9 Preview – Royals vs. Gumbies Direwolves

WE were well under duress from our fans and media at this point of the season. Despite having a losing record we were holding a finals spot and this was probably the latest in a season we could ever claim such a thing. External pressure was beginning to take its toll and because of that tensions inside the clubhouse were also rising. It was this point sverik25 began turning to voodoo in an effort to save our season. This rubbed some of our more traditional practicing players the wrong way and when a live chicken was sacrificed during halftime a near full-out brawl broke out. A promise for an end-of-season trip to Wet ‘n’ Wild and the prospect of finals was about all I could do to keep the team from tearing at the seams.

The game wasn't a pretty one. The team formerly known as the Gumbies have usually had our number in the past and this was no exception. A 50-point opening quarter from them was enough to put the game away and never got back in it. We closed the gap to about four goals midway through the third but the class of the opposition was too much and they eventually pressed the boot down on our neck.

The loss sent us spiraling out to ninth but on the plus side that chicken tasted great.

Round 9 – Gumbies
8 – NathanMJ_WB54 (25 disposals, 8 tackles, 1 goal, 20 posts)
5 – Wise Guy Sam (20 disposals, 16 HO's, 4 tackles, 18 posts)
5 - VitalDread (28 disposals, 9 marks, 3 tackles, 1 goal)
4 - bomberlegend2007 (30 disposals, 9 marks)
3 – Marlowe (20d, 5m, 2t, 21 posts)
3 – Easty (26 disposals, 9 marks, 3 tackles, 9 posts)
2 – Son of God (17d, 5t, 19 posts)

Dear timtamWB,
Believe it or not, the Royals Best and Fairest Award is not all about you. There are other players who contributed more than you in said match. Take note to mention them more than once next time.

Yours sincerely, your more experienced counterpart,
sverik25

;)
Lies! This award is rigged, how else can you explain me failing to poll in the first 7 rounds? :p

Lies! This award is rigged, how else can you explain me failing to poll in the first 7 rounds? :p

I know. I polled a BOG in my debut, but since then, have not featured in the votes. I think the co-captains secretly despise and the only reason they gave me the votes in that game was because I was so much better than everyone else on ground it was impossible not to. I'm not expecting any more votes for the remainder of the season.

I know. I polled a BOG in my debut, but since then, have not featured in the votes. I think the co-captains secretly despise and the only reason they gave me the votes in that game was because I was so much better than everyone else on ground it was impossible not to. I'm not expecting any more votes for the remainder of the season.

You've polled in one game and still have more votes than me halfway through the season. :cry:

Personally I think that apart from their golden boy Nath, they hate the rookies and so will only give them votes in their first game as an encouragement.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back