Player Watch Reilly O'Brien

Remove this Banner Ad

We've well and truly addressed our need for ruck depth/options ... hoping we've got some gems.

Sauce
Luke Lowden
Reilly O'Brien
Harry Dear
JJ
Jack Osborn

To me this actually seems like a fairly safe pick. I'm not saying he'll be the next Sauce, but he has good size without being slow. Can take a grab and obviously he's got a good head on his shoulders. I like this pick.

KPD's of his height will help fight the monster KPF's of the future, but jeez his kick looks average.

Kicking efficiency or kicking technique?

Efficiency on those highlights was pretty good.

Technique is a little clumsy.

Definitely a project player. Looks to have ability but looks like he could snap in half like a twig. Needs to build up his body substantially to be AFL ready IMO.

With Lowden in particular now on our list as coverage for Jacobs, project player was the right way to go IMO.

Kicking efficiency or kicking technique?

Efficiency on those highlights was pretty good.

Technique is a little clumsy.

Definitely a project player. Looks to have ability but looks like he could snap in half like a twig. Needs to build his body substantially to be AFL ready IMO.

With Lowden in particular now on our list as coverage for Jacobs, project player was the right way to go IMO.
Yes I was referring to his technique. Highlights look OK in terms of hitting targets but that looks like a classic unco ruckman's kick!

What metal?
hilarious. Should be mettle and not metal (unless we paid in gold :) ). To show great mettlemeans we showed great courage and fortitude. Still a pretty silly and over the top thing to say. We used a rookie pick Big deal!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Paige Cardona would be closer to a footy fan than a journalist.
Fair comment but she sees more TAC footy than almost anyone including the club recruiters themselves commentating on TAC Radio and I've regularly seen her at Ballarat Rebels games which I've attended.

Fair comment but she sees more TAC footy than almost anyone including the club recruiters themselves commentating on TAC Radio and I've regularly seen her at Ballarat Rebels games which I've attended.
Yep not doubting her passion and commitment to the job but she's basically just a freelancer working for a website with mostly volunteer writers as far as I know. But I agree she knows the draft system better than most.

So we're going to have 4 rucks in the sanfl now? I suppose Dear will be played as a forward.

People forget that you almost never have a full squad. If this pre-season is going to be as intense as they are saying, we'll start seeing injuries fairly soon.

So we're going to have 4 rucks in the sanfl now? I suppose Dear will be played as a forward.
This was always going to be a problem with having all of our players playing in a single SANFL team, rather than being farmed out as was previously the case. The ruck is the one area where it's common to have multiple players, with limited ability to play in other positions, all fighting for only 1 or 2 positions.

Don't get me wrong, the advantages of having a reserves team clearly outweigh the disadvantages, it's just that this is one of the disadvantages.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back