One blokes QAFL footy season experience, documented. (2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

Baulchy being the old bloke at 22!!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Very mature for his age. Has some good stuff in his head. Seems to realize his success isnt going gauged by the ultimate level he plays in footy, but what he builds and invests in over his journey. The impressive thing is he is building it around what he loves the most. (I mean footy, not himself haha).

The bloke who loves his job, never has to go to work..

Very mature for his age. Has some good stuff in his head. Seems to realize his success isnt going gauged by the ultimate level he plays in footy, but what he builds and invests in over his journey. The impressive thing is he is building it around what he loves the most. (I mean footy, not himself haha).

The bloke who loves his job, never has to go to work..

This BigFooty.com forum was mentioned to me by a few blokes from the footy club. It’s truly humbling to see people talking about it in footy forums and saying some really positive things.

I must admit, I really didn’t expect the feedback to be so positive, sometimes it takes a bit to push past the stigma of what it might look like from an outsiders perspective (over-confident, arrogant, selfish)…

All I want to do is shine some light on footy here in Queensland (how competitive it is) and give people some education on how to level up their game as best they can (mainly younger footballers).

Not sure what the future holds past this season, but for now I just want to see how far the Noosa Tigers can go in 2022! We have a great bunch of blokes and a really strong bond within the team. Hopefully we can keep it going.

Again, thanks for the kind words. Means the world!

Prime

No, that's not accurate.

He made a late decision, that's correct - but we were well aware he had trained at Noosa as much as he trained with us. Several Sherwood ppl are involved with Buffs in Darwin as well, so communication was frequent and open.

We understood the reality, we wanted him to stay, he wanted to stay - but the logistics made zero sense to him (or us) and playing in Noosa was the logical conclusion.

Would we have liked to know exactly what was happening sooner than we did? Sure.

Did he act dishonestly or do anything 'dirty'? Absolutely not.

In fact, the delay was probably more to do with Tom looking for a way to make it work, but in the end it made no sense. We have another situation the same with a guy who moved to GC as well, but he just chose not to play at all.

Baulchy stuck around well after the game on Saturday (despite being on losing side) spoke to our junior kids spoke to ex teammates, coaches, old boys etc and was welcomed as he always will be, same as his folks who always patronise our bar and canteen well and love a post game function!

Zero animosity, no further comment required from us.

Thanks Tommo. Really appreciate you clearing this up, bloody love ya mate and love Sherwood, anyone at the club knows that.

Sorry about the bar / canteen, those things just know how to take my money!

This BigFooty.com forum was mentioned to me by a few blokes from the footy club. It’s truly humbling to see people talking about it in footy forums and saying some really positive things.

I must admit, I really didn’t expect the feedback to be so positive, sometimes it takes a bit to push past the stigma of what it might look like from an outsiders perspective (over-confident, arrogant, selfish)…

All I want to do is shine some light on footy here in Queensland (how competitive it is) and give people some education on how to level up their game as best they can (mainly younger footballers).

Not sure what the future holds past this season, but for now I just want to see how far the Noosa Tigers can go in 2022! We have a great bunch of blokes and a really strong bond within the team. Hopefully we can keep it going.

Prime

Mate, youve found a niche and do a great job. Off season, working holiday idea?

European Championships​

October 5th-8th, 2022​

The premier full scale, 18-a-side Australian Football event held in Europe runs across three-days triennially and is a major part of national team preparations ahead of the AFL International Cup that occurs the following year.

Dates: October 5th-8th, 2022

Last edited:
Mate, youve found a niche and do a great job. Off season, working holiday idea?

European Championships​

October 5th-8th, 2022​

The premier full scale, 18-a-side Australian Football event held in Europe runs across three-days triennially and is a major part of national team preparations ahead of the AFL International Cup that occurs the following year.

Dates: October 5th-8th, 2022

That actually looks pretty incredible. I usually play NTFL in the summer and would love to go back to my beloved Darwin Buffaloes, but would also love to do this.

Sounds like fun for sure.

Primes last weeks video nearly doubled his average game day video views!

Prime

Found this series/production through this thread, awesome stuff.

My 2 youngens (10 & 12) are playing in a 12s final AT Sherwood (Jindalee v Sandgate) on Sunday and they're now hooked on these vids.

I've been recording their games for a while now (it makes me shut up and just watch the game) and my 10yo asked why the production value isn't like this :p

They (and me) love that it shines a spotlight on our local QLD teams and how good the footy is up here.

Keep it up Prime!!!!

Grange not shown in a hugely positive light in the latest vid. Not really fair coverage imo, selective editing etc.

Having a crack at the best footballer in QLD over the past decade is a bit rich. Bloke is a champion of our local game.

Grange not shown in a hugely positive light in the latest vid. Not really fair coverage imo, selective editing etc.

Having a crack at the best footballer in QLD over the past decade is a bit rich. Bloke is a champion of our local game.

Mate, youve been hounding Grange about their aggressive antics all year..FFS!

Pretty entertaining actually. Dont think ive seen anything like it as far as tracking how sledging may have an effect on a game. From what he said about their last clash, he was going to cop some whacks anyway, so his intent was to make them go overboard. The tactic seemed to have worked a bit as he did recieve penalties (kicked a goal from one?) and some opposition players did buy into it a bit too much.

As for the editing/opinion, It is his show after all...

Last edited:
hey, I think Grange are complete knobs, many of their players aren't good blokes and their coaching crew are taking their club south and probably the reason many of their players carry on like they do. However I'm an anonymous guy on a forum with a readership of about 7 blokes talking about the the same thing every week.

This is a video with over 1 million views from a known source, and directly sledges an absolute champion of local footy who was won something like 7 league medals at NEAFL/QAFL level and 11 club Best & Fairests. No matter what I think of Grange, Payne is someone I have the utmost respect for.

As always, just my (anonymous/cowardly) opinion ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hey, I think Grange are complete knobs, many of their players aren't good blokes and their coaching crew are taking their club south and probably the reason many of their players carry on like they do. However I'm an anonymous guy on a forum with a readership of about 7 blokes talking about the the same thing every week.

This is a video with over 1 million views from a known source, and directly sledges an absolute champion of local footy who was won something like 7 league medals at NEAFL/QAFL level and 11 club Best & Fairests. No matter what I think of Grange, Payne is someone I have the utmost respect for.

As always, just my (anonymous/cowardly) opinion ;)

He wishes he got 1 million views! :tearsofjoy:

I dont think Payne came off too badly. Prime even said they were mates didnt he? Id be surprised if he is that precious. They were team mates at Aspley?

An interesting vid would be Baulch interviewing Payne on his career..

Last edited:
He wishes he got 1 million views! :tearsofjoy:

I dont think Payne came off too badly. Prime even said they were mates didnt he? Id be surprised if he is that precious. They were team mates at Aspley?

An interesting vid would be Baulch interviewing Payne on his career..

They are actually good mates, I don’t think there is anyone in Qld footy that doesn’t respect Payney.

"loves to abuse his teammates" isn't complimentary.

'Context' .. Look it up.

Miller, would slandering players, coaches, clubs and committee members whilst hiding behind 'assumed' anonymity, on a work PC, during work hours, be 'complimentary' to an employer?

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back