Random Random Thoughts MMXV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hahaha we'll take you there mate, the sausage rolls will even make you crack a smile

I think bedford prefers establishments that serve beverages of a different kind ;)

yeah I have to agree with bedford on this, I can't believe I'm calling out a former mod of this board. Not everyone here will get along, but airing grievances about other users on the boards is a bit ordinary IMO.

Anyway let's have more random thoughts and less discussion about which users are grumpy.

I'll have a say on this and we'll leave matters here.

Syd was a Bay 13 mod, a part of BigFooty that doesn't take itself too seriously - when he was brought in as a mod of this Board at the request of the site admin because things were being missed/let through because I had just stepped down as mod soon after another mod had (TheMase) as well. So it basically was a one mod board. I have no regrets in suggesting Syd for the role, rather than going through a search for a mod that I didn't have time for because he had never been an issue as a poster (other than a poem for Barry;)) and was already a mod.

Its a hard balance to play serious mod on a club board one minute and then go back to joker mod on Bay 13 the next, so to judge Syd for his time as a mod here when he helped put in place most of the structures we have today is unfair on him and missing a larger point in why he was Mod here in the first place.

Saying that the bedford that posts here is different to the bedford in person, but that is an entirely different matter an as RW said one that shouldn't be aired in public, just like all grievances each user might have against other users on this Board. RW, Bonz and myself are happy to answer questions regarding users if you have an issue, but we won't do it in public, nor will we allow it to take place.

Thanks and now back to your random thoughts

Hi All xx

Sorry i have been so MIA just been such a hectic few months in my life...bit of soul searching i guess you could say
Almost packed my bags and moved to melbourne but ended up finding a two bed room apartment here in clovelly

how have you all been? Im so looking forward to footy starting again and to see all of you xx

Hi All xx

Sorry i have been so MIA just been such a hectic few months in my life...bit of soul searching i guess you could say
Almost packed my bags and moved to melbourne but ended up finding a two bed room apartment here in clovelly

how have you all been? Im so looking forward to footy starting again and to see all of you xx
Welcome back :)

Hi All xx

Great to have you back for the start of the season. When your not posting here, its too quiet.

Now start the Reserves Thread;):p

It sounds like you're torn between both cities as I know you love Melbourne. It's hard to leave the Eastern Suburbs though (I am considering doing just that atm)

It sounds like you're torn between both cities as I know you love Melbourne. It's hard to leave the Eastern Suburbs though (I am considering doing just that atm)
What is it like living in NSW?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What is it like living in NSW?

Where do I start ;)

I guess Victorians would find it strange as the sporting culture is very different, the NRL is tribal but doesn't attract nearly as many fanatical adherents as the footy does in the heartland. More theatregoers (though Melbourne has them too). And yes, Sydney is more expensive, though most of the higher cost of living is probably down to real estate rather than day-to-day expenses. But I like both cities.

Hi All xx

Sounds like you need a cola

9.8% worse than living in VIC is my guess;)

Ha. Hard to put a number on it but there is no question footy players moving here feel the pinch when it comes to finding a place to live. And it's not just the eastern suburbs either, Breakfast Point isn't cheap. But I'm glad the AFL has created the housing allowance to replace the COLA, it's a much easier sell politically.

Sounds like you need a cola

If it had been a hawks flog that posted this instead of you they would have gotten a holiday, just saying ;)

Where do I start ;)

I guess Victorians would find it strange as the sporting culture is very different, the NRL is tribal but doesn't attract nearly as many fanatical adherents as the footy does in the heartland. More theatregoers (though Melbourne has them too). And yes, Sydney is more expensive, though most of the higher cost of living is probably down to real estate rather than day-to-day expenses. But I like both cities.
Looking forward to my Late July/Early August visit :)

I plan on a game in Sydney this year, but I also want to get in a game in Queensland if possible having not looked at the fixture past Round 1.
Vs GCS Saturday June 06
Vs BL Sunday July 12

Are both in QLD

Vs GCS Saturday June 06
Vs BL Sunday July 12

Are both in QLD

Thanks

Just looked at the fixture and the spread of the games in Melbourne means that the game again Brisbane would be ideal and for an SCG game the Adelaide game would be the best fit, but I would love to make the Collingwood game just because

Yes very much torn
i have been born and raised by the ocean and couldn't leave sydney's amazing beaches
but living on the coast of ocean grove just outside of geelong and only an hour away from melbourne made that also very tempting
But i needed to try doing it on my own in sydney first and then see where it takes me...shame that boys changed the way you do certain things aswell but thats what being single does

Missed you guys but i do have most of you on Facebook so i can always chat to you there
won't post as much i don't think but you will 100% catch me at the games with beers and banters just like the last few years have been xx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back