Good Call/Bad Call

Remove this Banner Ad

Bad call: boyd is ready game1 and paddy has to deal with only kick it to roo syndrome :p

Good call/ bad call: finishing last is the best realistic goal that we should all have
Bad call. Not the best strategy to aim to finish last. Penalties apply.
But yeah, sobering call, it's gonna happen now isn't it.

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars" - Oscar Wilde

Good call/bad call?
Throughout 2015 the Saints will be competitive in games almost every week.

Last edited:
Good call/Ball call; our trades of Ben McEvoy and Rhys Stanley will be seen as a massive win by the club in 5 years and the players aquired will have a big role in our success.
Good call, obvious call! Looking like daylight robbery the Macca trade in particular. The three players we picked up in that trade all look to be best 22 players at the very least.

Good call/bad call: We pinch one of the GWS star mids.

Good call/bad call: ARs game plan clearly shows intent to bring the ball through the middle. While this may be good in the future, at various points this year we are going to get absolutely obliterated by teams when our crap disposal means we turn the ball over in the corridor.

Good call/bad call: ARs game plan clearly shows intent to bring the ball through the middle. While this may be good in the future, at various points this year we are going to get absolutely obliterated by teams when our crap disposal means we turn the ball over in the corridor.
Good call. The only backmen who should even think about looking into the corridor let alone attempt it are Savage, Webster and Fisher. Everyone else can look down the line.

Good call/bad call: We play finals before 2017.

Good call. The only backmen who should even think about looking into the corridor let alone attempt it are Savage, Webster and Fisher. Everyone else can look down the line.

Bad Call: Need to recruit quite a few more guns - Can't really see many falling outside the 8 in the interim.

Bad call, unfair call. 2018 at the earliest I think, still a while to go, I don't think we should put too much expectation on these guys yet, and our 2 key pillars (Goddard and Paddy) will need more time.

Bad call, unfair call. 2018 at the earliest I think, still a while to go, I don't think we should put too much expectation on these guys yet, and our 2 key pillars (Goddard and Paddy) will need more time.

Bad Call. Stkilda don't have a midfield they will 2 more drafts

Bad Call. Stkilda don't have a midfield they will 2 more drafts

We're sure as s**t getting there, though.

Jack Newnes.
Seb Ross.
Luke Dunstan.
Eli Templeton
Jack Billings
Blake Acres
David Armitage
Jack Steven

We all know that's a seriously solid core over the next few years. That's before you factor in the serious possibilities in Webster, Minchington, Lonie, Sinclair, etc.

I think we probably need the star to build it around, like a Treloar, and maybe a few more depth midfielders and we have all the right tools provided development goes as it should, and as it has for Newnes and Ross.

Jack Newnes.
Seb Ross.
Luke Dunstan.
Eli Templeton
Jack Billings
Blake Acres
David Armitage
Jack Steven

We all know that's a seriously solid core over the next few years. That's before you factor in the serious possibilities in Webster, Minchington, Lonie, Sinclair, etc.

I think we probably need the star to build it around, like a Treloar, and maybe a few more depth midfielders and we have all the right tools provided development goes as it should, and as it has for Newnes and Ross.

With respect would you like the one above or the ones below.

Whitfield , Kelly , Shiel , Treloar , Ward, Griffen , Greene , Smith, Will Hoskin Elliott , Ahern , Pickett,
Cognilio , Scully, Palmer.

Or

Prestia, Swallow , Mckenzie,Kolajansi , Bennell , Matera, Rischellti, Gartlett, Ablett,

With respect would you like the one above or the ones below.

Whitfield , Kelly , Shiel , Treloar , Ward, Griffen , Greene , Smith, Will Hoskin Elliott , Ahern , Pickett,
Cognilio , Scully, Palmer.

Or

Prestia, Swallow , Mckenzie,Kolajansi , Bennell , Matera, Rischellti, Gartlett, Ablett,
Omeara , Martin , Sexton

Given Patracca's knee and CAmeron signing for 5 years, was selecting Paddy Mac an inspired decision?

Good call, bad call, hindsight call?

Given Patracca's knee and CAmeron signing for 5 years, was selecting Paddy Mac an inspired decision?

Good call, bad call, hindsight call?

Good Call / Hindsight Call ;

Probably need more time to definitively go either way. However, I've been surprised by his readiness to influence contests - the quickness of which he trimmed down to a more slim-playing size. Similarly, it seems character wise he's what we want, and he's shown the attitude and willingness to improve himself which is fantastic. Pretty happy with the pick, and if it gives us cap room to shaft GWS and steal a gem or two from them in a few years - it'll be a masterstroke!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jack Newnes.
Seb Ross.
Luke Dunstan.
Eli Templeton
Jack Billings
Blake Acres
David Armitage
Jack Steven

I would want to add at least two out and out A graders to that list though.

Another historical hindsight (and don't get me wrong, I loved the guy)

Good call/bad call

Kosi should have spent his entire career at CHB where he won the rising star. Allow him to just run straight at the ball and use his hands, not have to worry about peripheral vision as much.

Good call/bad call

Kosi should have spent his entire career at CHB where he won the rising star. Allow him to just run straight at the ball and use his hands, not have to worry about peripheral vision as much.

Bad call, he lost mobility and would have been turned around too easily. His centre of gravity was too high.

Good/Bad call

Tom Hickey will be the second coming of Peter Everitt.

Top class tap ruckman drifting forward to kick goals.

Good call but speculative call. I think Hickey has the talent and ability to become an a grade ruckman. He has the confidence in himself that Longer lacks and with his knees no longer giving him pain he is going to grow rapidly into the role.

I knew the Doc & Stewart were big names at St.Kilda but i didnt realize how just how huge they both were physically.
I mean look at them:eek: They make Moorabbin look like a toy.
Darrel-Baldock-5503746.jpg

Im an idiot
GOOD CALL / BAD CALL :D

I knew the Doc & Stewart were big names at St.Kilda but i didnt realize how just how huge they both were physically.
I mean look at them:eek: They make Moorabbin look like a toy.
Darrel-Baldock-5503746.jpg

Im an idiot

OBVIOUS call, ;):rainbow:

Good call/bad call

At our peak in 2008-10 we had one of the best CHB's in the league in Fisher. Add Gilbert, Dempster, Dawson and I'm not sure there'd have been room. Was pretty good up forward in 2009 as well with 50 odd goals. And his work with Rooey was integral.

Wonder how different the last 10 years would have been had Kosi remained as a CHB.

Im an idiot

Slitheringly bad call! Always remember the words of one of the greatest poets of our time...Nicholas Cage...who once recounted that "Every great story begins with a SNAKE"!

This thread is getting a bit warm and cosy...here's one you can get your teeth into.

GOOD CALL / BAD CALL
If Sam Fisher has an All Australian season this year we must put him on the trade table to an expansion club.

At our peak in 2008-10 we had one of the best CHB's in the league in Fisher. Add Gilbert, Dempster, Dawson and I'm not sure there'd have been room. Was pretty good up forward in 2009 as well with 50 odd goals. And his work with Rooey was integral.

Wonder how different the last 10 years would have been had Kosi remained as a CHB.
Don't forget at one stage Maguire looked like being a 10 year CHB.

Slitheringly bad call! Always remember the words of one of the greatest poets of our time...Nicholas Cage...who once recounted that "Every great story begins with a SNAKE"!

This thread is getting a bit warm and cosy...here's one you can get your teeth into.

GOOD CALL / BAD CALL
If Sam Fisher has an All Australian season this year we must put him on the trade table to an expansion club.
Bad call/extremely unlikely call. Worth more to us than whatever 40+ pick we'd get from another team.

Good call/bad call: Blake Acres will be the best of the 2013 draftees.

Good call bad call

Basil has lost it's flavour, need a new herb...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back