Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pretty obscure stuff. Have always liked ICS Vortex's clean vocals.

Not quite as good as Scald IMO but only heard a few songs really.

i love the vocals in LS

It reminds me of Scald because it's great heavy metal/doom vocals but not at that pro level like say Rob Lowe or Messiah level, but i like the rough edges it suits metal i think

Received Ascension Lost by Thulcandra in the mail this morning, will give that a spin tonight. :)

Dee Snider, did you ever get your order from Century Media Records dude?

Not yet but I got a shipping email saying they had been dispatched. Waiting for them to arrive. Looking forward to spinning that Ophis!!!

Last edited:
i'm really not up to date on the good metal releases of 2013/14/15

there was this then that then the other, and it's too huge a task to research now

throw some recommendations at me ******s

you know what i like

Albums I liked 2014. I posted this ages ago actually. Probably Behemoth & Triptykon my top 2.

Insomnium – Shadows of a Dying Sun
Pallbearer – Foundations of Burden
Triptykon – Melana Chasmata
Behemoth – The Satanist
Mutilation Rites - Harbinger
Woods of Desolation - As the Stars
Teitanblood – Death…
Agalloch – The Serpent and the Sphere
Goatwhore- Constricting Rage of the Merciless
Winger- Better Days Comin' (Yes..Winger...)
Tombs – Savage Gold
Mastodon – Once more round the Sun
Crowbar - Symmetry in Black
H.E.A.T. - Tearin Down the Walls
Crimson Shadows – Kings Among men
Overkill – White Devil Armory
Vader – Tibi et Igni
Accept - Blind Rage
Ghost Brigade- IV

Album cover of the year: Couch ****’s “My Life as a Women”.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Albums I liked 2014. I posted this ages ago actually. Probably Behemoth & Triptykon my top 2.

Insomnium – Shadows of a Dying Sun
Pallbearer – Foundations of Burden
Triptykon – Melana Chasmata
Behemoth – The Satanist
Mutilation Rites - Harbinger
Woods of Desolation - As the Stars
Teitanblood – Death…
Agalloch – The Serpent and the Sphere
Goatwhore- Constricting Rage of the Merciless
Winger- Better Days Comin' (Yes..Winger...)
Tombs – Savage Gold
Mastodon – Once more round the Sun
Crowbar - Symmetry in Black
H.E.A.T. - Tearin Down the Walls
Crimson Shadows – Kings Among men
Overkill – White Devil Armory
Vader – Tibi et Igni
Accept - Blind Rage
Ghost Brigade- IV

Album cover of the year: Couch ****’s “My Life as a Women”.

Winger...lol, had no idea they made a comeback, got they're self titled album on vinyl stored away somewhere.

Must admit the new Deicide is pretty decent, my bad for suggesting they were done.

When I heard people talking about Incubus in the 90's I always just assumed they meant these blokes.

These guys used to go alright too

On winger, I saw them in 07 when they opened for ratt (over the top 80s utensil rock is a guilty pleasure). I thought that winger would suck, but they were actually awesome; not just good, but awesome.

I'm not going to soundwave, but I'm seeing fear factory/exodus on Monday (but gary holt is not touring for some reason) and Soundgarden on Tuesday (ministry/godflesh sold out, but I'm happy with Soundgarden). Anyone else catching any sidewaves?

On winger, I saw them in 07 when they opened for ratt (over the top 80s utensil rock is a guilty pleasure). I thought that winger would suck, but they were actually awesome; not just good, but awesome.

I'm not going to soundwave, but I'm seeing fear factory/exodus on Monday (but gary holt is not touring for some reason) and Soundgarden on Tuesday (ministry/godflesh sold out, but I'm happy with Soundgarden). Anyone else catching any sidewaves?

Yeah Ratt are a friggin awesome band too. Didn't know Exodus were doing a side show, I figured Holt might have other commitments with Slayer etc.

Yeah Ratt are a friggin awesome band too. Didn't know Exodus were doing a side show, I figured Holt might have other commitments with Slayer etc.

That's the only reason I can think of. It probably makes sense though, as tired as Slayer are these days (how far have they fallen) he'll always make a lot more as a hired gun with them than he would in his own band.

And you're right. Ratt are awesome.

No as Priest aren't doing one in Melbourne. What a disgrace.

Nothing on the bill outside of Priest really grabbed me enough to put up with all those people.

Yeah them and Faith No More for myself, but having to wade through a crowd 150,000 people on a 30+ degree day isn't my idea of a good time. Only been once before, it was a nightmare lining up for drinks and trying to meet mates a certain stages, etc.

That's the only reason I can think of. It probably makes sense though, as tired as Slayer are these days (how far have they fallen) he'll always make a lot more as a hired gun with them than he would in his own band.

And you're right. Ratt are awesome.

I'd rather see Holt stick it out with Exodus even though they're small timers compared to Slayer. I'm guessing Slayer are pushing for him to be a permanent member, they don't really have a high turn over of people involved in the band, more dollars in his pocket too I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back