Certified Legendary Thread The absolute brilliance that is the C9 commentary team. CC: Brad McNamara

Remove this Banner Ad

Warne and Slats commentating together had moments today where they reverted back to their usual selves.

I thought the commentary was good today. The only one that seemed out of his depth was Brendon Julian. He either states the obvious or says something silly. The rest, I liked. Nice to see a mixture of Channel 9, Fox Sports and Sky all mixed into one ensemble. Much less drivel as a result.

Warne and Slats commentating together had moments today where they reverted back to their usual selves.

Yeah but were only running at half flog. Game against kiwis could be the one where they open it up and go full flog. Can't see them doing it against a minnow side unless someone smashes a quick 100 plus.

Yeah but were only running at half flog. Game against kiwis could be the one where they open it up and go full flog. Can't see them doing it against a minnow side unless someone smashes a quick 100 plus.

They won't be doing anything Star Sports doesn't want them to. Star Sports won't be doing anything 'matey', because they aren't a FTA network that think they need to do that.

You seem a bit touchy there matey. I hope they don't carry on but past history tells us the odds of it happening are higher than it not. Picture this Aussies on the ropes. Five down for SFA a heroic Clarke smashes his and team to a backs against the wall win with a wicket in hand. Where nobody else scores over 20. Warnes in the box still feeling upset at the harsh treatment he feels his buddy got. You seriously think Warnie will hold back

You seem a bit touchy there matey. I hope they don't carry on but past history tells us the odds of it happening are higher than it not. Picture this Aussies on the ropes. Five down for SFA a heroic Clarke smashes his and team to a backs against the wall win with a wicket in hand. Where nobody else scores over 20. Warnes in the box still feeling upset at the harsh treatment he feels his buddy got. You seriously think Warnie will hold back

I'm not being touchy. I'm pointing out that the responsibility for the way the commentators behave falls on those telling them how to behave.

If they are working for Star Sports/ICC broadcaster they'll bloody well commentate the way they're directed them too i.e. properly. When they work for Nine they're told to be yobs.

Are Nine entirely simulcasting another broadcast or just the match commentary? (I was at the game.)

If they are working for Star Sports/ICC broadcaster they'll bloody well commentate the way they're directed them too i.e. properly. When they work for Nine they're told to be yobs.

Are Nine entirely simulcasting another broadcast or just the match commentary? (I was at the game.)

The match broadcast is simulcast. Nine do their own studio things before, between innings and after.

a great effort by c9 again, not showing the Pak vs India game. apparently a billion people will be watching it worldwide except Australia. strange when you considering the world cup is being hosted in Australia & there are millions of the indians & Pakies living here now days & are cricket nuts

a great effort by c9 again, not showing the Pak vs India game. apparently a billion people will be watching it worldwide except Australia. strange when you considering the world cup is being hosted in Australia & there are millions of the indians & Pakies living here now days & are cricket nuts

Nine only bought the rights to the Australian pool matches, and the finals. They don't have the option of showing this game or not.

Nine only bought the rights to the Australian pool matches, and the finals. They don't have the option of showing this game or not.
I'm listening to it on good old radio Aunty. :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

images

Warne is so much better when he's not commentating on an Australia match.

Always felt he was a different, more insightful, more relaxed commentator when he does work with Sky in England. Thought he was very good to listen to for the India vs Pakistan game as he's a neutral.

I like Harsha in the box because for me there's still room for a commentator from a journalism background. That said, if it wasn't for Boycott's frequent banter, many younger listeners would never know Aggers played for England so good is he behind the mic.

Mike Atherton is the best. You get the feeling he really knows everyone in the business such is the way he can strike a good note with commentators from around the world. Particularly as he's usually with the Sky guys. Plus he combines a journalistic attitude along with his own cricketing career very well.

Early days but the combination of commentators is a throwback when you used to see neutral commentators for different series around the world. Much more fun to listen in to and it isn't the matey atmosphere you get for nowadays when you'll have all Aussie, all English, all Indian commentators etc for their home series.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back