2015 QAFA (B) Central

Remove this Banner Ad

Exaggerating....? Never!!

The Woodsmen are happy in this division. Never considered an option to go up..... They could never field that many players for 2 teams. Sometimes they struggle for enough for even one on some weeks!!

Plus the Friday night thing is too attractive for the older blokes who have commitments on Saturdays
but not all clubs in this division have lights , so it s not just as Friday night league at all.

Mostly Friday nights but not all and with more clubs looking to join, ground availability may mean even less Friday night games.

but not all clubs in this division have lights , so it s not just as Friday night league at all.

Mostly Friday nights but not all and with more clubs looking to join, ground availability may mean even less Friday night games.

The idea of the comp is to be a friday night competition. That is what separates the comp from QAFA A and other SE QLD comps. Sure Jimboomba doesn't have lights, but that only affects their home games. There are plenty of other grounds that can be used on a friday night if a ground doesn't have lights, or the lights aren't up to standard. The Woodsmen played all their home games at Moorooka last year.

Raz I never suggested it was a Friday night only league, just that it suits the Woodsmen players to play Friday night. That's one of the reasons they stay in this league.

And I thought AFLQ wanted this to be a Friday night league (predominately)....... Spreads the need for officials I would have thought.

Raz I never suggested it was a Friday night only league, just that it suits the Woodsmen players to play Friday night. That's one of the reasons they stay in this league.

And I thought AFLQ wanted this to be a Friday night league (predominately)....... Spreads the need for officials I would have thought.
If clubs want to play Saturday they should be allowed to. Aflq have never had enough umpires that's why all clubs have thier own umpires. Just wondering what fees cover as clubs supply umpires field and boundary and goals. Also maintain their own grounds and facilities. Seems to me the draw is the only thing you get for your money. So if some clubs need Saturday football to gain income that's what they should receive.

If clubs want to play Saturday they should be allowed to. Aflq have never had enough umpires that's why all clubs have thier own umpires. Just wondering what fees cover as clubs supply umpires field and boundary and goals. Also maintain their own grounds and facilities. Seems to me the draw is the only thing you get for your money. So if some clubs need Saturday football to gain income that's what they should receive.

Majority of players in this league play in the league because of the Friday nights. If they are going to start playing Saturdays all over the place, teams will struggle to fill numbers they normally rely on Friday nights making easy for them. Keep it open to clubs with lights and keep the majority happy.

Majority of players in this league play in the league because of the Friday nightO If they are going to start playing Saturdays all over the place, teams will struggle to fill numbers they normally rely on Friday nights making easy for them. Keep it open to clubs with lights and keep the majority happy.
I'm not sure where your survey came from but I know a lot of players and clubs would be OK with a mix of Friday and Saturday footy. In case and point I know of players who were a bit put out that the gf was not played on a Saturday. You have to do what's best for your own club to survive with ever increasing costs to keep a team on the park. Its not going to suit everybody but the comp is changing year by year. That's footy got to role with it.

I'm not sure where your survey came from but I know a lot of players and clubs would be OK with a mix of Friday and Saturday footy. In case and point I know of players who were a bit put out that the gf was not played on a Saturday. You have to do what's best for your own club to survive with ever increasing costs to keep a team on the park. Its not going to suit everybody but the comp is changing year by year. That's footy got to role with it.

Happyo hear differnet from other already in this comp. the entire Woodsmen side is about Friday nights I'm pretty sure. Hopefully a club dropping down divisions after losing over 50 players doesn't think they should come into a new doc and call the shots?

Majority of players in this league play in the league because of the Friday nights. If they are going to start playing Saturdays all over the place, teams will struggle to fill numbers they normally rely on Friday nights making easy for them. Keep it open to clubs with lights and keep the majority happy.

Megaman knows where it's at. Friday night fixtures are what separates this league from all the others. Which is why it cant really be compared to any other SE QLD league. This gives an option to a lot of players to stay out there on the park having a kick, when otherwise they either wouldn't be able to or wouldn't want to. For anyone that wants to play footy on a Saturday, there are an abundance of teams and comps that solely play Saturday afternoons, in particular the QAFA A reserves comp, which is much weaker than the B Central comp.

No
Happyo hear differnet from other already in this comp. the entire Woodsmen side is about Friday nights I'm pretty sure. Hopefully a club dropping down divisions after losing over 50 players doesn't think they should come into a new doc and call the shots?

Its not about one club there are a few clubs that simply don't have the lights good enough to provide a safe environment.

Clubs involved ???

As previously mentioned, Woodsmen played all their home games at Moorooka last year due to their lighting not being up to scratch. I am sure any other club would be able to come up with a secondary club as a viable option to play their home games at if required. I am sure the Woodsmen would not have handed over any large sums of money to play there.

That's what the comp is about, Friday night footy, gotta role with it !!!

Its not about one club there are a few clubs that simply don't have the lights good enough to provide a safe environment.

From my reading of this comp, a few start up clubs play home games on a Saturday, the rest Friday nights. Which is why this comp is able to attract handy players and keep guys playing footy. Once Saturdays become even semi regular the whole comp focus shifts and the comp loses its appeal to a great majority.

Clubs involved ???

As previously mentioned, Woodsmen played all their home games at Moorooka last year due to their lighting not being up to scratch. I am sure any other club would be able to come up with a secondary club as a viable option to play their home games at if required. I am sure the Woodsmen would not have handed over any large sums of money to play there.

That's what the comp is about, Friday night footy, gotta role with it !!!
You keep going back to the woodsmen mate
There is more than one club in Brisbane. Lights cost a lot of money to keep up to scratch not just running them but to fix blown or broken ones. The woodsmen use other grounds good luck to them. What would happen if they had to come up with 15 grand to fix them. You would I'm sure still want to play footy. Football is a community game and to lose sight of that would be selfish. Junior numbers are on the rise and ground availability then becomes a issue. There are more factors involved than I think you understand. If it can be played on Friday good but if you have to play Saturday so be it. Its about footy and that's what's important.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You keep going back to the woodsmen mate
There is more than one club in Brisbane. Lights cost a lot of money to keep up to scratch not just running them but to fix blown or broken ones. The woodsmen use other grounds good luck to them. What would happen if they had to come up with 15 grand to fix them. You would I'm sure still want to play footy. Football is a community game and to lose sight of that would be selfish. Junior numbers are on the rise and ground availability then becomes a issue. There are more factors involved than I think you understand. If it can be played on Friday good but if you have to play Saturday so be it. Its about footy and that's what's important.

I referred to the Woodsmen because they were playing their home games at an alternative venue. And from the whispers going round, it sounds like their home games will be back at Chelmer because their lights will be upgraded, or already have been, and someone else intends to play home games at Moorooka. Not sure on where you are going with the ground availability argument, but spare grounds and umpires are always going to be much easier to find on a Friday night compared with a Saturday afternoon. You are preaching about your knowledge on this subject and convey absolutely nothing to prove it. So what are some of these factors you are referring to ?? And answer the previous question, which clubs do not have suitable facilities ??

I referred to the Woodsmen because they were playing their home games at an alternative venue. And from the whispers going round, it sounds like their home games will be back at Chelmer because their lights will be upgraded, or already have been, and someone else intends to play home games at Moorooka. Not sure on where you are going with the ground availability argument, but spare grounds and umpires are always going to be much easier to find on a Friday night compared with a Saturday afternoon. You are preaching about your knowledge on this subject and convey absolutely nothing to prove it. So what are some of these factors you are referring to ?? And answer the previous question, which clubs do not have suitable facilities ??

Old mate is Kedron coach I believe so it seems like he is talking about the Red Legs.

I have been contacted by a couple of clubs feeling out Saturday footy. If that's what they need to play then happy to help them. Won't mention them as that would be disrespectful. Junior teams play on Friday nites. If any club has special needs than we all should help. Without teams no footy.

Well that is bizarre because Kedron 3rds played all their home games on Friday night last year. Their facilities were well up to scratch. Was just effing cold there in the middle of winter cause it sits in a valley.

Do Kedron still have a team in the higher grades. As (and correct me if I'm wrong) I would have thought a comp played predominantly on Fridays would suit teams like Kedron, Kenmore, yeronga etc. As blokes can have a kick on Friday and then the juniors, raffles and crowds can all build up on Saturdays leading into their clubs higher profile QFA and QAFL games.
Of course there's always going to be few teams playing Saturdays as they push for a higher division or look to establish themselves as the number one local senior team, which is fair enough. But I thought the Friday night concept was generally well received.

Do Kedron still have a team in the higher grades. As (and correct me if I'm wrong) I would have thought a comp played predominantly on Fridays would suit teams like Kedron, Kenmore, yeronga etc. As blokes can have a kick on Friday and then the juniors, raffles and crowds can all build up on Saturdays leading into their clubs higher profile QFA and QAFL games.
Of course there's always going to be few teams playing Saturdays as they push for a higher division or look to establish themselves as the number one local senior team, which is fair enough. But I thought the Friday night concept was generally well received.

No Thurgood, they don't. It seems as if Kedron will be down to one senior team which will play in this comp this year. A lot of speculation on why, and a lot of their players jumped ship.

Of course there's always going to be few teams playing Saturdays as they push for a higher division or look to establish themselves as the number one local senior team, which is fair enough. But I thought the Friday night concept was generally well received.[/QUOT

T
No Thurgood, they don't. It seems as if Kedron will be down to one senior team which will play in this comp this year. A lot of speculation on why, and a lot of their players jumped ship.

Bummer, too bad.
I guess it's just a horses for courses situation In relation to grounds and times then, but I've always enjoyed being able to watch some QAFA B on a Friday and then my local QAFL team on a Saturday. its a wonder how UQ manage with teams in every div in QLD haha

I have been contacted by a couple of clubs feeling out Saturday footy. If that's what they need to play then happy to help them. Won't mention them as that would be disrespectful. Junior teams play on Friday nites. If any club has special needs than we all should help. Without teams no footy.

Lets speculate a little then. Jimboomba will always play on a Saturday afternoon as there is not a ground within cooee that would be suitable to use as a home ground on a Friday night. That, and the extra travelling distance for all teams to play there, and everyone in this comp is accepting of the fact that their games are Saturday afternoon.

Greater Springfield, are in the infancy of a new club, without facilities, and are trying to make a go of it. They played home games on a Saturday as all they had to work with was a school ground, which sounds like will be similar this year. Fair enough, and they seemed more than willing to play away games every other Friday night.

Every other club, with the exception of Morningside if they do end up joining the comp, played in last years competition and would have seen how well the Friday night games worked. It also seems like there is a developing interest in this comp because it is played on a Friday night.

So, why else would anyone be now considering that they need to play on a Saturday, SE Qld's busiest day of footy ??

Lets speculate a little then. Jimboomba will always play on a Saturday afternoon as there is not a ground within cooee that would be suitable to use as a home ground on a Friday night. That, and the extra travelling distance for all teams to play there, and everyone in this comp is accepting of the fact that their games are Saturday afternoon.

Greater Springfield, are in the infancy of a new club, without facilities, and are trying to make a go of it. They played home games on a Saturday as all they had to work with was a school ground, which sounds like will be similar this year. Fair enough, and they seemed more than willing to play away games every other Friday night.

Every other club, with the exception of Morningside if they do end up joining the comp, played in last years competition and would have seen how well the Friday night games worked. It also seems like there is a developing interest in this comp because it is played on a Friday night.

So, why else would anyone be now considering that they need to play on a Saturday, SE Qld's busiest day of footy ??
Keep speculating you have missed a couple. While your there how many teams will be in this comp and do you think it will be split into north south.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back