BBL game 2 - Sydney Sixers vs Melbourne Renegades @SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Dumb question alert...

Why are they called the Sydney Sixers? I can't see what 'sixers' has to do with cricket :confused: (please don't tell me it's a reference to some american sport).

They hit sixes, ergo they are 'Sixers'.

With apologies to the English language.

I think Freddie has been good value in the combox.

Is it just me, or is Mel even more sultry and sexy this year than last?

Freddie has been great tonight lots of little insights and he is totally honest and relaxed. Ch10 should definitely have him back in the commentary box at some stage.

On Mel she has always been sexy, has the sport knowledge and poise to be a good host too doesn't just stare and read off an autocue

Brett Lee potential to return to the Australia T20 side if his body holds up?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brett Lee potential to return to the Australia T20 side if his body holds up?
Doubt it. He only plays BBL. Won't be playing come the next world cup (2-3 years away?) so no point

Nearly a catch there. Need to hold onto catches to win this
Yeah Siddle will be kicking himself oh well I'm sure he will snare some wickets soon.
Anyone else surprised Siddle is playing? I thought he was being "rested" from the test time to get his body right for Boxing Day Test at his home ground? If Siddle is playing Bigbash in between tests then it suggests to me he may have been "dropped" from the test team?

Yeah Siddle will be kicking himself oh well I'm sure he will snare some wickets soon.
Anyone else surprised Siddle is playing? I thought he was being "rested" from the test time to get his body right for Boxing Day Test at his home ground? If Siddle is playing Bigbash in between tests then it suggests to me he may have been "dropped" from the test team?
Was always dropped never rested. CA also allowed him to. Hoping will find some form?

I believe this is the first game Siddle has ever played in this franchised Big Bash League.

His papers have been stamped "Herbivore, never to play test matches again"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back