7th - Eli Templeton

8th - Dylan Roberton (PB)

9th - Daniel McKenzie

10th - Seb Ross/Tom Curren

Other personal bests: Josh Bruce, Darren Minchington, Brenton Payne

http://www.saints.com.au/news/2015-01-07/nine-saints-run-personal-bests

David Armitage - 5th

Huge result and a PB for the bloke.

I don't think this should be overlooked. A super fit Armo is probably the most important cog in our midfield machine with all of these kids honing their craft over the next few years.

Agree. There are strong parallels between this developing story and Port Adelaide in 2013. New coach and fitness coach, leads to increased runnning capacity, leads to winning early games, leads to self belief, leads to ready to shake the top four.

Whens Armitage going to step up and be a gun/very good player?

I always thought he just never got the chance with Hayes, Monty, Steven, Goddard and NDS in front of him but most of them have moved on and now and hed be a starting onballer with Dunstan and Steven now. I was thinking it would be next year but didnt really eventuate.

I know most think hes limited but i still think he could have some shane tuck, brock mclean about him when they were at their best. Im waiting for an exceptional year from him, i think this could be it.

Has the time in the guts now but will never get tagged. Is he that far different from Priddis?

Armo has legitimately gotten better and better each year over the past 3 seasons, after lacking game time and also confidence in his early years and was looking like he might have been about to have the sort of break-out year you are talking about last season, but then he had that freak leg injury (the deep gash that got infected and cost him a couple of months), but now that Hayes is gone, a lot more responsibility is going to land on his shoulders and I can really see him stepping up again. Coming 5th in the time trial yesterday is massive for him, as his tank has always been an issue and it just shows how hard he is working at the moment.

Armo does look in great shape. A couple of his holiday tweets have photos that show he is ripped! It would be great to have him back at his best. I would really like to see him stay on his feet a little more in the contested ball.

Last preseason he looked in incredible nick too. He is giving guys like Curren a lesson in bicep size these days he's like a wrecking ball of muscle. I'm expecting a huge year if he stays fit.

Here's what the 2015 Champion Data Prospectus had to say about Armo:

Finished the season as the Saints 2nd highest ranked player - avg 93 CD ranking points.

Ranked 1 at the Saints for clearances per game and converted 88% of his stoppage first possessions into a clearance - the highest % of the top 150 players for first possessions won.

Ranked 4th at the club for scoreboard impact and was involved in 28% of the clubs scoring chains - ranked 2nd.

His kick rating improved from below average last year to average and was the highest of any midfielder at the club. Also had the highest handball efficiency at the club to go with the highest contested possession rate (46.5%) of any of the Saints' mids.

359926.jpg

Home » Galleries » AFL 2015 Portraits - St Kilda
AFL 2015 Portraits St Kilda
Mon, 23rd Feb 2015
Image ID: 359926
David Armitage poses for a photograph during the St Kilda Saints 2015 team photo day at the Linen House Centre, Seaford on February 23, 2015. (Photo: Michael Willson/AFL Media)

David Armitage's new job: to fast-track the Saints

1429180172719.jpg

Armitage never wanted to be anywhere other than St Kilda, even given his long wait. Photo: Wayne Taylor

David Armitage had half an ear almost torn from his head as a teenager, but kept playing. Last year he cut his knee open so badly that he could see through to the kneecap, but he had the wound stitched up and went back onto the ground.

He knew, looking around at the start of summer, that he was surrounded by young midfielders and that it would be up to him to do even more of the hard work than usual. But he didn't need to think for too long about how he could best look after them, or show them what they needed to do.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...-to-fasttrack-the-saints-20150416-1mmmji.html

Last edited by a moderator:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

David Armitage averaging 30 disposals, 1 goal assist, 6 score involvements, 5 marks, 5 tackles, 1 hitout, 5 clearances, 6 inside 50s, 2 rebound 50s over the first four games of the year.

Really hope this isn't just a purple patch and he can sustain this form. Gives us such a huge lift when he plays well, really makes it easier for Steven and a lot of the younger guys.

45 touches, 5 marks, 5 tackles, 8 clearances, 1 goal.

Averaging 33.5 touches so far in his 6 games this year.

What a game. Loved this kid since he played his 3rd match in 2008. He might have taken a little longer than anticipated, but boy it's paying off now. Absolutely stepped up to the elite level this year.

So proud :D

"ST KILDA coach Alan Richardson says a more mature and professional David Armitage is the reason behind the 26-year-old's stunning start to the season.

The midfielder is arguably in career-best form, and was crucial to the Saints' historic come-from-behind win over the Western Bulldogs on Saturday at Etihad Stadium.

Armitage had a career-high 45 possessions (16 contested), eight clearances, five inside 50s and kicked a goal in the Saints thrilling seven point win. After six rounds, he is averaging 33.5 disposals per game, the best figures in his 113 game career. "

Read more: http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-05-09/armitage-is-the-man

Post Match:http://www.saints.com.au/video/2015-05-09/david-armitage-postmatch-rnd-6

"Oh mate, I'm that excited"

Beast.

billingsarmitage620.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back