Past #24: Sam Durdin - delisted after 21 NM games/1 NM goal - thanks Durds (drafted by Carlton in '22 MSD)

Remove this Banner Ad

As a father of a 3yo, and therefore a regular ABC2 watcher, I'm calling "tickets please" for those wanting to board the Durdinasaur Train!
I do like the theme song on Dinosaur Train, and reckon Durdin may well be a star for us.

On a side note, got my 10 year bigfooty notification on Saturday, apparently I've lingered here for long enough to get my 'Stalkers Certificate'.

As a father of a 3yo, and therefore a regular ABC2 watcher, I'm calling "tickets please" for those wanting to board the Durdinasaur Train!
I do like the theme song on Dinosaur Train, and reckon Durdin may well be a star for us.

On a side note, got my 10 year bigfooty notification on Saturday, apparently I've lingered here for long enough to get my 'Stalkers Certificate'.
Thanks Buddy!!!! Or should I say conductor???

Kid moves really well for his size

Evw and Nielson should be reliable For the club for the next 10 years but Durdin has potential to be a star or even a super star we all should be excited about Durdin

I'm not heartened to hear we're intentionally trying to make a "swingman" out of Sam. What's wrong with the old formula?: use a high pick on a tall, give him the best chance to become a KPF, really hope he succeeds, if that fails send him to defence.

I'm not heartened to hear we're intentionally trying to make a "swingman" out of Sam. What's wrong with the old formula?: use a high pick on a tall, give him the best chance to become a KPF, really hope he succeeds, if that fails send him to defence.
I'm the same. We don't have a great history with swingmen.

I'm the same. We don't have a great history with swingmen.
To be fair, from all reports it sounds like Durdin is already a swingman (as likely to be the first ruck as CHB or CHF) and the club is choosing to develop him according to his natural inclination but I think there's something to be said about taking a young player and saying "this is a new level, we're going to knock you down, build you up and make the best possible player we think we can out of you". Reach for the stars, one bucket handed super aggressive mobile CHF please.

To be fair, from all reports it sounds like Durdin is already a swingman (as likely to be the first ruck as CHB or CHF) and the club is choosing to develop him according to his natural inclination but I think there's something to be said about taking a young player and saying "this is a new level, we're going to knock you down, build you up and make the best possible player we think we can out of you". Reach for the stars, one bucket handed super aggressive mobile CHF please.

10 year gun CHB (Harry Taylor like) please

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The words of Gavin brown ring in my head every day we have a ripper that's all I have to say abut Durdin

No offense to Sam but thats a really weird contract extension. I mean he hasn't even stepped on a field yet, I'm as excited as the next person for his possible talent but this is a little baffling

Honest question that I can't solve. Would you rather him develop into the best chb or the best chf?

KnK2O88.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back