2015 NAB Challenge - Essendon v St Kilda, Morwell, 4.40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Hilarious that you ditched this thread once proven wrong.
In that scenario, it's believed top-up players from state-based competitions around the country would be allowed to fill the breach.

But Richardson and Riewoldt insisted that would not be St Kilda's preference.

When asked if he would rather play a full-strength Essendon team, Richardson said: "Of course you would. Absolutely. And if it's the Bombers, we hope that's the case ... We want it to be a really stiff competition so we can get as good a preparation as we can."

St Kilda veteran Leigh Montagna said it wasn't ideal for his team to be playing against lower-grade opposition.

"Obviously as a playing group you'd love to play against a strong opposition, but obviously we understand the circumstances," Montagna told Triple M.

IMO would have been a good match for you guys. Might not be a superstar, but seems pretty consistent at AFL level.
Plus he has proven to be reliable in getting out on the park week after week, something our current ruck stocks certainly aren't

I always find betting on practice matches a bit of a puzzle.

You often have both sides that are not trying to win, but implement plans and test out players.

As a legitimate sporting contest it's probably only just slightly more credible than the result in an EJ Whitten game.

Bloody hell...I put a line through NBA regular season games, worrying that individually they just don't matter enough. If you're betting on NAB games, you deserve to lose your money.

Solid would be the description I'd use for almost all of his qualities.
Were you in the hunt at all, or no interest whatsoever?
Don't think they looked in that direction

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brad Johnson is spot on there. I don't think the AFL will appreciate him voicing it though.
But the reality is that those at the bottom - are in for a world of pain.. Can they climb? Absolutely not.
The myth that Port Adelaide climbed from tears to glory - was masked by the fact they had a HEAP of high quality draft picks on their list.
St Kilda are screwed. Any side down the bottom in the new world of AFL is basically stuffed.

Was filthy that we didn't make a big play for him at the end of last season

Difficult one. You can argue that McIntosh and Simpson are always injured, but if either is not, I'm not sure Giles would be a certainty to start ahead of them. And, as a recognised ruckman, presumably he's on decent money. If Bellchambers has a relatively injury-free season, I could see Giles only getting half a dozen or so games. The McIntosh project was looking like a master stroke last season, until the last 2-3 games.

Brad Johnson is spot on there. I don't think the AFL will appreciate him voicing it though.
But the reality is that those at the bottom - are in for a world of pain.. Can they climb? Absolutely not.
The myth that Port Adelaide climbed from tears to glory - was masked by the fact they had a HEAP of high quality draft picks on their list.
St Kilda are screwed. Any side down the bottom in the new world of AFL is basically stuffed.
Oh, they can climb, but unlikely to reach the 8. I suspect more changes to free agency are on the cards, to try and get quality to the lower clubs.

I don't know about that. They've got quite a lot of promising young players coming through and they'll get good picks again at the end of the year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back