Certified Legendary Thread The absolute brilliance that is the C9 commentary team. CC: Brad McNamara

Remove this Banner Ad

At least he has stopped saying 'i recken' every second sentence
Sometimes I can't watch cricket on the Foxtel I pay for because of where I live, so I streamed it on the internet.

Getting rid of a lot of the idiots from the channel 9 commentary team for the WC was nice. They can still * off Brayshaw, Healy and Slater. Taylor can stay because he's usually with it and informed, if not occasionally coming across as a bit of a nuff nuff dag dad than a real professional.

Boycott may have been dropped for slow play but he is the first to admit on TMS that just because he played in a certain manner does not mean that is the right way to go nowadays even if he still rightly bemoans the lack of players who can dig in like Ponting at Old Trafford in 05 or Athers in Joburg in 95/96.

When tweeting about the poor quality of commentary during the Boxing Day test and beyond it is very important to include @bbuzzmc in your Tweet.

As many of you may be aware, Brad McNamara (@bbuzzmc) is the Executive Director of cricket at Channel 9. He is the one responsible for how the commentary team sounds.

The stunning thing is that it seems as though he is surprised that people actually don't like the majority of the commentary that Channel 9 produce. He thinks it's all going swell because the ratings are fine (he ignores the fact that they have exclusive rights and people don't have a choice). As well as the fact that the ratings don't reflect the number of people who mute the commentary and listen to ABC radio.

The wheel is slowly turning, and the only way change can happen is to express your displeasure right to the source.

Cheers.

:)

So I was unable to watch any of the innings today, but I was able to listen to the entire ting on the ABC (I was driving). They made quite a big deal of Clarke:
- testing out his hamstring after a three that should have been an all run four;
- calling out the physio for a protracted discussion;
- going the tonk straight afterwards; and
- doing no more than jogging his runs for the remainder of his innings.

It seemed quite clear.

Then I get home in time to turn on the box and hear Tim Gilbert say how well Clarke played and that "there was no sign of his troublesome hamstring or back."

Unless all the ABC commentators were pulling a well coordinated practical joke, then Nine appears, once again, to be treating its viewers as fools.

A bit disingenuous of me to put this in here, given "The 'Dos" isn't a Channel 9 commentator, but love Geoff Lemon and Russell Jackson's take of him and don't know where else to put it:

"Ever since Kevin Pietersen has been running around on the plains of Africa, he would have been wearing out his Achilles tendon."

http://www.espncricinfo.com/blogs/content/story/848877.html
readImage

A bit disingenuous of me to put this in here, given "The 'Dos" isn't a Channel 9 commentator, but love Geoff Lemon and Russell Jackson's take of him and don't know where else to put it:

http://www.espncricinfo.com/blogs/content/story/848877.html
readImage

comments section:

Posted by dinosaurus on (March 13, 2015, 12:28 GMT)
Just in case you didn't catch his drift, Russell is a Victorian, and one of those who truly *knows* that the Murray River (Victoria's northern border) is the cliff that forms the edge of the civilised universe. He is very good on the negative cliches about anything and everything, naturally without any actual knowledge of them whatsoever!

hai haydos!

Hearing Nine commentators work for someone else this World Cup has been a stark reminder they are competent when not told to act like bogan dickheads.

therefore the only reason for their abhorrent behaviour on nine is.......

brad mcnamara

The difference is like chalk and errr chalk, maybe Ch 9 need to get foreign commentators in, over the bogans flogging themselves over Australia.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting hearing Harsha Bhogle on The Back Page tonight.He was asked how the TV & Radio commentary had changed since he started in the early 1990's and he said radio hasn't changed but TV is now just too much banter and commentators are told to keep talking all the time,whereas the old days you'd have no commentary as a bowler came running into bowl.

As it happens The Back Page is a show where people talk a lot of crap and pretend to be funny :p

Interesting hearing Harsha Bhogle on The Back Page tonight.He was asked how the TV & Radio commentary had changed since he started in the early 1990's and he said radio hasn't changed but TV is now just too much banter and commentators are told to keep talking all the time,whereas the old days you'd have no commentary as a bowler came running into bowl.
the good days

Not the channel 9 telecast but a couple of bloopers on the big screen last night at the G.

When they went through the teams they had Dan Vettori's photo displayed for both him and, I think, Luke Ronchi. Then when they went through the Aussies they had "13th man" under Faulkner's name.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back