Past #32: Mason Wood - 65 NM games/76 NM goals - delisted end '20 - SSP selection for STK '21 - GL Mase

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn't realise how big of a kick he has on him. Looking forward to his 2015

Minus your typo I was saying similar about Robbie Nahas. I just hope Mason kicks on and seizes the opportunity ahead of him.

Having that brief taste of the big time & kicking a few goals would have him pretty keen to take the next step one would think.
You'd also hope those finals wins are added fuel for all players on our list, not just the ones that played in them.

So I'm sitting here watching the hockey and this thought just struck me.

Tell me right now - what is stopping Mason Wood from being our next elite midfielder?

For comparison sake, he's 1cm taller than Pendlebury (2cm taller than Fyfe). He's also in our best half a dozen or so best runners. I want him in the guts in the next few years.

Tell me right now - what is stopping Mason Wood from being our next elite midfielder?

For comparison sake, he's 1cm taller than Pendlebury (2cm taller than Fyfe). He's also in our best half a dozen or so best runners. I want him in the guts in the next few years.
A healthy list and likely Higgins now.

A healthy list and likely Higgins now.
I'm talking when Harvey and Wells bite the dust. The obvious outside mid replacement is Atley, but I think Wood has the physical make up to be the ideal type. Imagine him over the ball as well as running away, then resting up forward and clunking some marks.

This is how I feel about Black. He's quick brilliant below his knees and a lovely kick

(Log in to remove this ad.)

agree that wood looks likely however the midfield calls are a bit optimistic

the reason the big guys cant play mid usually is Balance, it is all the buffeting and shoving and generally smashing around that limits their effectiveness

the Wood dilemma is really a Selection dilemma
we are getting close to picking a best 22 and just make a team up

I'm with LP and see him as our Andrew Embley type, as a tall mobile winger, goal kicker, and marking target for transition play. Put him on the opposite wing to Gibbo and we have 2 running machines to roam the wide open plains.

Any truth to the theory that there is a direct causal link between Higgins and Climate Change?
I'll like to subscribe to Jack Reacher's theory of hating players and say yes in a confident manner.

Any truth to the theory that there is a direct causal link between Higgins and Climate Change?
Err, no! I think you're thinking of the causal link between the reduction in the number of pirates over the past 150-200 years and climate change. (Ref Pastafarianism).

Higgins is a more recent phenomenon.

Err, no! I think you're thinking of the causal link between the reduction in the number of pirates over the past 150-200 years and climate change. (Ref Pastafarianism).

Higgins is a more recent phenomenon.
Depends what type of pirate, there's plenty of them in Sydney and Melbourne.

Twinkletoes likes this.

This is how I feel about Black. He's quick brilliant below his knees and a lovely kick

Black a lovely kick?

He is also not quick compared to a mid. I think he can be better than his terrible 2014 but not as a mid but let's see.

Think Wood far more likely to be that tall mid option rotating off HFF.

Black a lovely kick?

He is also not quick compared to a mid. I think he can be better than his terrible 2014 but not as a mid but let's see.

Think Wood far more likely to be that tall mid option rotating off HFF.

Field kick? Yeah.

Goal kicking? Has been better.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back