So much for Solidarity, Essendon - Barrett AFL Website

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
s**t article.

The sad thing is that as he's writing it, he probably imagines all the kudos and praise he's going to get for the "cut through".

Seriously, questioning the playing group's "solidarity" on the basis of 4 players requesting a game is pretty laughable. There may be divsion in the group but this is hardly evidence of it.

Footy media are by and large execrable journalists these day.
I have to say, I have become more and more disenchanted by the level of professionalism (or lack thereof) shown from both sides of the saga the longer this has gone on.

Oh god please enough of this "it is everyone elses fault except Essendon and Hird"
What exactly have we done wrong here?

AFL supported the 2012 playing group's decision to sit out matches. The group decided they would do this. The 4 young blokes obviously didn't put their hand up at that time saying they wanted to play, but now they have. And they are allowed to do that. This is what happens in team environments. Playing group is fine with it, coaches are fine with it, AFL Player's Association is fine with it. We've known that first year players coming up from the TAC Cup/under 18 competitions weren't involved in the program so they're not exactly breaking anyone else's confidentiality anyway.

This has absolutely nothing to do with James Hird, but Damo goes after him anyway. Gutter article from a gutter journalist. Stick to telling us who is out of contract, four-eyes.

What is an opinion piece doing as the lead story on the AFL website anyway? I go to the AFL website for news... if I wanted a worthless opinion from a biased journalist I'd read the Age.

It maybe a crap article but what media have we really had to laugh at since the tribunal blackout?

I don't think he is, Gavstar.

Barrett's a writer for the website afl.com.au and his views don't officially represent the AFL's.

They pay him to write for the website, its the same difference. Perhaps he was directed to write something angry about the recent EFC NAB vs simulation game and to make sure he inserts Hird and Little into the story in a negative way.

Though given he had a dig a the Polo Player he might be writing for someone else soon, though does anyone believe the Editor just let that one slip through or does it add to the "credibility" that he is an independent voice?

I am so much more cynical regarding AFL reporting in the media than I ever was before.

What's his beef with Essendon? He seems an angry little man.
Damo particularly hates Hird because Hird told Purple he wasn't looking to coach Essendon way back when in 2010 or whenever it was, and then took the job a few weeks/months later.

Damo took it personally that a coach didn't want to tell a journalist of his intentions before anything had been formally agreed upon.

Damo particularly hates Hird because Hird told Purple he wasn't looking to coach Essendon way back when in 2010 or whenever it was, and then took the job a few weeks/months later.

Damo took it personally that a coach didn't want to tell a journalist of his intentions before anything had been formally agreed upon.
Cheers for that. It's become such a game for them all. He said, she said. Whatever happened to "just the facts"?

Wow, you're pretty close to "Damo."

Thanks for the truth behind the article.

"Damo" is hurt Hird doesn't want to be his friend.

Not because Essendon are clowns and liars.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow, you're pretty close to "Damo."

Thanks for the truth behind the article.

"Damo" is hurt Hird doesn't want to be his friend.

Not because Essendon are clowns and liars.

5:15

You're welcome.

Hirdy didn't want to give Purple the scoop so he cracked the shits. Damo has been harbouring this grudge for quite some time.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-03-06/six-dons-to-sit-it-out

SIX ESSENDON players have been disallowed from taking part in the club's training session with Williamstown on Friday night after directions from the AFL.
Brendon Goddard, Adam Cooney, James Gwilt, Joe Daniher, Patrick Ambrose and Zach Merrett were set to be a part of the informal hit-out involving the VFL club and the 2012-listed Bombers players sitting out the NAB Challenge.
But the League has stepped in and stopped the group from participating, given they were not named in the club's weakened 26-man line-up to face St Kilda at Morwell on Saturday.
"The AFL have told us that six players aren't able to be a part of that training session. We're disappointed those six players aren't part of that session, but it is what it is and the AFL run the competition," coach James Hird said on Friday.
Hird said the Bombers' plans had always been to prepare as best they possibly could for their first game of the home and away season, against the Sydney Swans at the SCG on April 4.
"We've got our reasons why the team's playing tomorrow as they are playing, we've selected players so that they prepare for round one in the best possible way," Hird said.
"I think every club should be able to pick their team for round one of the NAB [Challenge] to prepare for the regular season the way they choose. That's what we've done for tomorrow.
"We've got six guys who won't be getting any competitive practice, but we'll train them in the right way today and get them ready for round one. We've had a lot of obstacles to jump over in the last two and we've jumped over most of them. We'll do it again."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-03-06/six-dons-to-sit-it-out

SIX ESSENDON players have been disallowed from taking part in the club's training session with Williamstown on Friday night after directions from the AFL.
Brendon Goddard, Adam Cooney, James Gwilt, Joe Daniher, Patrick Ambrose and Zach Merrett were set to be a part of the informal hit-out involving the VFL club and the 2012-listed Bombers players sitting out the NAB Challenge.
Further proof that Daniher wasn't involved in the 2012 program?

Further proof that Daniher wasn't involved in the 2012 program?

Still doesn't confirm if Joe Daniher has a IN

I want to see him play in the NAB cup

Just confirms he wasn't that sore after his training session. Speculation is still valid until he plays in the NAB.

flog

thwd6D6.jpg

What a f******* knob jockey

Maybe he could set himself a personal development challenge and write a sensible article on this case. Think of the novelty value.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back