Vale Phillip Hughes - 1988 - 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah not really a need after the funeral.

Tony Greig had a memorial at the SCG (don't think it was a "state" memorial service as such) but I think that was due to the fact the funeral was a private affair.

State memorial service has been cancelled after Mike Baird talked to CA and Hughes' family.

Right decision.

Thank goodness! Enough of it and let the family grieve in private now

State memorial service has been cancelled after Mike Baird talked to CA and Hughes' family.

Right decision.

Very happy to hear it.

The support the family have received from the community is amazing, and most likely would've helped ease their pain, but there is also a time when they need to be able to mourn and grieve in peace.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't say much that hasn't already been said but this did throw me. I know in essence I never met him and Phillip Hughes was for all intents and purposes a stranger but I couldn't help be saddened that a young man was taken too soon doing something he loved. RIP, sometimes life is very unfair.

I was up at the takeaway shop a week ago and the bird behind the counter had a black arm band on.Under it written 408 and under that 63 in black texta.
I asked her fair enough you are showing your respect for Hughes but what do you do on Anzac day when blokes actually died defending their Country? She reckoned Anzac day was a good holiday but hughes was a legend.This Woman was in her early 30's.

I was up at the takeaway shop a week ago and the bird behind the counter had a black arm band on.Under it written 408 and under that 63 in black texta.
I asked her fair enough you are showing your respect for Hughes but what do you do on Anzac day when blokes actually died defending their Country? She reckoned Anzac day was a good holiday but hughes was a legend.This Woman was in her early 30's.

shakes head

Died defending their country.

Please.

Not the thread for it but I can't stand people who try to guilt people into having all these feelings towards Anzac Day.

People can mourn for whoever they want to mourn for.

It's a 'one death is a tragedy' kind of thing, that's all.

You try and grieve for all the ****ed up s**t in the world and you'd never move on, never be able to get out of bed.

You're truly a moral barometer, my friend.

Shouldn't be saying things like that when you don't know her story. For all we know she may have known Phill or his family, or had some sort of connection with him. We as individuals have no right to judge another individual on how they grieve on tragic events such as this.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back