2015 Round 1 Line up

Remove this Banner Ad

Unlike you I'm not a coward

I told Macca exactly what I thought of his coaching at club function and credit to the. Man he accepted it and said in entitled to that opinion

And to do it to Hroavts face I'd have to sit down

Why am I NOT allowed to think this kid isn't good enough? Why does it seem to be a crime to not think this bloke is the next saviour?

Gutless to have an opinion?

Lol wow you blokes are so weak you gang up and try to silence those who think differently.

Try have an opinion of your own not one your mates gave you or the club sells.

Right or wrong it's far from cowardly

Oh and I was before the draft and was on an AFL list but was simply not good enough to take the next step

Mattdougie,

You're allowed to think what you want. What I don't understand is what pleasure you get endlessly sniping your own clubs players and the kids especially.

Hrovat is a better player than you. He's still on a list - you didn't make it. Give the kid the goddam respect then that he can do something you have stated you were unable to do. He's 19 years old - he's played 19 games. You're entitled to an opinion that he MAY not make it but I'm astounded you call yourself a western bulldogs supporter and refuse to give a young man who is better than you at the game we love, in a jumper you profess to love, a chance to prove it one way or the other.

Your s**t about Caleb before the guy has completed a preseason is preemptively malicious. He may not make it, he has a shitload against him given size, but by god the kid has given himself as much of a chance as he can. He's again still on our list and deserves some respect from our "supporter" base as both club and player find out. He's also better at footy than you are by your own admission and deserves your respect. He made it, you didn't, nuff said.

Blocked, gone, everyone else can put up with your absolute garbage from here on. Enjoy wallowing in your endless sea of negativity...

See ya champ!

<inset thumbs up>

Last edited:
With the draftees we are until they are have played considerable number of games in no position to judge them or the recruiting staff. Would we do a better job? I don't believe so. We need to stick with our club and have hope they know what they are doing. Go the Mighty Bulldogs!!

Mattdougie,

You're allowed to think what you want. What I don't understand is what pleasure you get endlessly sniping your own clubs players and the kids especially.

Hrovat is a better player than you. He's still on a list - you didn't make it. Give the kid the goddam respect then that he can do something you have stated you were unable to do. He's 19 years old - he's played 19 games. You're entitled to an opinion that he MAY not make it but I'm astounded you call yourself a western bulldogs supporter and refuse to give a young man who is better than you at the game we love, in a jumper you profess to love, a chance to prove it one way or the other.

Your s**t about Caleb before the guy has completed a preseason is preemptively malicious. He may not make it, he has a shitload against him given size, but by god the kid has given himself as much of a chance as he can. He's again still on our list and deserves some respect form our "supporter" base as both club and player find out. He's also better at footy than you are by your own admission and deserves your respect. He made it, you didn't, nuff said.

Blocked, gone, everyone else can put up with your absolute garbage from here on. Enjoy wallowing in your endless sea of negativity...

See ya champ!

<inset thumbs up>

How is this about me??

Every bloke that pulls on an AFL jumper is better than me and I have no problem accepting that and don't carry any pathetic revenge thread coz I didn't and couldn't make it.

I didn't have the skill ability and most importantly absolute desire to do so and admit that freely.

I refuse to give him a chance?? Me saying he won't make it means I won't ever accet him if he proves me wrong which I've said countless times he may??

Wow this is clearly not about these blokes but about your dislike of me and that's fine but I don't have to dribble positives about everyone and won't

People were happen to can Jones Grant Fuller and co all last year but that's constructive criticism and I'm just vindictive? Haha

I've said 3 kids on our list won't make it !!! 3!!!! No more no less and that's constatnt negativity hahahha

Thank God u blocked me coz ivabnot stand people who live in fluffy houses and don't accept the real world

Enjoy your day wibble

Ok no problem. I disagree on JJ but that's ok. Agree Hunter will be very good once his kicking is under control. Love Grant. Love. Not sold on Redpath only because of his agility. Would love to be proven wrong though. He could be great with his size, aggression and ability to kick the ball.
Love hearing from the guys that have gotten down to WO that he seems a lot more mobile this preseason. Could seriously blossom into a good player this year.

How is this about me??

Every bloke that pulls on an AFL jumper is better than me and I have no problem accepting that and don't carry any pathetic revenge thread coz I didn't and couldn't make it.

I didn't have the skill ability and most importantly absolute desire to do so and admit that freely.

I refuse to give him a chance?? Me saying he won't make it means I won't ever accet him if he proves me wrong which I've said countless times he may??

Wow this is clearly not about these blokes but about your dislike of me and that's fine but I don't have to dribble positives about everyone and won't

People were happen to can Jones Grant Fuller and co all last year but that's constructive criticism and I'm just vindictive? Haha

I've said 3 kids on our list won't make it !!! 3!!!! No more no less and that's constatnt negativity hahahha

Thank God u blocked me coz ivabnot stand people who live in fluffy houses and don't accept the real world

Enjoy your day wibble

So you are saying James Mulligan was a better player than you?!?!?!

I just don't get why ya'll reply to MD's posts. They're so obviously jaded and trite that they're hardly worth acknowledging most of the time.

Sometimes they are like this. I have seen him state that if he is wrong he'll be the first to say so. For instance, I disagree with him on Hrovat. But he is entitled to his opinion. If it does turn out that he is wrong, then I'm confident he'd admit it. There are 2 other posters (I'm not a namer and shamer) who are a lot more one eyed IMO. MD is a colourful character who makes this board an interesting place at times, and at times he makes me want to throw the computer. But I'd prefer him online than offline.

Mattdougie,

Your s**t about Caleb before the guy has completed a preseason is preemptively malicious. He may not make it, he has a shitload against him given size, but by god the kid has given himself as much of a chance as he can. He's again still on our list and deserves some respect from our "supporter" base as both club and player find out. He's also better at footy than you are by your own admission and deserves your respect. He made it, you didn't, nuff said.

See ya champ!

<inset thumbs up>
I understand your problems over MDs posts. I like his posts because he doesn't live in a world where every player on our list is a potential champion. Unfortunately too many people on our forum are not truthful in analysis of our team. Statistics paint some of the picture, but when you watch someone play you get the idea if they are going to be a good player for the club or not. In general I think MD is pretty much spot on with his observations.
If we were at a pub and talking about players after a few beers the same negative things would be said about certain players. You might disagree with my assessment, and I disagree with your assessment and that is fine. The thing is there are very few players that everyone would agree on, I will give an example.
Mitch Wallis- My opinion is that he will make it, but not as the player he was recruited as. He will be a long-term player and leader of the club. Others think he is limited and may struggle to get match time. That we have plenty of similar type players. I have read these comments but thats what makes the forums what they are.

Sometimes MD is negative but I prefer his posts than someone who continuously over-exaggerates our development or good games. We all know how good Libba is and how exciting Bonts is. I am in the camp that Hrovat is surplus to our needs, he might be a reasonable player in the future. I would have been willing to trade him to get a deal done. I feel no shame in saying that, I want our club to improve and would consider any trade within reason if I think the overall result improves our club.
Thats just my two cents worth, I hope MD keeps his posts up because at least agree or not they provide talking points.
They are certainly not ill-thought posts.

Sometimes they are like this. I have seen him state that if he is wrong he'll be the first to say so. For instance, I disagree with him on Hrovat. But he is entitled to his opinion. If it does turn out that he is wrong, then I'm confident he'd admit it. There are 2 other posters (I'm not a namer and shamer) who are a lot more one eyed IMO. MD is a colourful character who makes this board an interesting place at times, and at times he makes me want to throw the computer. But I'd prefer him online than offline.

Yeah spot on. It's only opinion and we all have different views. I'm all for arguing the case rather than blocking people I don't agree with. I'm all for some well argued spirited debate as long as it does not get too personal and it can happen easily on here if you are not careful.

Bazza, did you read the way he reacted to my criticism, his posts that continually attack young players, 18 and 19 year old's who have just made an AFL LIST, they are just ridiculous, yes they are cowardly and serve no benifit, WHAT IS HIS POINT?????
He his only interested is self glorification, and believes his own bullshit, sure he can post what he likes, who cares, but block me, he is just a SOOK. Give me a break.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Alright, that's enough now. MD is entitled to his opinion, we've seen this argument 4000 times, and nobody wants to read it again. Any more posts about it will just be deleted.

I hear that A Cordy is having shoulder issues again so round 1 not looking good for him and could this mean the end for him?

Surely it's his last chance this year

On a positive not I really hope Darley and Biggs can take the half back flanks spots and release Murph to the forward line for his last couple years his delivery down Boyds throat will be great to watch

Last edited by a moderator:
I hear that A Cordy is having shoulder issues again so round 1 not looking good for him and could this mean the end for him?

Surely it's his last chance this year
If I could use one gif to describe how I think Ayce looks on the footy field, at AFL level anyway
1zfqzaw.gif

My round 1 line up:

FB: Picken Rough Wood
HB: Morris Roberts Biggs
C: JJ. Wallis. Stevens
HF: Dahl. Redpath Crameri
FF: Stringer T. Boyd Dickson
R: Minson. Libba. Bonti

INT: Daniel. Jong Hrovat
SUB: Hunter

Hopefully Cordy makes his way in as a FP/2nd ruck, and when Smith returns Daniel most likely comes out on paper, but who knows what might happen.

My round 1 line up:

FB: Picken Rough Wood
HB: Morris Roberts Biggs
C: JJ. Wallis. Stevens
HF: Dahl. Redpath Crameri
FF: Stringer T. Boyd Dickson
R: Minson. Libba. Bonti

INT: Daniel. Jong Hrovat
SUB: Hunter

Hopefully Cordy makes his way in as a FP/2nd ruck, and when Smith returns Daniel most likely comes out on paper, but who knows what might happen.

Do you not think your bench and sub line is a little bit small mate?

Do you not think your bench and sub line is a little bit small mate?
I think I have decided that you must have been too short to make it at AFL. Didn't have quite the skill level to make up for it. Perhaps were better skills than others who went past you, but were repeatedly told that you were too short to make it.
The line up you are commenting on is a bit light on for KPP, but you focus on the height of the mids on the bench. Perhaps commenting that an extra KPP on this team, would give it more match up options.

Please, people.

LEAVE IT ALONE

We've been through this literally a thousand times. We don't need to go through it all over again.

MD doesn't think that short people have a good chance of making it unless they have an elite characteristic, and there's no room for many in a team. Arguing with him will change nothing and will do nothing but waste your time.

Please, for the sake of Bontempelli, drop it.

Last edited:
I think I have decided that you must have been too short to make it at AFL. Didn't have quite the skill level to make up for it. Perhaps were better skills than others who went past you, but were repeatedly told that you were too short to make it.
The line up you are commenting on is a bit light on for KPP, but you focus on the height of the mids on the bench. Perhaps commenting that an extra KPP on this team, would give it more match up options.

Lol no I'm 6 foot 2 mate simply wasn't good enough

Think we need at least one tall option on the bench apart from the smallers guys no matter who they are

Just team balance not a player issue

Remove this Banner Ad

Back