Peptides! *The * Dopers: come smell the bull****! ESSENDON FANS NOT WANTED

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Galbally it was, I think, who said that Kurt Tippett shouldn't be expected to abide by any contract because, despite being an adult when he signed it, he probably didn't understand it properly, and ...errrr...young men sometimes got things wrong...and ...the vibe of it...

Leading Melbourne lawyer David Galbally says James Hird is unlikely to succeed in his Federal Court appeal but, citing an AFL case almost 20 years old, expects the Essendon players to escape punishment before the league's anti-doping tribunal.

The anti-doping case resumed behind closed doors in the Victorian County Court on Tuesday, with David Grace, QC, representing 32 of the 34 current and former players charged with taking a banned substance, and Neil Clelland, QC, representing former Bombers Stewart Crameri and Brent Prismall, delivering their opening submissions.

I retract the flog part. The guy is a respected member of the legal fraternity.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...ared-says-david-galbally-20150120-12ua9u.html
You were right the first time... The word "respected" should never precede the phrase "member of the legal fraternity"..

Leading Melbourne lawyer David Galbally says James Hird is unlikely to succeed in his Federal Court appeal but, citing an AFL case almost 20 years old, expects the Essendon players to escape punishment before the league's anti-doping tribunal.

The anti-doping case resumed behind closed doors in the Victorian County Court on Tuesday, with David Grace, QC, representing 32 of the 34 current and former players charged with taking a banned substance, and Neil Clelland, QC, representing former Bombers Stewart Crameri and Brent Prismall, delivering their opening submissions.

I retract the flog part. The guy is a respected member of the legal fraternity.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...ared-says-david-galbally-20150120-12ua9u.html
The league only signed up to the WADA code in about 2005/06. Don't think precedence prior to the code being adopted is that relevant.

The league only signed up to the WADA code in about 2005/06. Don't think precedence prior to the code being adopted is that relevant.
I was thinking exactly the same thing.

The Essendon PR machine is in full flight…..as it needs to be. They are pushing the Bombers 'brand' (a loose term if there ever was one) like I have never seen before. Can look at it in two ways I suppose, harm minimisation or creating as much of a cushion as possible for a hard landing.

Whatever it takes to get off right?

Respected Gallaby is but he's clutching at straws here.

The AFL is a signatory to the WADA code, not the Manangatang Football and Netball Club Code of Conduct.

Can't blame them for trying everything but under the strict liability regime of WADA where an athlete is ultimately responsible, the East German weightlifter or Chinese swimmer it Russian gymnast excuse of being told or given it by a medico or club official just won't cut it.

Last edited:
From the article
Galbally said the players had a "bona fide" defence under the AFL's rules in "that they did what they were told to do", and cited the defence he used for former Brisbane premiership star Alastair Lynch in 1998.
Sounds like somebody's in for a rude shock that the world has moved on since 1998.

DHEA?? ... That's part of his precedent/defense?!! ... Hold on, I gotta stop laughing.
.. Has a mild effect at best, it was legal in Australia until the mid / late 90's.

Biggest issue here is proving the drugs bought by Essendon were actually injected in to the players.

As we all know... Essendon didnt just go spend 60k on peptides, to throw them in the bin - makes no sense.
.. I have no doubt, whatever the club bought .. It was almost certainly injected in to the players.

This is far more serious than Saad - Systematic doping of the whole playing group should carry life bans for coaches/admin.

Burn the place down I say ... Turn them in to the Auckland Bombers!

Whatever it takes to get off right?

Respected Gallaby is but he's clutching at straws here.

The AFL is a signatory to the WADA code, not the Manangatang Football and Netball Club Code of Conduct.

Can't blame them for trying everything but under the strict liability regime of WADA where an athlete is ultimately responsible, the East German weightlifter or Chinese swimmer it Russian gymnast excuse of being told or given it by a medico or club official just won't cut it.
Met David a few times professionally over the years and he's a nice fella, but very much the spin doctor/marketer. He's just keeping his name in lights. Would take his comments with a pinch of salt.
Will fall off my horse if the scum players are for all intents and purposes let off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

DHEA?? ... That's part of his precedent/defense?!! ... Hold on, I gotta stop laughing.
.. Has a mild effect at best, it was legal in Australia until the mid / late 90's.

Biggest issue here is proving the drugs bought by Essendon were actually injected in to the players.

As we all know... Essendon didnt just go spend 60k on peptides, to throw them in the bin - makes no sense.
.. I have no doubt, whatever the club bought .. It was almost certainly injected in to the players.

This is far more serious than Saad - Systematic doping of the whole playing group should carry life bans for coaches/admin.

Burn the place down I say ... Turn them in to the Auckland Bombers!
And so then we go to the evidence at hand...

"Thymosin" on the consent form.

Alavi referring to TB4 as Thymosin on a site backing up its properties.
Dank referring to TB4 as Thymosin on one of his businesses sites.
Dank telling Fairfax that he used TB4 at Essendon and why.

Players texting each other about the "Thymo".

Now, if Essendon could just show where or how anything but Thymosin was injected.

And so then we go to the evidence at hand...

"Thymosin" on the consent form.

Alavi referring to TB4 as Thymosin on a site backing up its properties.
Dank referring to TB4 as Thymosin on one of his businesses sites.
Dank telling Fairfax that he used TB4 at Essendon and why.

Players texting each other about the "Thymo".

Now, if Essendon could just show where or how anything but Thymosin was injected.
Players admitting to being injected per the recommended TB4 injection schedule.

I love how the afl drop tidbits in an attempt to soften up supporters of the game prior to them delivering something they know will polarise opinions

http://m.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news...approval-to-play-nab-cup-20150123-12x5yk.html

Does anyone really believe that the afl won't let them play
If the tribunal is ongoing, it will look pretty poor.

Meanwhile.....
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...195249617?nk=eaceb359f6ee44df9da5a6a815647c58
The AFL conducted backroom negotiations without the knowledge of the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority in a failed bid to secure guilty pleas from current and former Essendon footballers accused of taking a banned peptide.
It is understood that Peter Gordon, an influential figure in Melbourne legal circles and president of the Western Bulldogs Football Club, was personally involved in negotiations to settle the case against the Bulldogs’ star forward Stewart Crameri.
Under a potential plea bargain discussed between counsel for the AFL Jeff Gleeson SC and legal representatives acting for Crameri and Bulldogs reserves player Brent Prismall, a two month suspension was suggested and ultimately, rejected.

Oh, but the tribunal is taking its time, and I think it's important that they do so.
The AFL also raised the idea of a plea with lawyers representing the other 32 players. The suggestion was rejected out of hand.
The secret talks took place last week amid growing concerns within the AFL and affected clubs that the anti-doping tribunal may not decide the case before this year’s football season starts.
The 34 players are provisionally suspended pending the outcome of the case.
Essendon will enter the 2015 season with only half a playing list to pick a team from if the tribunal does not hand down a finding before the opening round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back